Home

4 Years In The Making: A Madden NFL 07 Superstar

This is a discussion on 4 Years In The Making: A Madden NFL 07 Superstar within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon1 4 Years In The Making: A Madden NFL 07 Superstar

Apr. 1, 2006
I remembered the last time I knelt to pray. That was when my family was in ruins. That was months ago. But this is the NFL. I really want to get drafted. As each day passes, I get more nervous. But what would a 6'3", 204 lb. QB be nervous of? I came from one of those average football programs in the country. But Marshall is different. Though Marshall has a good football alumni, with the likes of Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, Randy Moss and Frank Gatski, I'm not their kind of caliber. Everyone knows me from my legendary dad who was called the Brett Favre of his generation, so I'm a little bit pressured. But I try to forget my football heritage when I go to places because people would ask me to give them autographs from dad. Others would take pictures with me. They say that my dad was a hometown hero in Huntington, playing for Marshall for 2 years before moving to Virginia Tech. Though dad was born here in Huntington, I was born in Chicago during the years when my dad was losing his prime at an early age. Well, I'll just hope that I'll at least get drafted.

This is my story.

Madden NFL 07
System: PC (Windows XP SP3)
Processor: Intel Atom 1.60 Mhz
Game Settings
Minutes: 6
Level: Pro
Sliders: Made with realism
Roster: Patch #2 (duh..)

I used Madden 07 for the PC because it's easy to use and easy to take screenshots and.. Awesome eh?

The Time has come.

My Teams:
NBA- LA Lakers
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB- Boston Red Sox
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by RedWingJunkie010; 04-06-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Apr. 4-5, 2006
I had an interview with the NFL Network a day before I went to hire an agent. On the way, I forgot my cellphone because I was in a hurry. Good thing there was a payphone near the studio.

Here's a part of the interview:

Reporter: A lot of scouts say you need some work in Training Camp. What do you say?
Me: No comment.
Reporter: Do you think you'll end up where you want to be?
Me: Even so-called experts can't predict a draft. Let's see what happens.
Reporter: What can you contribute to a football organization?
Me: I'll just step into my new role and do my job.
Reporter: After the draft, what's next?
Me: Training Camp.
Reporter: Thank you for your time.

Who said that interviews are scripted? The interviews of the NFL Network aren't scripted. Though if they really are scripted, I wouldn't do this interview since I can't tell them what I really want to say. What I learned about the mass media is that if they want it, they'll get it even if it's not good for the rest. Good thing it was over quickly.

Then, I hired an agent. There were like ten agents available but Jimmy Powers was the only agent I could hire. When I got home, Powers texted me saying: "Welcome aboard." That was a sign that I was gonna be successful in getting a team to draft me.

The Time has come.

My Teams:
NBA- LA Lakers
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB- Boston Red Sox
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by RedWingJunkie010; 04-04-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Apr. 6, 2006
Good thing I was able to find my shoes for the Individual Workouts. First I focused on Pocket Presence. The Green Bay Packers accepted me to train in their facilities. It also helped me show my skills to scouts. The trainer said i was a little bit under par in the pocket, but I told him that I was just coping up from not playing a football game since January. He told me that it doesn't matter if you don't play for a long time in the NFL, you still need to be consistent day in and day out. Now I know what it is to play in the NFL.

Apr. 12, 2006
After wasting the week playing Madden NFL 06 to refresh my mind with football, I slept for 11 hours and forgetting the Individual Workout. Good thing my agent Jimmy Powers called me. Right when pressed the Call button, Powers shouted: "Jorge! Where the hell are you? You're gonna be late for the workout in Oakland. Get here fast or else I'll desert you! I'm not joking." "Sorry man. I completely forgot. I'll get there as fast as I can." I was able to get there before the scouts left. Now I focused on the 40-yard dash. I was able to get a reasonable 5.84 seconds. The trainer told me that 5.84 seconds is fast for a quarterback. I was thankful that I didn't pass out since I forgot to eat before I went here.

Apr. 22, 2006
This is it. The NFL Combine. All of the scouts in the league were there since it's the NFL Combine, duh. All players from the country were there to show their stuff to the various NFL teams. I showed them my skill in the pocket. I only got a wrong receiver once. The scouts saw improvements in my play. I was getting better every time I step up the field. And I'm not yet playing a game in the NFL.

The Time has come.

My Teams:
NBA- LA Lakers
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB- Boston Red Sox
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
MLS- LA Galaxy
Old 04-04-2010, 05:07 AM   #4
Rookie

April 29, 2006
Here it is. Draft day. The day I was waiting for. I really wanted the Steelers to draft me but they already have a star QB in Ben Roethlisberger. My second choice is the Dallas Cowboys 'cause I could get a starting position if Drew Bledsoe would get injured. I waited for hours until, somebody called. It was Powers. He called me if I already saw myself drafted. I told him no because I forgot the cable for the TV yesterday. He told me that I was drafted by the Bills in Round 3, Pick 26. When I hung the phone, I screamed for joy 'cause who wouldn't be happy if somebody got drafted? At long last, I got drafted. The only thing I'll have to do is to watch the rest of the draft, on the internet. How dumb of I. After the draft, I called my parents and told them that I got drafted by the Bills. My dad said that I'm gonna have an easy time in Buffalo as a QB since Buffalo has a good OL when it comes to sacks. He also said "don't boast your talent 'cause if you do, you won't get the starting position."

The Time has come.

My Teams:
NBA- LA Lakers
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB- Boston Red Sox
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
MLS- LA Galaxy
Old 04-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Aug. to Sep. 7, 2006
I decided to sit out the preseason except for the Training Camp where I was phenomenal at. I had to spend a vacation from the preseason so I have enough energy for the regular season. Some time ago, a fan e-mailed me. He has been playing my team in Madden NFL 07 and I'm the MVP twice. He asked me if I can do it in real life. I told him if you can put your heart and soul into it, he can do it, too. Maybe there's more to life than just football. Life can be fun sometimes.

The Time has come.

My Teams:
NBA- LA Lakers
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB- Boston Red Sox
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
MLS- LA Galaxy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Sep. 10, 2006
Here it is. The first game of the regular season and my first game of my football career. Before the game, coach Dick Jauron gave us a prep talk. He said, "Before you go into this field, and kick the hell out of these Patriots, let's make a prayer first." After the prayer, he reminded us about the gameplan, "Remember our gameplan that we kept on playing since Training Camp. Bernardo, don't get nervous out there. Offensive Line, protect Bernardo when he's in the pocket. McGahee, Shelton, do your contribution in the run play and help the OL in the pass block. Defense, just do your thing." We were on fire in the first quarter, outscoring them 10-0. Tom Brady and the Patriots rallied back in the second quarter to make it 10-10 but we were able to retain the lead seconds left in the 2nd. In the 3rd quarter, I was leveled after the completed pass play to Peerless Price. I injured my elbow and I was out for the rest of the game. I was still able to watch the rest of the game. The Patriots tied it up 13-13 in the 3rd. In the 4th, They were able to get the game leading field goal but J.P. Losman cancelled the celebrations for the Pats with the game-winning TD pass with a minute left in the 4th. We celebrated in the bus after the game. My parents were proud of me even if I didn't play the rest of the game.

Price for the win!!

The Time has come.

My Teams:
NBA- LA Lakers
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB- Boston Red Sox
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by RedWingJunkie010; 04-05-2010 at 06:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »