Home

Sullen Star: Restoring the Luster [Madden 10]

This is a discussion on Sullen Star: Restoring the Luster [Madden 10] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Week 2 v New York

1-0 v 0-1

7-7-3-11-0-28
7-0-7-14-3-31

Key Injuries
NYG |
None
DAL |
None

After exchanging opening drive touchdowns, the game between two top NFC rivals really began to heat up in the sweltering Texas heat. With game time temperatures of 96 degrees, fatigue and strains are common, add big hits and mutual contempt for each other and a blood bath would ensue.

After forcing a Marion Barber fumble, the Giants began to drive for the tying touchdown in the second quarter, until Ken Hamlin laid a hit on Ahmad Bradshaw at the Cowboy five yard line. Although by the sideline, the ball took a Cowboy bounce right into the hands of Keith Brooking, who quickly secured the turnover for the Boys.

Marion Barber went down late in the second quarter with back spasms, but Barber would miss just a series. After the early scoring, both defenses settled in, exchanging big plays, and quick three and outs. Neither offense was particularly impressive after the first quarter.

Brandon Jacobs was nearly unstoppable for the Giants in the first half, carrying the ball 75 yards on 15 carries and scoring the lone touchdown of the half for the Giants. On the other side the Giant defense held the Cowboy rushing attack in check, allowing a total 54 yards on 16 carries.

If the first half was dominated by the Giants rush attack, their first drive of the second half was dominated by the aerial attack, punctuated by a 10 yard pass from Eli Manning to Kevin Boss. The pass was Manning's 100th career touchdown pass.

Barber would leave the game for a second time on his first touch of the second half, a 10 yard completion. Barber left with an abdominal strain and would not return, putting the load on second year running back Felix Jones' shoulders.

The Giants were in catch up mode all night, until Aaron Ross picked off a Tony Romo pass at the Dallas 31 yard line. It would take just four plays for Brendan Jacobs to punch it in from four yards out to give New York their first lead of the game with 4:16 to play. Ross would add to it on the next Cowboy drive, picking off Romo and taking it back 78 yards for the score, and a 28-20 lead with :53 seconds remaining.

The Cowboys wouldn't need all :53 seconds, as Tony Romo connected with Jason Witten for a 30 yard touchdown with 7 seconds remaining, then Romo would find Witten again for the two point conversion to force overtime.

That would be it for the dramatics, as the Giants would win the coin flip and methodically take the ball down the field to get in range for Lawrence Tynes. After a 16 yard run on third and 8 from the 26 Tynes would easily boot in a 27 yard field goal to take the victory for the Giants.

STATISTICS
Tony Romo
25-48 314 Yards 3 Touchdowns 2 Interceptions
Eli Manning 14-34 208 Yards 1 Touchdown

Brandon Jacobs 29 Carries 145 Yards 2 Touchdowns
Marion Barber 13 Carries 41 Yards

Jason Witten 6 Catches 132 Yards 2 Touchdowns
Roy Williams 6 Catches 79 Yards
Steve Smith 3 Catches 49 Yards
Kevin Boss 3 Catches 44 Yards

Ken Hamlin 8 Tackles 1 Forced Fumble
Aaron Ross 4 Tackles 2 Interceptions 1 Touchdown

FIRST QUARTER
TD DAL
Crayton, 7 Yard Pass from Romo 7-0 DAL
TD NYG
Jacobs 4 Yard Run 7-7
SECOND QUARTER
TD DAL
Witten, 15 Yard Pass from Romo 14-7 DAL
THIRD QUARTER
TD NYG
Boss, 10 Yard Pass from Manning 14-14
FG DAL
Buehler, 23 Yards 17-14 DAL
FOURTH QUARTER
FG DAL
Buehler, 48 Yards 20-14 DAL
TD NYG
Jacobs 4 Yard Run 21-20 NYG
TD NYG
Ross 78 Yard Interception Return 28-20 NYG
TD DAL
Witten, 30 Yard Pass from Romo(2PT Good) 28-28
Old 08-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Sullen Star: Restoring the Luster [Madden 10]

tough overtime loss
Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #19
Banned

Yeah, it should never have happened. The pick I threw (the first one) to Aaron Ross was just a stupid pass. The second one he picked I just read the defense wrong. It was a tough loss, but it was great.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #20
Banned

Cowboys Acquire Chris Simms from Denver for Kitna
Jon Kitna, the consummate bride's maid was sent packing from Dallas before his career in the Big D could get much road behind it. Just two games into his first season as backup quarterback to Tony Romo, Kitna was sent to Denver.

In exchange for Kitna and the Cowboys 3rd round pick in next year's draft, the Cowboys receive Chris Simms and the Broncos 4th round pick. Simms is a lefty with a big arm, who was barely beat out by Kyle Orton, and had complained about being a backup in Denver.

"I welcome the change in scenery. I know my place with the Cowboys, and I hope to be ready whenever I'm needed." said Simms.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #21
Banned

Week 3 v Carolina

1-1 v 0-2

7-7-0-7-21
0-14-7-17-38
Key Injuries
CAR |
MLB Jon Beason
DAL |
None

Panthers Ride Turnovers to Victory

The Panthers came into town with an 0-2 record, looking down-right bland in the first two weeks in the season, while the Cowboys come in at 1-1, with a tough overtime loss to the Giants on Sunday Night Football last week.

Boasting the 29th ranked offense in the league, the Panthers came to Dallas looking to notch their first win of the season against a middle of the pack Cowboy defense that has at times looked killer, and other times weak.

Out of the shoot the Cowboys looked tough, forcing a quick punt by the Panthers. Dallas would take over at their own 25 and methodically march the ball down the field, capping the 10 play drive with a 23 yard pass from Tony Romo to Jason Witten.

After an exchange of punts, the Panthers finally got on the board as Jake Delhomme found Steve Smith down the field. Smith broke through double coverage to slip open and take it 85 yards to the house.

Smith and Witten would exchange a pair of touchdown catches later in the first half, as both were found for four yard touchdown receptions. Both teams had scoring chances in the third quarter, but turnovers and a missed field goal by Jon Kasay left the only scoring to the Carolina secondary.

As the game progress the Carolina run game got itself going, seeing Deangelo Williams run for two long touchdowns in the fourth quarter to put the game out of reach for the Cowboys, who are now 1-2 after starting 1-0.

Romo was unimpressive again, throwing three interceptions in the game, adding to his league high 4 coming in. Slot receiver Patrick Crayton, who was having a huge game was knocked out with what is being called a Herniated Disk. It is unclear how long Crayton will be missed.

STATISTICS
Tony Romo
21-36 301 Yards 3 Touchdowns 3 Interceptions
Jake Delhomme 11-20 217 Yards 2 Touchdowns 1 Interception

Deangelo Williams 24 Carries 173 Yards 3 Total Touchdowns
Marion Barber 21 Carries 57 Yards

Patrick Crayton 7 Catches 122 Yards
Jason Witten 5 Catches 80 Yards 2 Touchdowns
Steve Smith 4 Catches 127 Yards 2 Touchdowns
Mushin Muhammad 2 Catches 33 Yards

Damione Lewis 7 Tackles 1 Tackle for Loss
Charles Godfrey 5 Tackles 2 Interceptions 1 Touchdown
Bradie James 6.5 Tackles 2 Tackles for Loss
Gerald Sensabaugh 3 Tackles 1 Interception

FIRST QUARTER
TD DAL
Witten, 23 Yard Pass from Romo 7-0 DAL
SECOND QUARTER
TD CAR
Smith, 85 Yard Pass from Delhomme 7-7
TD CAR
Smith, 4 Yard Pass from Delhomme 14-7 CAR
TD DAL
Witten, 4 Yard Pass from Romo 14-14
THIRD QUARTER
TD CAR
Godfrey, 76 Yard Interception Return 21-14 CAR
FOURTH QUARTER
FG CAR
Kasay, 39 Yards 24-14 CAR
TD CAR
Williams 21 Yard Run 31-14 CAR
TD DAL
Barber, 9 Yard Pass from Romo 31-21 CAR
TD CAR
Williams 47 Yard Run 38-21 CAR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #22
Banned

Week 4 @ Denver

1-2 @ 2-1

14-0-7-10-31
0-6-0-14-20
Key Injuries
DEN | LE
Ryan McBean
DAL |
WR
Patrick Crayton

It's hard to say a game this early in the season is a game featuring teams going in opposite directions, but after starting 1-0 the Cowboys have lost two straight, while after losing their opener the Broncos have won two straight.

Jason Witten comes in leading the league in touchdowns with 5, and has clearly been the favorite target of Tony Romo, who has found him 18 times for 336 yards. That connection would hook up early as usual for Dallas.

After forcing a punt, the Dallas offense went to work, scoring on a 2 yard pass from Romo to fullback Dion Anderson. On the next Denver drive Eddie Royal would be hit by Bradie James and fumble. It was recovered by Ken Hamlin, and 5 plays later Romo would find Witten for a 9 yard strike and a 14-0 first quarter lead.

Denver came out passing, in fact they did not run the ball at all in the first quarter. Orton was hot early, completing 7 of 10 for 74 yards in the first quarter. It looked as if Denver would finally get on the board, by Orton was picked off by Terrance Newman in the end zone to kill their first scoring chance.

Denver would finally get on the board with a pair of field goals late in the first half as Dallas was unable to move the ball effectively towards the end of the half. Denver was dominating the yardage at half, but Dallas led 14-6 going into the second half.

The wind at mile high was whipping, with recorded gusts of up to 17 miles per hour. This wasn't lost on the Cowboys, as Tony Romo and the Boys offense dominated the Bronco defense with the wind at their backs, but struggled to move the ball with the wind in their face.

On the other side, Denver seemed to move the ball at will, but had trouble finishing drives, settling for field goals on drives that started promisingly. Just when it looked like Denver would make a run at the lead, Eddie Royal fumbled a punt after being leveled by Deangelo Smith. Orlando Scandrick would scoop it up and take it in 46 yards untouched for a 18 point lead.

Tony Romo looked comfortable for the first time all season, not turning the ball over for the first time all year. Romo was calm and poised in the pocket, at times picking a part the Denver secondary en route to throwing three touchdowns.

On the final play of the game, Tashard Choice would fumble as he was hit after the hand off. Brian Dawkins would scoop it up and take it back 64 yards to make the score appear closer then the game really was.

STATISTICS
Kyle Orton 21-35 285 Yards 1 Interception
Tony Romo 14-26 162 Yards 3 Touchdowns

Marion Barber 27 Carries 65 Yards
Knowshon Moreno 13 Carries 76 Yards 1 Touchdown

Brandon Marshall 4 Catches 108 Yards
Eddie Royal 5 Catches 60 Yards
Miles Austin 2 Catches 68 Yards 1 Touchdown
Jason Witten 5 Catches 26 Yards 1 Touchdown

D.J Williams 10 Tackles 2 Tackles for Loss
Ken Hamlin 9 Tackles 1 Forced Fumble

FIRST QUARTER
TD DAL
Anderson, 2 Yard Pass from Romo 7-0 DAL
TD DAL
Witten, 9 Yard Pass from Romo 14-0 DAL
SECOND QUARTER
FG DEN
Prater, 36 Yards 14-3 DAL
FG DEN
Prater, 25 Yards 14-6 DAL
THIRD QUARTER
TD DAL
Austin, 54 Yard Pass from Romo 21-6 DAL
FOURTH QUARTER
FG DAL
Buehler, 33 Yards 24-6 DAL
TD DEN
Moreno 23 Yard Run 24-13 DAL
TD DAL
Scandrick, 46 Yard Fumble Return 31-13 DAL
TD DEN
Dawkins, 64 Yard Fumble Return 31-20 DAL
Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
Banned

I was thinking about making this into a dynachise. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically running a college football dynasty along side this one. Since I'm to the end of september I'd obviously have to catch up, but I think it could be fun using the draft classes from my college dynasty for my franchise in madden and reporting on both of them.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
I was thinking about making this into a dynachise. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically running a college football dynasty along side this one. Since I'm to the end of september I'd obviously have to catch up, but I think it could be fun using the draft classes from my college dynasty for my franchise in madden and reporting on both of them.
that sounds good

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »