Home

Against All Odds: Denver Broncos Franchise (M10)

This is a discussion on Against All Odds: Denver Broncos Franchise (M10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #9
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Against All Odds: Denver Broncos Franchise (M10)

3-0 Raiders destroy disastrous Broncos

Raiders- 38
Broncos- 14

OAKLAND, CA- The Oakland Raiders are now 3-0. No, that is not a typo. JaMarcus Russel has really pulled himself together as her threw 4 TD passes toady with the help of some shoddy Broncos tackling. The Broncos started the game off well with a 7-0 lead, but the running game struggled mightily and Kyle Orton was forced to throw the ball under pressure. Orton had an awful day, turning the ball over 4 times with 3 INT's. Orton was benched entering the 4th quarter in favor of Chris Simms, who also struggled. The Broncos D completely failed, but it was unknown wether it was from Russel's fantastic play, or Denver's awful play.

"What can you say? They were a different team, they played their hearts out, something we didn't prepare for." Said coach McDaniels during the post-game press confrence. McDaniels had no comment on a possible QB change, saying. "There's no deciesion yet, we have to wait and see."

"We just couldn't get the running game going, and I threw some bad passes, this game's all on me." Said QB Kyle Orton regardig his 3 INT day. Meanwhile, star WR Brandon Marshall was shut down by Raiders CB Nmandi Asumougha catching 0 balls throughout the game. "I need to get the ball, if they can't get it to me, I want out." Said the WR.

All in all a pretty depressing night for Broncos fans as they watch the Raiders take first place in the AFC West, and fall to 1-2.

Stats-

Passing-
K. Orton- 24/38, 189 YRDS, 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 FUM
J. Russell- 10-19, 312 YRDS, 4 TD
C. Simms- 4/13, 39 YRDS, 1 INT

Rushing-
K. Moreno- 13 ATT, 36 YRDS, 1 TD, 1 FUM
J. Fargas- 25 ATT, 108 YRDS
C. Buckhalter- 13 ATT, 29 YRDS

Recieving-
J. Gaffney- 8 REC, 88 YRDS, 1 TD
K. Moreno- 11 REC, 62 YRDS
Z. Miller- 2 REC, 92 YRDS, 2 TD

Player of the Game-
JaMarcus Russell- 10-19, 312 YRDS, 4 TD

Old 11-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

Around The NFL: Week 3

JaMarcus Russell, not a bust?:

That's right, there's a possibility that JaMarcus Russell may not be the bust we all pegged him as. Russell has currently led the Oakland Raiders to a 3-0 record with a 109.0 passer rating, with 5 TD's and 1 INT. It looks like he has pulled himself together to finally become the leader he was drafted as.

Alex Smith, also not a bust?
:

It looks like Alex Smith has gone down the same path as Russell, as the Bay Area QB's teams are both 3-0. Smith has posted a 94.5 passer rating with 4 TD;s and 2 INT's and is now in first place in the NFC West. Is this some sort of bizzaro year with thee QB's having a resurgance? We'll see if they can keep it up.

Jay Cutler now 0-3 with Bears:

Bears fans are going absolutely nuts in Chicago as their new "franchise" QB has lead them to an 0-3 start after their loss to the Seneca Wallace lead Seahawks. The Bears lost 20-17 as Cutler threw yet another pick in the loss. How long is it until the fans demand a QB change? We'll find out.

Arizona Cardinals are 0-3:

Like most defending Super Bowl losers the Arizona Cardinals are struggiling to get anything done. Now 0-3, it looks like maybe Kurt Warner should have packed it up and left the game after last years Super Bowl loss. But instead he is playing this year and has thrown 6 picks through 3 games. Could this mean we could see Leinart at QB anytime soon? Who knows.

Standings-

AFC West:
Raiders- 3-0
Chargers- 2-1
Broncos- 1-2
Chiefs- 0-3

AFC North
Steelers- 3-0
Bengals- 2-1
Ravens- 2-1
Browns- 0-3

AFC East
Patriots- 2-1
Bills- 2-1
Dolphins 0-3
Jets- 0-3

AFC South
Colts- 3-0
Texans- 3-0
Titans- 3-2
Jaguars- 1-3

NFC West
49ers- 3-0
Seahawks- 2-1
Rams- 0-3
Cardinals- 0-3

NFC North
Packers- 2-1
Lions- 1-2
Vikings- 1-2
Bears- 0-3

NFC East
Redskins- 3-0
Giants- 2-1
Cowboys- 2-1
Eagles- 2-1

NFC South
Falcons- 3-0
Saints- 2-1
Buccaneers- 0-3
Panthers- 0-3

Last edited by Mr. Franchise; 11-30-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

Denver Broncos Week 4 News

Kyle Orton to start week 4 Vs. Cowboys-

After much speculation over the past week, coach Josh McDaniels has announced that Kyle Orton will remain the starting QB for the time being. Orton has thrown 8 INT's over his first 3 games, for a passer rating in the 60's, but with no real back-up ready to go, the team will stick with Orton.

"We're 1-2, ya' know? It's not that bad, Kyle just needs to find his groove and we'll be back on track. We can't panic just yet." Said McDaniels. With the Jay Cutler trade looking to have not worked out for either teams just yet, we'll need some more time to see who wins out in this one.

The Broncos play the 2-1 Cowboys next week in Denver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

Broncos get annihilated by the Cowboys

Cowboys- 49
Broncos- 17

DENVER, CO- The Broncos defense has been one of the worst in the league, and once again they proved themselves as the Broncos gave up 49 points to the now 3-1 Cowboys. This game was a total disaster as terrible coverage let the Cowboys go up 21-7 early in the game, once again forcing Kyle Orton to throw the ball. Orton threw 3 more INT's with 0 TD's bringing his interception total to 11. Orton's performance has been totally unacceptable and there is no way he can stay he starter.

"I don't know what to say. It was a pitiful performance by me. I'm disgusted." Said Orton who had one of his picks go for a touchdown. "I'm sick of losing, and the team knows that I'm unhappy." Said Brandon Marhsall, who has been the speculation of many trade rumors lately, and also had 8 receptions.

"We need to improve our defense, we can't win when we're always behind, and giving up 400+ yards a game. Completely unacceptable. Changes will be made." Said coach McDaniels over the loss. All is not well in Broncoland as they now fall to 1-3.

Stats-

Passing-
K. Orton- 24/45, 246 YRDS, 3 INT
T. Romo- 24/45, 267 YRDS, 2 TD, 1 INT

Rushing-
K. Moreno- 12 ATT, 30 YRDS
M. Barber- 25 ATT, 115 YRDS, 2 TD
F. Jones- 15 ATT, 51 YRDS, 1 TD
L. Jordan- 1 ATT, 2 YRDS, 1 TD

Recieving-
J. Gaffney- 6 REC, 45 YRDS
B. Marshall- 8 REC, 64 YRDS
M. Austin- 6 REC, 124 YRDS, 1 TD
J. Witten- 3 REC, 34 YRDS, 1 TD
K. Moreno- 2 REC, 70 YRDS

Player of the Game-
Marion Barber- 25 ATT, 115 YRDS, 2 TD

Last edited by Mr. Franchise; 11-29-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #13
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

Around The NFL: Week 4

Oakland Raiders still undefeated:

After a huge win over the undefeated Houston Texans, the Oakland Raiders are now 4-0. Under the leadership of JaMarcus Russell, who threw 2 TD passes, and was only picked off once. The Raiders now look like a team that is the real deal as many sports writers are jumping on the bandwagon. There are already talks in discussion of a Tom Cable contract extension.

Jay Cutler gets first win as a Bear
:

Jay Cutler had a fantastic performance as he lead his Bears past the Lions in a 38-13 win. Cutler threw for 304 yards and 3 TD's with 0 INT. This just furthers the Broncos fans outrage as Cutler is starting to flourish.

Farve gets big win over Packers:

Brett Favre has now beat every team in the NFL as he took down the Packers 20-12. After 2 years of feuding Favre finally got his payback with 207 yards passing and a passing TD. After the game Favre said. "This wasn't about the past, we just came here to do our jobs and win, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good."

Brandon Marshall trade rumors:

There has been much speculation over the fate of star WR Brandon Marshall as Marshall has expressed interest in having out of Denver. With the team lacking defense and struggling at the QB position, we could possibly see Marshall going to one of these teams. Vikings, Redskins, Ravens, Patriots, Jets, Eagles, Dolphins, and Bears have all shown interest.

Standings-

AFC West:
Raiders- 4-0
Chargers- 2-2
Broncos- 1-3
Chiefs- 1-3

AFC North
Steelers- 4-0
Bengals- 2-2
Ravens- 2-2
Browns- 1-3

AFC East
Patriots- 3-1
Bills- 3-1
Dolphins 0-4
Jets- 0-4

AFC South
Colts- 4-0
Texans- 3-1
Titans- 2-2
Jaguars- 1-3

NFC West
49ers- 3-1
Seahawks- 2-2
Rams- 1-3
Cardinals- 0-3

NFC North
Vikings- 2-2
Packers- 2-2
Lions- 1-3
Bears- 1-3

NFC East
Redskins- 4-0
Cowboys- 3-1
Giants- 2-2
Eagles- 2-1

NFC South
Falcons- 3-0
Saints- 3-1
Buccaneers- 0-4
Panthers- 0-3

Last edited by Mr. Franchise; 11-30-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #14
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

Denver Broncos Week 5 News

Chris Simms announced as starter week 5 Vs. Patriots-

Coach McDaniels has announced that Chris Simms will get the start over Kyle Orton in the Broncos week 5 match up against the Patriots. "With Kyle, we just had to many turnovers, I didn't like the direction we were going, so I had to make a change." He said. "When a guy throws 11 picks in 4 games, you gotta do something. There's no way we can let him finish the year when starting like that."

Chris Simms was asked about how he felt about the change. "It's a great feeling, I've battled some injuries over the past couple of years, and to know that they can trust me as the starter is a good feeling." Simms said. "I just wanna be careful with the ball, I know we can't turn it over anymore."

Orton was asked how he felt about it, and said. "It's a big dissapointment, I don't feel like offense was the main concern, but it's whatever the coach wants, I obviously have no say in the matter."

It looks like there will be a bit of conreversy in Denver for a while as they try to sort things out.

More Brandon Marshall trade rumors-

It looks like the Brandon Marshall trade rumors are heating up as a number of team are interested.

Reports are coming in hat the Eagles, Dolphins, Redskins, and Jets are the leading candidates.

It has been reported that the lead offer is the Jets who offered their 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2010.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise

Denver Broncos Hire McDaniels as Head Coach

DENVER, CO- Just after trading former franchise QB Jay Cutler, the Broncos have announced that Josh McDaniels, former Patriots offensive coordinator, will be the new head coach of the Denver Broncos.

McDaniels was hired before the Cutler deal and one of the main reasons the Cutler deal went through.
NBA Miami Heat
College Hoops Maryland
College Football Maryland

Baltimore Ravens
0-0 WEEK 1 Vs STEELERS
LOCKOUT OVER!

Last edited by maddenmaster34; 11-28-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Bye Bye Smilie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1

Nice chise so far Franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »