Home

Trying to find my perfect sliders: An ongoing thread

This is a discussion on Trying to find my perfect sliders: An ongoing thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trying to find my perfect sliders: An ongoing thread

After recently discovering 2k5 I've fallen into it hardcore. I really love this game and the fact that it was made in a time where the main focus was to give the players as much as possible for their money, and not to grind out as much money from us as possible while giving us very little in return. So I went through the hassle of learning how to set up the PCSX2 emulator, downloading current rosters, getting everything set up just right, and I started a franchise with the Chicago Bears.

After getting used to the game, I settle in on All Pro difficulty, and ended up winning the Super Bowl my first season fairly easily. So I decided for the second season I needed to dial things up, so I dove into the forums here and tried some of the custom sliders recommended.

I started off with Bill's sliders as a base, making some small adjustments because certain things didn't feel right. Here is where I started the second season of my franchise at:

Blocking: 16/40
Passing: 0/40
Running: 16/40
Catching: 40/40
Coverage: 4/30
Pursuit: 3/4
Tackling: 0/8
Kicking: 16/16
Fatigue: 4/4

Injury:20
Fumble: 24
Interception: 0

RESULTS: While this obviously made the game MUCH harder. It was mostly manageable... Well, it would have been if it were not for me losing my top two HBs and top three WRs to season-ending injuries by week 5. I simmed out the season after that and the team went 5-11.

Pros:

The passing game felt good, giving a nice balance between players making great catches and the defense shutting them down. The CPU made a lot of crazy plays at times, but it never felt unfair. Kicking was challenging while still manageable for someone who isn't great at it.

Cons:

The running game was EXTREMELY difficult. The high blocking combined with lower running meant that even with my starting HB, Tarik Cohen, he would get instantly swallowed up 90% of the time. If he did break free it was almost impossible to break for a TD. At times he would be chased down by linemen.

Obviously the injuries were awful, but I'm going to consider that a fluke until I see it happen again, so I'l leaving the injuries as is.

So with those things being said, here are the adjustments I'm making for next season (changes in bold):

Blocking: 18/40
Passing: 0/40
Running: 16/38
Catching: 40/40
Coverage: 5/28
Pursuit: 4/4
Tackling: 0/8
Kicking: 16/16
Fatigue: 4/4

Injury:20
Fumble: 24
Interception: 0

We'll see what next season holds...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Trying to find my perfect sliders: An ongoing thread

How were you able to simulate with current rosters? Every time I try on the pcsx2 it stutters than freezes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »