Home

2014 OS "Who To Start" Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 OS "Who To Start" Thread within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2014 OS "Who To Start" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
My other WRs are Dez, Torrey Smith, Decker, and Golden Tate, so I'm definitely looking at upside vs instant contribution.

But given your prior post I added Malcolm Floyd instead.
Yeah, I was talking about Michael Floyd, lol (ARI).

But considering what you have, I'd throw Malcolm Floyd in with the group you were picking from. He's kind of a forgotten man because of his injury but if he can stay healthy, he can be a solid WR3 in a passing offense with a good QB.

If you back track since it's a different Floyd, I think I'd lean toward a Raider if I were you. It's your favorite team and SOMEBODY is going to be fantasy worthy out of that group. I like Moore the most but he's the #3 right now. I want to like Jones but the only report I've heard wasn't too promising. This is what Rotoworld says on Jones (and many other sites are using their feed as news so it's the same)...

Quote:
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders coaches think James Jones "might have too much wear to be suited for the No. 1 role."
It's a bit of a confusing notion, as Jones is just 30 years old and was never targeted more than 98 times in any of his seven seasons with the Packers. Perhaps the Raiders coaches simply don't think Jones is good enough to be a No. 1 wideout. That would make a lot more sense, as he's always had JAG kind of ability. Jones gets a boost with Derek Carr taking over for Matt Schaub, but he's still a WR4/5 as he shares targets with Denarius Moore and Rod Streater. Sep 3 - 4:54 PM
I remember when Streater was a sleeper but now I have no idea what to think of him, and dealing with Shaub in the preseason didn't help sort that out any. But long story short, I think any of these guys (including Malcolm Floyd) are better for your team than Hartline. I'm pulling back from Latimer a bit too bc I don't see you needing to use him and expect his value to drop before you can get anything for him in a trade (bc Welker will be back, either immediately or in 4 weeks).
Old 09-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #34
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

.50 ppr.

I need help on what TE and what WR to start.

The reason I'm asking is I got 4 vikings on my team. I really didn't notice that at first. I mean Adrian is a given to start and of course my kicker Walsh isn't really a bid deal.

Paterson and Rudolph are my qiestions. Paterson Imo is going to get a lot of touches this year in norvs offense and Rudolph is one of Cassels favorite targets.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

Last edited by Candyman5; 09-05-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
.50 ppr.

I need help on what TE and what WR to start.

Not really, lol.

Honestly, you've got a couple of options that can't really go wrong. Nice job. I'm guessing this is a 10 team league so other teams are stacked too but even with match ups this week, you should be in great shape.

Personally, I'd start Decker over Patterson for this week. This is probably the ONLY week I'd say that, and there's nothing wrong with keeping Patterson in there. But the Rams have a tough D and if they get to Cassell they could limit his ability to even attempt to get it to Patterson. I think Decker will have more catches either way, but I think he has potential to get more yards and more potential to get a score too. That's like 1a and 1b though.

At TE I'd start Vernon. The Cowboys D is awful... already commented on the STL D and potential issues that could cause for MIN pass catchers. Again, it's nitpicking but since you have other, better options (I'd even start Gates over Rudolph this week... but would start Vernon ahead of both) why not go with them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #36
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Not really, lol.

Honestly, you've got a couple of options that can't really go wrong. Nice job. I'm guessing this is a 10 team league so other teams are stacked too but even with match ups this week, you should be in great shape.

Personally, I'd start Decker over Patterson for this week. This is probably the ONLY week I'd say that, and there's nothing wrong with keeping Patterson in there. But the Rams have a tough D and if they get to Cassell they could limit his ability to even attempt to get it to Patterson. I think Decker will have more catches either way, but I think he has potential to get more yards and more potential to get a score too. That's like 1a and 1b though.

At TE I'd start Vernon. The Cowboys D is awful... already commented on the STL D and potential issues that could cause for MIN pass catchers. Again, it's nitpicking but since you have other, better options (I'd even start Gates over Rudolph this week... but would start Vernon ahead of both) why not go with them?
Yeah I edited my post before you quoted me. I think I'm keeping Paterson in there since I trust him more than I trust the jets.

Davis is starting though.

Teams:
Old 09-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #37
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, I was talking about Michael Floyd, lol (ARI).

But considering what you have, I'd throw Malcolm Floyd in with the group you were picking from. He's kind of a forgotten man because of his injury but if he can stay healthy, he can be a solid WR3 in a passing offense with a good QB.

If you back track since it's a different Floyd, I think I'd lean toward a Raider if I were you. It's your favorite team and SOMEBODY is going to be fantasy worthy out of that group. I like Moore the most but he's the #3 right now. I want to like Jones but the only report I've heard wasn't too promising. This is what Rotoworld says on Jones (and many other sites are using their feed as news so it's the same)...

I remember when Streater was a sleeper but now I have no idea what to think of him, and dealing with Shaub in the preseason didn't help sort that out any. But long story short, I think any of these guys (including Malcolm Floyd) are better for your team than Hartline. I'm pulling back from Latimer a bit too bc I don't see you needing to use him and expect his value to drop before you can get anything for him in a trade (bc Welker will be back, either immediately or in 4 weeks).
My recent history w raiders (Pryor, McFadden, Moore in previous years) always makes me gunshy to pick one up. I'll stick with MALCOM Floydfor now lol

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 09-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #38
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
My recent history w raiders (Pryor, McFadden, Moore in previous years) always makes me gunshy to pick one up. I'll stick with MALCOM Floydfor now lol
Pick up Josh Gordon instead.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #39
KmK
Pro

KmK's Arena

OVR: 5
2014 OS "Who To Start" Thread

Woodhead @ Arizona
Mark Ingram @ Atlanta

Mike Wallace vs NE
Riley Cooper vs Jax

Cam (Q) @ TB
Rivers @ Arizona

PPR

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA Kings
San Diego Chargers
San Diego Padres
LA Clippers
UCLA Bruins
Old 09-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #40
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmK
Woodhead @ Arizona
Mark Ingram @ Atlanta

Mike Wallace vs NE
Riley Cooper vs Jax

Cam (Q) @ TB
Rivers @ Arizona

PPR

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1- I say Ingram due to matchup. Falcons be lucky to stop the Raiders this year on defense imo. Plus I got a feeling (even though I hate the saints) that Ingram will have a break out year.

Woodhead I could see having some catches but the Arizona matchup scared me more that the falcons one.

#2- I say cooper. They are going up against the jax pass defense and I do still think foles will be fine. With Desean gone, Cooper in my opinion will be that much valuable. Safer pick.

I fear for Wallace going up against NE improved (should be) secondary.

#3- I take Rivers over Cam. For 1 Tampa will be coming after Newton extremely violently due to his injury. Another is his lack of targets to throw too in a swarming secondary. Another is you know what you get with rivers. He will throw a lot and give you more chances to score points.

Teams:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »