Home

Re-Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Franchise

This is a discussion on Re-Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re-Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Franchise

Game: Madden 10
Platform: PS3
Team: Oakland Raiders
Difficulty: All-Madden
Quarter Length: 5 Minutes
Rules: Only 1 free agent over 90 overall per year, only 2 over 80, and only can sign for need not just to have the best team. Can only trade for 1 draft pick in rounds 1-3 and only 2 in 4-7.

I will try to make this as interesting as possible, while trying to keep it realistic as well. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Re-Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Franchise

Al Davis Gives Up His Power

After years of horrible draft picks, changing coaches on a yearly basis, and losing his team's pride Al Davis has finally decided to give up his power over making football decisions. He has announced the hiring of a new G.M. This new G.M. is Jonathonb15. Jonathonb15 is best known for bringing in the right people in the popular video game Madden 10 and turning bad teams into contenders. This decision to bring in someone based on their video game track record surprises no one as Davis is known for his poor decision making. Time will only tell how this will work out.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:06 AM   #3
Rookie

New G.M. Seeks Change

After leading the Raiders to a abysmal 5-11 record, the entire coaching staff of the Oakland Raiders has been fired. New G.M. Jonathonb15 said that he wants to "start fresh and start off this new era with the people I want leading my team" He has also said that this team will be more professional and nobody is a sure starter. He said, "Everyone on this team will have to work for their spot, no matter how much they make. I will give every single player a fair chance. I will also be bringing in people to compete for jobs so the players we have will either raise their level of play, or be riding the bench." Stay tuned for news on the new coaching staff and other offseason news.

Last edited by jonathonb15; 01-31-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Rookie

New Coaching Staff Revealed

Jonathonb15 looks like he knows what he's doing so far. He put together a great coaching staff looking to turn the Raiders into the great team they once were. He was able to get former offensive coordinator of the Tennessee Titans to sign on as the head coach to beef up the running game. Heimerdinger said, "I can't wait to get to work on rebuilding this team. This team really has a lot of history and I hope I can add to that history by being the one to turn things around."

But, as everyone knows, the main problem with the Raiders has been their QB play. Jonathonb15 was able to get Norv Turner to sign on as his offensive coordinator.

Turner told us he was "Excited about being back in Oakland under new management" and also said he will be able to provide the spark that the offense needs.

Jonathonb15 was also able to get Ron Rivera for his Defensive coordinator and Dave Toub for his Special teams coach. Only time will tell how these moves will work out, but the future certainly is looking great at this point.

Last edited by jonathonb15; 01-31-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Re-Signings 2010

Notable Re-Signings

R. Seymour has signed a new 3YR/$31.98M contract.
S. Janikowski has signed a new 2YR/$6M contract.
K. Morrison has signed a new 6YR/$40M contract.
C. Schilens has signed a new 5YR/$20.85M contract
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 05:02 AM   #6
Rookie

2010 Free Agency

The 2010 free agency has ended and the Raiders were mostly quiet, but they did make some pretty good moves. For depth they added CB Mike Mickens, and RT Doug Free. Rumor has it that Chris Johnson may have to fight off Mickens if he wants to keep his starting position.

The Raiders also made a pretty good move by adding LT Jermon Bushrod. They are expected to move him to right tackle and D. Free will be fighting for the starting RG position. Heimerdinger said, "I really like Jermon's pass blocking abilities. Our line really needed some help, but I think this year will be a good one on the offensive line. This signing pretty much raps up a strong offensive line unit that I would expect to be one of the best."

And another signing by the Raiders has left many wondering if Jamarcus Russell will be the starter this season. The Raiders have signed veteran David Carr to a 3 year deal. This may just be to lock up the back up spot, but Turner really seems to like the guy. Turner told us, "I really like what Carr brings to the table, he has a strong arm and can make all the throws. If I can teach him how to handle the pressure and speed of the game, I know I can turn him into one of the better passers in this league. But, we also have Jamarcus. I guess we'll just have to see how they battle it out in the preseason."

This could sure make for an interesting story.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 AM   #7
Rookie

2010 NFL Draft

This is a review of the Raiders 2010 Draft

Round 1
Jamaal Kidd (WR/Washington)

This guy is a big receiver at 6'2", but he is also fast and ran a 4.35 at the combine. He has shown the ability to run crisp routes and can make the catch in traffic. When it comes to making plays after the catch, there are not many better than this Kidd.

Round 2
Derrick Bryant (DT/Iowa)

This was a weird pick. This guy is more of a raw project player. He is very strong, but needs heavy work on his technique. Will not be a first year starter, but may be a situational player.

Round 3
Jeffrey Gardea (FB/USC)

Gardea is a good blocking fullback, but thats it. He does not have even decent hands and won't do much good carrying the football. But, fullbacks don't HAVE to catch or HAVE to run, they do have to block.

Round 4
Tim Pruitt (LT/Tulane)

This kid has the size and strength of an NFL tackle, but doesn't quite have his footwork down yet. He will be a good back up at first and can maybe work his way into the starting role later.

Round 5
Christian Burdetsky (LG/Florida)

Just a depth pick. Very strong kid. Another project.

Round 6
Andray Augustine (ROLB/Texas)

Off the field issues caused Augustine to drop this far. Jonathonb15 will not tolerate any off the field problems and expects this kid to turn it around if given the opportunity. He is a very fast outside linebacker and a good tackler. He is also great in coverage. Could be a day one starter. A gem of a pick if he stays clean.

Round 7
Bruce Connoly (LG/Cincinnati)

Was the best player available. Just a 7th round draft pick. Will fight to make the team.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Position Battles

QB
Frontrunner: Jamarcus Russell
The former number 1 overall pick has to be the favorite due to when he was picked. No word on who will be the starter yet from any of the coaches or even who they like. But, Russell is making big bucks.

Fighter: David Carr

The coaching staff seems to like Carr, but again we have no official word. This team may be the 31 year olds last chance at being an NFL starter.

HB
Frontrunner: Michael Bush

We are pretty sure it will end up with Bush being the starter and McFadden being the 3rd down back. But maybe if McFadden has a great preseason he can pass Bush up.

Fighter: Darren McFadden

Likely will be the 3rd down running back due to fumbling issues.

DT
Frontrunner: Clinton McDonald
Raiders have named him the starter going into preseason. He is pretty small and not as strong as you would expect a DT to be. Could lose his spot with good play from the backups.

Fighter: Alan Branch
In our opinion, Branch is the closest to catching McDonald. He has put in an extraordinary amount of work this offseason to try and show that he has changed. Hopefully that work translates into production.

LOLB
Frontrunner: Trevor Scott
Scott is expected to be the starter unless Augustine can show that he can still play football after being suspended for his senior year in college. It would take a lot for Scott to lose his spot.

Fighter: Andray Augustine is the fighter for this spot, and we would expect him to give everything he has. Time will tell if his constant work to get better and stay in the game will pay off.

*Note- The battle between Chris Johnson and Mike Mickens is not as close as it looked. Johnson has put in the extra time and has taken great strides this offseason and looks like he is going to lock up that number 2 corner spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »