Home

Auburn Dynasty NCAA 2010

This is a discussion on Auburn Dynasty NCAA 2010 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Auburn Dynasty NCAA 2010

Auburn Dynasty

Game: NCAA 10
Platform: Xbox 360
Updated: Weekends mostly
Roster: Lanteri87
Difficulty: Heisman
Quarters: 7 min
Sliders:
-decreased CPU interception
-decreased USER interception
(too many interceptions in game)

Information:

I know many of you probably have come across some of my past failures, Tulane Dynasty and NFL SIM. As you can see I gave up on those. It is very easy to get overwhelmed and upset if something doesn't go right so I gave up and instead of telling you an outrageous story that I accidently deleted a file I am just telling you I got overwhelmed or was not interested enough in the dynasty. And I am sorry to all who were following those but this time will be different I am not going to try to get on here everyday and post something I am just going to relax and be updating every weekend or 3 to 4 days and take a little break if I need one. Hopefully the format will be much better I hope this works out well and I hope I will have some followers.
(please tell me if you're following, comments are welcomed)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Auburn Dynasty NCAA 2010

"Welcome to The Jungle"

Jordan-Hare Stadium

A Preview of Your 2009 Auburn Tigers

Last Years Record: (5-7, 2-6)
Last Years Bowl Game: none
Coach: Gene Chizik (First year at Auburn, 5-19 overall)
Offensive Coordinator: Gus Malzahn
Defensive Coordinator: Ted Roof

Returning Leaders:

Rushing: Ben Tate, RB, 664 yards
Passing: Kodi Burns, QB, 1050 yards
Receiving: Montez Billings, WR, 277 yards
Tackles: Zac Etheridge, S, 75 tackles
Sacks: Antonio Coleman, DE, 6.0 sacks
Interceptions: Josh Bynes, LB, 3 ints

Other Key Returnees: DE Michael Goggans, CB Walter McFadden, S Mike McNeil, OT Ryan Pugh, LB Craig Stevens, TE Tommy Trott, OT Lee Ziemba

Key Losses: C Jason Bosley, DT Tez Doolittle, WR Robert Dunn, LB Chris Evans, G Tyronne Green, DT Sen’Derrick Marks, CB Jerraud Powers, WR Rodgeriqus Smith

Team Strengths: Even with the losses of CB Jerraud Powers, DT Sen’Derrick Marks, and LB Chris Evans they still have an experienced quality unit on defense. The teams top two leading tacklers are safeties Zac Etheridge and Mike McNeil who return as upperclassmen to lead a very strong secondary. As for Chris Evans he shouldn’t be hard to replace with Josh Bynes, Craig Stevens, and Tray Blackmon, all being very experienced at the college level and if need be Auburn has some great depth at the linebacker position especially. The major losses at the front line are going to hurt the most Marks and Tez Doolittle have to be replaced and defensive coordinator Ted Roof has to find someone or someway to get after the quarterback this season.

Team Weaknesses: While Auburns defense won’t be a problem it is the offense that has the most questions surrounding it. Kodi Burns proved himself as an efficient rusher but only threw for two touchdowns and even worse he was picked off seven times. His starting job will be in jeopardy because back-up Neil Caudle a highly touted recruit never got a real chance to start early and is definitely the better passer of the two. He has had a great spring practice and has been determined to replace Kodi Burns as the starting quarterback. Either way the offense is going to have to rely on running back Ben Tate to lead their offense unless something improves in the passing game. Look for Mario Fannin to line-up in multiple spots causing mismatches and confusion for opposing defense.

The Bottom Line for the Tigers: If Auburn wants to reach a Bowl Game this season they need major improvement in there passing game. Kodi Burns only passed for 1,000 yards last season and part of that was due to the bad play of the receivers. Burns needs to find a great pass catcher out of this group, that he can count on and throw to if he can’t find that kind of a relationship with one of his receivers it will be a long season for Auburn and a bad start for new head coach Chizik.

Last Years Stats: (rank national, rank in conference)

Rushing Offense: 137.50 (69th, 10)
Passing Offense: 165.42 (99, 10)
Total Offense: 302.92 (104, 8)
Scoring Offense: 17.33 (110, 10)
Rushing Defense: 138.92 (54, 8)
Pass Defense: 178.83 (19, 5)
Total Defense: 317.75 (29, 7)
Scoring Defense: 18.00 (14, 4)
Turnover Margin: -.67 (100, 10)
Sacks: 1.75 (76, 11)
Sacks Allowed: 1.75 (49, 6)

Last edited by cincy5885; 02-17-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Auburn Dynasty NCAA 2010

"Welcome to The Jungle"
Jordan-Hare Stadium

Take A Look At The Controversy Behind The 2009 Auburn Coaching Staff

Head Coach Gene Chizik
In a move most fans think is as stupid as the firing of Tommy Tuberville (former Auburn head coach). The hiring of new head coach Gene Chizik who is not very popular for Auburn fans considering his record as a head coach is 5-19 after two years of coaching. However, he is a familiar face to fans here on the east side of Alabama as he was the defensive coordinator for the Tigers from 2004-2006 before accepting a job from Texas as there defensive coordinator. After a short career with Texas he became the head coach for Iowa State and compiled an unimpressive record of 5-19 after two seasons before being offered a job at Auburn but not as a defensive coordinator but the head coach which has many fans in a confused and aggravated state of mind for their beloved football team.

Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn
Gus Malzahn is not much better and has a lot of responsibility and pressure on him to help Auburn and there struggling offense. Much like Gus this isn’t the most popular decision he is a former receiver and only has three years of experience in the NCAA. He started off as a high school coach with much success with many teams and was offered a job as offensive coordinator and receivers coach for Arkansas. After a year at Arkansas he actually moved down to Co-offensive coordinator and a quarterbacks coach for Tulsa for 2007 and 2008. Now he will take the job of offensive coordinator which is challenging enough but also he will be the quarterback coach which is even more of a challenge with bad passing from starting quarterback Kodi Burns and the possibility he will be replaced this season. He will be thrown right into the middle of the fire but the good thing is fans are more upset with the hiring of Coach Chizik right now and that is getting the major headlines.

Defensive Coordinator Ted Roof
Ted Roof is the most experienced with over 20 years in the NCAA he has been a linebacker and defensive coordinator for many teams through out the years and also had experience as a head coach for Duke which he kept for a couple of years. Ted will probably fit the best here at Auburn compared to all of the other coaching staff as he will take on the role of defensive coordinator and linebackers coach which he has a lot of experience in and something Auburn doesn’t need much help in with a lot of talented individuals. Roof is probably the best guy on this staff so far because he has proven himself. Fans would probably rather have Roof as head coach right now but that might not be the best idea if you take a look at the stats as he has a 6-45 record as a head coach. Despite all that he has still been named assistant head coach while still having the responsibility of being defensive coordinator and linebacker coach.

The Bottom Line for Coach Chizik
It is pretty safe to say fans are not happy with the coach who has averaged less than three wins a season. This is certainly not what Auburn had in mind in the building of a strong dynasty much like rivals Alabama and LSU, teams like that are what players are comparing with for their hopes of what they can provide for this team and what future they see for it. Chizik has the responsibility of making Auburn’s offense as strong as their defense, and make sure they are bringing in a very young talented recruiting class for the future, and then put Auburn in a bowl game. Let’s just say that it is obvious that no one believes these are possible goals for a very unpopular coach in the state of Alabama.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »