Home

New Leadership In Oakland (Madden 10)

This is a discussion on New Leadership In Oakland (Madden 10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
New Leadership In Oakland (Madden 10)

After another horrible year and offseason, current Oakland Raider's owner Al Davis has decided to sell his team. The new owner is a football nut from Illinois. He is current owner of the Pacemaker Super Market chain so please welcome the new Oakland Raiders owner and GM William Haughton.

"Hello and thank you. This is a great opportunity for not only myself but also for Oakland. I am here to turn this team around and am willing to do whatever it takes to do so. First thing I want to say to everyone is expect HUGE changes in the coming years. This year I will not be making any changes but instead I am given every player on the team a try out if you will. If they perform well then they will stay on the team, however if they don't show me something then I will cut or trade them in at the end of the year. I don't care if you were a 1st round player or if you are making X amount of dollars. All I care about is hustle and performance. At the end of the 2009-2010 season, I will evaluate EVERY single position and make changes where I see fit.

I will be completely honest with all of you and tell you that I would be very very surprised if this team wins more than 5 games this year. Not because I think they suck but because they don't know how to win....at least not right now. However I guarantee that within the next 3 to 4 years I will turn this team into a winning team again. If I can't do it then I will sell the team to someone else. Thank you."

So there you have it William has guaranteed a winning team in 4 years or he will sell his team.

*Note I will just sim the first season and start in the offseason. Also the game will be 11 minute quarters with 20 second accelerated clock on. Also I am using someones sliders on here which worked pretty good for me so far with the Bears.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Re: New Leadership In Oakland (Madden 10)

2009 Preseason
3-1
2009 Season
5-11

STATS
Jamarcus Russell- 59.5 Rating, 2391 yards, 11 Tds, 15 Ints
Darren McFadden- 630 yards, 1 Td, 2.7 avg
Heyward-Bey- 58 catches, 652 yards, 4 Tds
Zach Miller- 53 catches, 609 yards, 3 Tds
Kirk Morrison- 151 tackles, 15 TFL, 2 ints, 2 sacks
Nnamdi Asomugha- 18 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 ints
Jay Richardson- 50 tackles, 15 sacks

William Haughton- "Well I knew this season was going to be a rough one but now I have a great idea as to where I want to go with this organization. There were a few guys who really stood out and have secured their spot on this team for the next few years. However there were more than a few guys who just aren't going to cut it and I will see what I can get for them. Don't look for us to be making a big splash in the free agent pool this year because I know the dynasty teams are built through the draft. That will be our focuse for this offseason."

AWARDS
MVP- Drew Brees (NO)
Offensive Player- Drew Brees (NO)
Defensive Player- Stewart Bradley (PHI)
Offensive Rookie- Mark Sanchez (NYJ)
Defensive Rookie- Aaron Curry (SEA)

RAIDERS IN PRO BOWL
Jay Richardson- DE
Johnnie Lee Higgins- KR

AFC PLAYOFF TEAMS
Steelers- 14-2
Patroits- 14-2
Titans- 11-5
Broncos- 10-6
Bills- 9-6-1
Jets- 9-7

NFC PLAYOFF TEAMS
Falcons- 11-5
Eagles- 10-5-1
Cardinals 10-6
Redskins- 10-6
Bears- 9-6-1
Giants 9-6-1

SUPER BOWL
Steelers- 21
Falcons- 10

Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 AM   #3
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OFFSEASON

With another disappointing season, Owner/GM, William Haughton, has a lot of work to do in order to live up to his promise of a winning team in 4 years. His first order of business is to figure out his coaching staff.

"If I want to build a winning team then I need to have winners coaching them. I am sorry to say but I am firing the head coach, defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator. I need guys who can come in here and teach our young men how to be winners. I went out and found 3 guys who I feel can lead this team and create winners out of them. Those guys are M. Martz (Head Coach), R. Crennel (Defensive Coordinator) and N. Turner (Offensive Coordinator).

I feel these guys have the experience needed to guide my guys and prepare them for the next level. They will also provide me with some guidence in the draft."

RETIREMENTS
OAKLAND
Jeff Gacia- QB
Lorenzo Neal- FB

NOTABLE RETIREMENTS
Zach Thomas-MLB
Derrick Brooks- ROLB
Isac Bruce- WR
Marvin Harrison- WR
Mushin Muhammad- WR
Joey Galloway- WR
Teddy Brushi- MLB

RESIGNINGS
Kirk Morrison- 7 years, $61 million, $19 million Bonus
Oren O'Neal- 5 years, $4.3 million, $400K Bonus
Zach Miller- 7 years, $32 million, $13 million Bonus
Thomas Howard- 7 years, $42 million, $17 million Bonus
Jay Richardson- 5 years, $6 million, $1.45 million Bonus

"Morrison, Miler, and Howard are the future stars of this club. Morrison and Howard were the leaders of this defense and showed the desire to win. Miller will be the next great Tight End. O'Neal showed a lot of promise playing the backup role to FB Neal so hopefully he learned a thing or two from the future hall of famer. Jay Richardson made the probowl and recorded 15 sacks for us so I kept my promise and resigned him.
DID NOT RESIGN
John Wade
Derrick Burgess
Sebastian Janikowski
Cornell Green
Hiram Eugene
Paul McQuistan
Chaz Schilens
Stanford Routt
Ricky Brown
William Joseph
Marcus Johnson
Greyson Gunheim
Chris Morris
Sam Williams
Ryan Boshetti
Andrew Walter
Darrick Brown
Jon Alston
John Bowie

"Obviously we knew there were going to be a lot of guys without a job after another poor season. I wish all these guys the best of luck in their search for a new job."

FREE AGENCY
"Like I said earlier, don't expect us to make any huge signings in the free agency this offseason. We will try to look for guys who show promise and go from there."

G. Hartley (K)- 3 years, $3.3 million, $450K Bonus

DRAFT IS COMING UP

Last edited by billyboy316; 08-15-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:48 AM   #4
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

NFL DRAFT- DAY ONE

William- Well guys it's draft time. We have a lot of holes to fill and with the 7th overall pick we can fill a need right away. What do you guys think?

Martz- Well obviously it depends on how you feel about Russell. If you feel he isn't the man then I say we go quarterback first round.

Crennel- Wait a minute. We all know defense wins championships and let's face it this defense just isn't an elite defense. I have a big glaring need on my line and at outside linebacker. We should look into those two positions with the 7th overall pick.

William- I see where you are coming from and I haven't made up my mind on Russell just yet. I feel as if we should give him a year under you guys (Martz and Turner). If he can't pick it up this year then we will replace him next offseason.

Turner- I agree. I have seen a lot of potential out of him and feel he could be a successfull NFL quarterback.

Martz- Ok well what about offensive line? We need a solid right tackle and we could always upgrade our right and left guards.

William- I couldn't agree more Martz. Last year our line sucked however we are somewhat strapped for cash thanks to Al Davis signing guys to rediculous contracts. So what about trading out of the 7th spot and maybe grabbing a late 1st and either a 2nd or 3rd? That way we can fill more holes in the draft.

Martz/Turner/Crennell- We like it!

TRADE
Oakland trades their 1st round pick (7th) to Chicago for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks (22nd)

OAKLAND IS NOW ON THE CLOCK
William- Alright guys well there is a nice RT on the board and I think we should grab him up. However he might still be available early in the second so what do you guys think?

Martz-Well I like the RE out of Oregon State.

Crennel- Yea he looks like he could contribute right away and help the line out.

William- Alright let's draft him.

"With the 22nd pick in this years NFL draft, Oakland selects J. Hagerup, Defensive End, Oregon State."

Oakland is now on the clock- 7th pick in the 2nd round

William- Well Garrett Thompson is still on the board. I think we should grap him up.

Martz- Yes I agree. At 6'7" 300 pounds this guy is a monster. Should open up holes for McFadden and protect Russell.

Turner- Yes we need to protect Russell as much as possible.

William- Alright I will go put it in.

"With the 7th pick in the 2nd round, Oakland selects Garrett Thompson, Tackle out of Maryland."

Oakland is now on the clock- 22nd pick in the 2nd round

William- Alright well I know we don't really NEED a receiver but I can't help but look at taking Carlos Bell out of Memphis. He is 6'3" and just looks like an NFL reciever. The other players I am looking into are; Peter Boma (RG- Ole Miss), Jon Sloan (LG- Wisconsin), and Austin Swope (ROLB- Nevada). However I feel we could get one or more of those guys in the later rounds.

Martz- Well you can never have too many weapons on offense.

Turner- Yea Russell could use another weapon to compliment Heyward-Bey.

Crennel- I have no objections to that as long as we look defense next round.

William- Trust me defense is still on my mind. I will go put it in then.

"With the 22nd pick in the 2nd round, Oakland selects Carlos Bell, reciever out of Memphis."

OAKLAND IS NOW ON THE CLOCK- 7th pick of the 3rd round

William- Boma is still available and I am picking him up. We will go defense with the next pick Crennel.

Crennel- Alright I have a few guys I have been checking out.

William- Ok I will go put in Boma and next pick will be defense.

"With the 7th pick in the 3rd round, Oakland selects Peter Boma, Guard out of Ole Miss."

OAKLAND IS NOW ON THE CLOCK- 22ND PICK IN THE 3RD ROUND

William- Alright Crennel who do you have in mind?

Crennel- Well there is Dominique Scott (CB), Tylar Leontus (MLB), Austin Swope (ROLB), and Scott Brooks (RE).

William- Well looking at the list I would say Scott is out because we have some talented cornerbacks. We just signed Morrison to a long term deal so Leontus is out. I would go Swope over Brooks because I feel you we can get Brooks in the 4th round.

Crennel- Ok go get Swope.

"With the 22nd pick in the 3rd round, Oakland selects Austin Swope, Linebacker out of Nevada."

Old 08-15-2009, 05:02 AM   #5
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

NFL DRAFT- DAY 2

William- Ok guys I felt we had a pretty good day 1. However now is where the good coaches separate themselves from the bad ones. Let's have a good second day. So the positions we need to look at are quarterback, defensive end, guard, defensive tackle and safety.

I personally like quarterback Stephen Benson out of USC. Norv what do you think?

Turner- Well he has a cannon for an arm. Has some decent speed and can hit the long ball pretty consistently. Big problem area is his mid range accuracy but I think we can work with him and maybe he can take over for Russell.

William- Alright let's get him and see what he can do.

"With the 7th pick in the 4th round, Oakland selects Stephan Benson, quarterback out of USC."

Oakland is now on the clock- 7th pick in the 5th round

William- The only safety worth looking at is Darius Linder but I just don't know about him. I do like Garrett Klein (LG) or Bryant Hasis (DE) in this spot. What do you guys think?

Martz- Well we have focused a lot on the offensive side. Maybe we should go defense here.

Turner- Yea I was looking at some of the guards and I think we can get a pretty decent one in the 6th round.

William- Ok then Crennel do you want Linder or Hasis?

Crennel- Well I think we need another DE to push Richardson. I don't want him thinking that just because he had 15 sacks last year that he can slack off and get the starting spot.

William- Ok so Hasis it is.

"With the 7th pick in the 5th round, Oakland selects Bryant Hasis, Defensive End out of UCLA."

Oakland is now on the clock- 7th pick in the 6th round

William- Ok with only 2 picks left I think we need to grab another guard and then just pick the best available. Do you guys agree?

Martz- That is what I would do.

Turner- I agree.

Crennel- That is fine with me.

William- Great! Now Martz which guard looks good in your eyes?

Martz- Well Je'won Fields looks good. Needs some work on his footwork. Also I like Connor Perry. He is as strong as they come putting up 225 over 30 times. Just isn't that fast. I don't know William what do you think?

William- Well I actually like Brandon Knust. He has a great mix of strength and quickness.

Martz- Oh yea I almost forgot about him. I would take him.

William- Ok I will put it in.

"With the 7th pick in the 6th round, Oakland selects Brandon Knust, Guard out of McNeese St."

Oakland is now on the clock- 7th pick in the 7th round

William- Well guys this is our last pick. I think we should pick Tyrone Cole (WR). He is fast and shows a lot of promis.

Martz- Do you really want to draft 2 receivers?

William- Yes I do as long as they hold some value. Walker is as good as gone so we need some young talented guys to fill the holes. Plus he is 6'4" and ran a 4.25 40 time.

Martz- Ok then let's get him

"With the 7th pick in the 7th round, Oakland selects Tyrone Cole, receiver out of Texas A&M."

ROOKIE SIGNINGS
Jarrett Hagerup- 4 years, $4 million and $600K bonus
Garrett Thompson- 5 years, $40 million and $11 million bonus (he better be worth it lol)
Carlos Bell- 3 years, $7 million and $2 million bonus
Peter Boma- 3 years, $6 million and $1 million bonus
Austin Swope- 3 years, $2 million and $400K bonus
Stephen Benson- 3 years, $990K and $60K bonus
Bryant Hasis- 1 year, $300K
Brandon Knust- 1 year, $300K
Tyrone Cole- 1 year, $300K

ROOKIE RATINGS
Jarrett Hagerup(DE)- 66 overall. Potential- C (BUST)
Garrett Thompson(RT)- 84 overall. Potential- A
Carlos Bell(WR)- 81 overall. Potential- A
Peter Boma(RG)- 85 overall. Potential- A
Austin Swope(OLB)- 79 overall. Potential- A
Stephen Benson (QB)- 56 overall. Potential- C
Bryant Hasis(DE)- 68 overall. Potential- C
Brandon Knust(RG)- 60 overall. Potential- D
Tyrone Cole(WR)- 77 overall. Potential- C

William- Overall I am very pleased with the draft. We found some guys who can contribute right away and I am excited about that. If we can have another good draft like this then we will be fine.

RELEASES AND PICK UPS
Released
WR- Arman Shields
LG- Robert Gallery
LE- Matt Shaughnessy

Signed
TE Leonard Pope- 1 year $1M and $400K bonus
LG Anthony Davis- 1 year $1.36M and $500K bonus
RT Kevin Boothe- 1 year $1.14M and $400K bonus
DT Barry Cofield- 1 year $4.2M and $800K bonus
LOLB Scott Fujita- 1 year $1.2M and $400K bonus
ROLB Brandon Chillar- 1 year $1.2M and $200K bonus
MLB John Digiorgio- 1 year $1.3M and $500K bonus
CB Leigh Bodden- 1 year $5M and $2M bonus
CB Josh Bell- 1 year $1.2M and $500K bonus
FS Danieal Manning- 1 year $1.14M and $460K bonus

William- I feel as though we made some great strides to a winning football team this offseason. We drafted some really talented players and picked up a few players who will have the opportunity to step up and play. I don't think an 8-8 season is out of the question.

PRESEASON
AT Buccaneers- L 6-23
VS Seahawks- W 24-20
VS Giants- W 17-6
AT Bengals- L 3-23

2010 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
WEEK 1- VS CHARGERS
WEEK 2- VS RAMS
WEEK 3- AT BRONCOS
WEEK 4- VS 49ERS
WEEK 5- AT CHIEFS
WEEK 6- VS BENGALS
WEEK 7- BYE
WEEK 8- AT CHARGERS
WEEK 9- AT SEAHAWKS
WEEK 10- VS BRONCOS
WEEK 11- VS TEXANS
WEEK 12- AT COLTS
WEEK 13- VS CHIEFS
WEEK 14- AT JAGUARS
WEEK 15- VS TITANS
WEEK 16- AT CARDINALS
WEEK 17- AT DOLPHINS

DEPTH CHART COMING UP NEXT

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 05:32 AM   #6
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

William- Well after evaluating the preseason games and the training camps I have decided to go with this as my depth chart.

QB
Jamarcus Russell-77
Stephen Benson-56

RB
Darren McFadden-85
Justin Fargas-79
Michael Bush-73

FB
Oren O'Neal-72

WR
Darrius Heyward-Bey-82
Carlos Bell-81
Louis Murphy-78
Tyrone Cole-77
Javon Walker-73
Johnnie Lee Higgins-73

TE
Zach Miller-87
Leonard Pope-74

LT
Mario Henderson-81
Khalif Barnes-80
Cooper Carlisle-75

LG
Cooper Carlisle-79
John Wade-82
Khalif Barnes-81

C
Samson Satele-83
John Wade-80
Khalif Barnes-79

RG
Peter Boma-85
Khalif Barnes-81
Cooper Carlisle-77

RT
Garrett Thompson-84
Khalif Barnes-78
Kevin Boothe-69

LE
Jay Richardson-70
Trevor Scott-68
Jarrett Hagerup-66

RE

Bryant Hasis-68
Jarrett Hagerup-66
Trevor Scott-66

DT

Tommy Kelly-80
Barry Cofield-72
Gerard Warren-68
Terdell Sands-65

LOLB

Austin Swope-79
Scott Fujita-68
Brandon Chillar-65

MLB

Kirk Morrison-88
John Digiorgio-71
Scott Fujita-69
Brandon Chillar-64

ROLB

Thomas Howard-86
Scott Fujita-68
Brandon Chillar-65

CB

Nnambi Asomugha-99
Chris Johnson-80
Leight Bodden-76
Josh Bell-65
Tyvon Branch-64

FS

Danieal Manning-69
Michael Huff-69
Michael Mitchell-71

SS

Michael Mitchell-73
Michael Huff-72
Leigh Bodden-73

K

Garrett Hartley-76
Shane Lechler-80

P

Shane Lechler-98
Garrett Hartley-45

KR

Tyrone Cole
Johnnie Lee Higgins

PR

Tyrone Cole
Johnnie Lee Higgins

KOS

Shane Lechler
Garrett Hartley

LS

Samson Satele
John Wade

3DRB

Darren McFadden
Justin Fargas
Michael Bush

*I will try to do a preview of the Chargers game Saturday*

Last edited by billyboy316; 08-15-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Nice start dude defently following but i see you need help at DE and FS; consider trading one of your RB and WR; me being a Bengals fan would love to see Michael Bush in stripes... DE Michael Johnson would be a nice addition to your D i think so consider him if you like trading...

Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnort3
Nice start dude defently following but i see you need help at DE and FS; consider trading one of your RB and WR; me being a Bengals fan would love to see Michael Bush in stripes... DE Michael Johnson would be a nice addition to your D i think so consider him if you like trading...
Thank you. I was thinking about trading for some help but I really want to try and just build through the draft. I am currently scouting a lot of DEs, DTs, FSs and SSs. Hopefully I can find some nice talent in the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »