Home

Bark for Sark - Washington Huskies Dynasty

This is a discussion on Bark for Sark - Washington Huskies Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2
Bark for Sark - Washington Huskies Dynasty

I am starting a new dynasty with the Washington Huskies. I will be playing with seven (7) minute quarters, Heisman difficulty and my own tweaked sliders.

I am using DK's roster set with the exception of my own ratings boosts. Those are as follows:

Upgraded Jake Locker to a 92 overall
Upgraded James Johnson to an 85 overall
Upgraded Mason Foster to an 88 overall
Upgraded Chris Polk to an 86 overall
Upgraded E.J. Savannah to an 88 overall

Other than that, the rosters have been untouched. Most of the above ratings were only raised by three (3) overall points at the most. Team rating is still a B.

As far as recruiting, I am creating the real recruits that the Huskies have signed. Those recruits include:

COMMITTED/UNSIGNED Pos Stars Ht Wt 40 RR Video Enrolled Hometown
DiAndre CampbellWR6-21754.5-
Oakland, CA
Deontae CooperRB6-02054.475.8
Perris, CA
Melvin DavisRB6-22354.555.6
Harbor City, CA
Zach FogersonRB6-0225-5.6
Seattle, WA
Princeton FuimaonoLB6-11904.65.5
Long Beach, CA
Michael HartvigsonTE6-6240-5.7
Bothell, WA
Jamaal KearseWR6-21974.65.7
Lakewood, WA
Erik KohlerOL6-4264-5.8
Westlake Village, CA
Keanon LoweATH5-101704.45.8
Portland, OR
Alejandro MaldonadoK5-11190-5.2
Colton, CA
Nick MontanaQB6-21774.655.8
Westlake Village, CA
Colin PorterOL6-4313-5.6
Bothell, WA
Sione PotoaeDT6-32854.95.8
Lakewood, WA
Ben RivaOL6-728555.7
Seattle, WA
John TimuATH6-01894.55.6
Long Beach, CA
Darius WatersLB6-22154.645.6
Lakewood , WA
Brent WilliamsDE6-32034.75.6
Woodland Hills, CA
Chris YoungDB6-1220-5.7
Auburn , WA

Now obviously, I won't be able to sign all of these guys, but the ones I don't sign will be considered as decommits. I should be able to sign a good grip of them, as I have had success in years past and Washington gets pretty good grades on most of the recruiting pitches.

I also intend to create some other Rivals 100 guys and again, many of them will not end up with the program that they sign with in real life, but at least it will add some realism into the game and they'll be a part of the future years of my dynasty.

Stay tuned, as I'll be updating this thread fairly routinely over the course of my dynasty!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Bark for Sark - Washington Huskies Dynasty

After watching Washington upset USC, I wanted to start a dynasty with them.

I will be a proud follower of this thread!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:26 AM   #3
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

I would follow, but I'm a WSU fan
Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Locker's Arena

Quick update...

So I have started my dynasty with the Dawgs. I have created all the committed prospects on their list in real life and am recruiting them all. I created Montana and he already had UW as his #4 school...

I am getting ready to play my first game against LSU right now and a game update/review should be up in a few hours possibly, but it might have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Locker's Arena

Huskies claw back, but lose to Tigers
Locker has amazing day, but LSU just too strong

The Steve Sarkisian era has officially begun.

The Huskies opened the 2009 college football season and immediately showed that things will be different under their new Head Coach, Steve Sarkisian.

The return of Jake Locker provided plenty of fireworks last night in Husky Stadium, but in the end, the Tigers of LSU were simply too much for a program that is looking to return to college football's elite, beating the Huskies 38-34 in front of a packed crowd.

LSU opened the game with a 10 play, 86-yard drive that was capped off by a Jordan Jefferson rush that found pay dirt from 12 yards out. On the ensuing drive, the Huskies managed to piece together a 13 play drive of their own that ended with a 44-yard field goal from Sophomore kicker Erik Folk.
The game stayed close throughout the first half, with LSU taking a 20-17 lead into the locker room.

"We did some good things in the first half," said Coach Sarkisian. "But you better believe I won't be kind in that locker room. We had opportunities to take control of this game but penalties and lack of discipline from our offensive line stalled a couple key drives that ended up in LSU getting the ball back."

Sarkisian was speaking of the six false start penalties committed by the young and inexperienced Husky offensive line. There was a big pass interference call on Mason Foster on a third and long that zipped momentum away from the Dawgs right before the half.

After returning the second half kickoff 28 yards, Sophomore speedster Jordan Polk would look to provide more fireworks. On a first down play, Sarkisian called for a WR reverse that had Polk in motion from the slot. Locker hiked the ball and threw a shovel pass to Polk who raced 70 yards for a Washington touchdown.

"Greatest feeling of my life," said Polk.

The Husky defense, however, would continue to give up big plays to Jordan Jefferson and Terrence Toliver. Toliver finished the night with eight receptions for 155 yards and two touchdowns, but the play of the night came on an 88-yard bomb down the right sideline where Toliver showed an amazing balancing act while leaving true Freshman Desmond Trufant in the dust. At this point, the Tigers regained the lead and never looked back.

The game was closer than the score would indicate.

"Yeah, it was only a four point game in the end," said Locker, the Junior quarterback. "Everything was tooth and nail. Both teams earned everything out there today. I am exhausted, disappointed, but amazingly proud at the same time. We had guys step up today that just cemented themselves as a big part of this program and what we're trying to do here. This loss does hurt, but we can build on it."

Locker finished the game 30-54, 344 yards, 3 TD's and 2 costly interceptions (both were tipped at the line of scrimmage). He also rushed the ball nine times for 38 yards and scored a rushing touchdown. It was a performance that could left you both speechless for his abilities but in wonder of what this kid could do at a school with talent all around him.

Chris Polk, the redshirt Freshman from Redlands, California, got his first taste of college football and responded well with 15 carries for 70 yards.

The defense was stout at times but completely flimsy during other times. Washington gave up 474 yards of total offense to the Tigers. No turnovers were forced by the Huskies and the could not seem to stop the big play.

"It's frustating. We work hard. We believe in each other. We still do. LSU is a talented football team but we did not execute our defensive gameplan one bit," said Junior linebacker Mason Foster. "Expect things to get a whole lot better over the next couple of weeks."

The Huskies play Idaho in Seattle this Saturday.

Stats:

Passing Leaders
Washington -- Locker, 30-54, 344 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 4 sacks
LSU -- Jefferson -- 22-31, 299 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack

Rushing Leaders
Washington -- Polk, 15-70-0, Locker, 9-38-1, Fogerson, 2-10, J. Polk, 1-70-1
LSU -- Scott, 22-100-0, Williams, 9-91-0, Jefferson, 10-30-1

Receiving
Washington -- James Johnson, 7-88-1, Kearse, 6-49-2, C. Polk, 4-42, Fogerson, 3-39, Middleton, 5-42, J. Polk, 3-29
LSU -- Toliver, 8-155-2, Lafell, 4-82-1, Dixon, 6-72-1

Defensive
Washington -- Mason Foster, 11 TKL (TFL), Donald Butler, 9 TKL, E.J. Savannah, 7 TKL, Desmond Trufant, 5 TKL, Nate Williams, 5 TKL
LSU -- no stats reported
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

You have to beat USC now...
Old 09-26-2009, 03:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Locker's Arena

Huskies erase losing streak, crush Idaho 48-10

It was a long time coming, but the Washington Huskies ended their 15-game losing streak by beating the Idaho Vandals (1-1) 48-10 at Husky Stadium tonight.

"It's nice to get the win," said quarterback Jake Locker. "We got a lot of work to do still."

Washington (1-1) ran the ball extremely well against the Vandals, pounding out 244 yards on the ground. Redshirt Freshman Chris Polk led the ground attack with 18 carries for 103 yards and a TD. Locker ran the ball 11 times for 67 yards and a TD, while Johri Fogerson rushed 9 times for 74 yards.

Locker also looked sharp passing the ball, completing 15 of 19 passes for 212 yards and 2 TD's. His main target again was true Freshman James Johnson, who hauled in five passes for 82 yards and a TD. Jermaine Kearse had 4 receptions for 76 yards.

The Huskies did not turn the ball over, while forcing 3 Idaho turnovers.

The Huskies' defense kept the Vandals in check for the whole game, only allowing 200 yards of total offense. The Vandals lone touchdown came on a 67-yard punt return.

Mason Foster and Donald Butler led the defense with 8 tackles a piece. Quinton Richardson and Desmond Trufant both had their first interceptions of the year.

"We can celebrate this one for a night," said Coach Steve Sarkisian. "But not long. We got USC at home this Saturday and we have so much to get done in preparation for them."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »