Home

Aaron Cade: Bigger, Stronger, Faster

This is a discussion on Aaron Cade: Bigger, Stronger, Faster within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Aaron Cade: Bigger, Stronger, Faster

OOC: Most of you have followed my Connor Davies road to glory, and know the drill, but for the rest of you here is how this works. I will run this thread like a blog, and a twitter account. After this post, I will only post in character to any posts/questions/comments you make. I hope this one lasts longer then the first preseason game in the NFL, but we'll have to see. The Goal = Hall of Fame.

Career Stats @ Notre Dame
Catches |
Yards | 128
Yards Per Catch | 14.2
Yards After Catch | 38
Touchdowns | 0
Drops | 1
Tackles | 0
Rushes | 1
Rushing Yards | 2

Ratings
90 Overall
99 Speed
88 Catching
68 Catch in Traffic
80 Route Running
62 Awareness

States? October 20, 2008 by Aircade17

I've never been too big on the blog thing, but I've decided to keep one during my recruiting process, and it will also run along side a potential feature series on ESPN.com called Road to Glory hosted by Erin Andrews. I'm one of the finalists, and really hope to get it.

Where to start? I'm from Cedar Falls, Iowa. A sleepy farming community in rural Iowa, obviously. I've been a life long Hawkeyes fan, but feel that it's best for me to be going out of state. I love Iowa football, but as a 6'5 wide receiver, I feel like I need to go to a different program to have as much of an impact as possible.

I won't lie. I'm damn good. I'm a man among boys here in high school, and it's hard for them to cover me. That's fine, these four years have just been a warm up for college, which is just a stop for me until I make it to the NFL. College is just a big highlight reel for me to show off my stuff to the Pro Scouts.

I'm cocky, kill me. The state playoffs begin this weekend, and we get the unfortunate displeasure of travelling to Pella, Iowa. If you haven't been there, thank god. It's worse then Cedar Falls, which is a pretty terrible place in general. I hate rural life, and can't wait to get to the big city.

I guess you know a bit about me now, and I hope you all keep following me. Keep an eye on the headlines.

-Peace

Last edited by jayenomics; 08-24-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Aaron Cade: Bigger, Stronger, Faster

Yawn October 26, 2008 Posted at 11:42 am by Aircade17

Pella was barely worth the trip. The first play of the game Oggie hit me on a 71 yard streak for the score. No one could even keep up with me. Look I know I'm fast, but I don't think I'm THAT fast, guess I am. Hell it wasn't even just me, Oggie had a great game against those Corn Farmers, and we just blew them out at home. That's embarrassing. To lose so badly at home, when you're supposed to be a decent team? Hah!

Something I noticed though, I really don't get the ball enough. I know I'm the best player on the field, yet only 10-20% of the plays go my way? That's not the greatest coaching ever, but I'm thankful to have been a starter here since I was a freshman. I never had to play JV or Freshman football, but that's probably because I was 6'0 as a freshman.

Cedar Falls 66
Pella 14

9 Receptions
278 Yards
5 Touchdowns

Only 9 catches, I know what you're saying. 5 for touchdowns, okay I know what you're thinking. Damn this kid is great, I hope he comes to my school. Who knows? I found my Rivals/ESPN profile. Dope.

Aaron Cade 6'5 219 LBS Wide Receiver Cedar Falls, IA
#1 Ranked Wide Receiver
#2 Ranked Player

Schools Interested
Nebraska
Illinois
Michigan
Air Force
Temple
Louisville

I'm the number one receiver, yet no big time program is interested in me besides Michigan? That crap won't do. I suppose I'll just have to go and have an even bigger game next week against Marshalltown at home.

-Peace

Old 08-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
Banned

Two Down November 4, 2008 Posted at 8:40 am by Aircade17

i'd actually never heard of Marshalltown before going into this game. That either doesn't say much for my knowledge of rural Iowa, or say much for their second-rate football program. I'll go with number two on that one.

Oggie started off terribly, missing me open once, then under throwing me in a ball that was picked off. It was pretty frustrating to start off so slowly, but we finally got going late in the first when he hit me in stride for an 80 yard touchdown. I think a lot of the balls we hook up on would be incomplete if I wasn't so fast.

I hope as we continue on we finally get a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I love beating up on people, but it wouldn't hurt too much to actually play someone who could keep a game within three touchdowns.

Cedar Falls 43
Marshalltown 7

9 Receptions
1 Drop
219 Yards
4 Touchdowns

Nine catches again. I think it's a trend. I know my yards and touchdowns went down, but I picked up a bunch of short first downs. Gotta keep those chains movin so I can stay on the field.

#1 Ranked Wide Receiver
#2 Ranked Player

Schools Interested
Nebraska
Illinois
Michigan
Air Force
Temple
Louisville
Cal
Alabama
Notre Dama
Indiana
Northern Illinois

A little bit more in the way of interest after that game I see. Where is USC? Where is Florida? where is Texas? These are the schools I'm interested in. I hope someone tells them.

-Peace

Old 08-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
Banned

Off to the Finals November 11, 2008 Posted at 12:15 pm by Aircade17

Oelwein is a perennial power in Iowa, so needless to say we were all excited to play them at home. It was pretty hilarious to see them arrive on their big luxury buses. Who the hell are they kidding? They're town is smaller than ours, and if blink while driving through it you'd miss it.

We didn't find the challenge we were looking for, and we absolutely demolished Oelwein in the process. They had no answer for anything we did on offense, and I guess the defense did pretty well too, considering they gave up nothing.

Cedar Falls 43
Oelwein 0

13 Receptions
2 Drops
309 Yards
2 Touchdowns

13 catches felt about right. A lot of short balls, you can see that by the fact I didn't get into the end zone as much as I usually do. I had a lot of yards, but 125 came on two plays. We did a lot of short plays to play keep away from their supposed mega offense. Laugh.

#1 Ranked Wide Receiver
#2 Ranked Player

Schools Interested
Nebraska
Illinois
Michigan
Air Force
Temple
Louisville
Cal
Alabama
Notre Dame
Indiana
Northern Illinois
Utah
Iowa State
Texas
Kansas
Florida
Western Michigan

Now that's more like it. I guess someone sent those schools a link to my blog or something. I don't know where I'm going yet, but I'm enjoying the process.

-Peace

Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Banned

State Champs November 18, 2008 Posted at 12:11 pm by Aircade17

The two top scoring teams in the state of Iowa made it to the state finals, shock. Keokuk has been taking care of business on their side of the state, while we've been making quick work of our side.

Something had to give in the finals. It was obviously my first time ever playing in an actual college stadium, and it was actually at least three quarters full. Playing in front of so many people is definitely for me. This is what I want from my life, being a star on the big stage.

Keokuk apparently has the best corner in the state. Nick Gibson. I'm not afraid of this guy, and I set out from the beginning of the game to prove just how much better I am then he is. In fact, both their corners made all-state this year, but that doesn't mean much to me. The first time we met, the ball was thrown a bit high and I went up to bring it down. He took a shot at my knees, and I had to drop the ball to brace myself for the fall or else I would have broken something.

The second time we met I faked him to the inside and beat him on a fade for 20 yards. It wasn't much of a challenge after that. They weren't as good as advertised, and I hope to finally get some decent competition in college.

Cedar Falls 49
Keokuk 13

13 Receptions
Drop
188 Yards
1 Tackle
3 Touchdowns

Another 13 catch game. I just get open more then a lot of guys. I know it won't be the same in college, but I do expect to get 6-7 balls thrown my way a game even up there.

#1 Ranked Wide Receiver
#2 Ranked Player

Schools Interested
Nebraska
Illinois
Michigan
Air Force
Temple
Louisville
Cal
Alabama
Notre Dame
Indiana
Northern Illinois
Utah
Iowa State
Texas
Kansas
Florida
Western Michigan
Oklahoma
Boise State

Now it's my turn. I have to sit back and figure out where I want to spend the next 2-4 years of my life. Who I want to associate with, and where I think will give me the best chance to be a top pick in the NFL draft.

-Peace

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
Banned

Signing Day December 20, 2008 Posted at 2:05 pm by Aircade17

I know where I'm going. I've decided that Notre Dame was the place for me. USC plays in a weak PAC-10, Florida is a school I despise, and Oklahoma just wasn't it for me. I knew once Charlie Weis came to me and described where I fit in at Notre Dame that it was the place for me. I can't wait to get on the field and be part of the history that is Fighting Irish football.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
Banned

Bottom of the Depth Chart June 23, 2009 Posted at 10:00 pm by Aircade17

It's weird to be at the bottom of the depth chart. I know I'm the new guy here, but I've never had to earn a starting role before. As of today I'm sixth on the depth chart. I'll barely even get on the field at this rate. Maybe I'll return kicks or whatever, but I'm starting to realize something.

I have to work harder than everyone else to be the number one guy. I guarantee you by the time the Nevada game comes up I'll be getting some real playing time. That's a guarandamntee
Old 08-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Banned

aircade6 7.15.09 posted at 11:25pm

Slot receiver. Passed four other guys to be the number three. not giving it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »