Home

Running Down the Road to Glory (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on Running Down the Road to Glory (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Running Down the Road to Glory (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRag
433 yards rushing...WOW....Like I said in the post before that. I believe my tigers could use a strong rushing force such as yourself
Ha! Yeah. I still get good yards after this game, but no where near 433.

And I'm looking forward to watching Spiller this year. I have a feeling he's going to be a beast. The only things we (the Bills) have going for us this year is our running game.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #10
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Freshman mode! Jk.

Nice got getting 433 yards that's just crazy, if you can get 200+ yards for the next three games that will be 1,00 yards.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
Freshman mode! Jk.

Nice got getting 433 yards that's just crazy, if you can get 200+ yards for the next three games that will be 1,00 yards.
Sometimes it feels like Freshman. But I know once I get into college it'll be a different story.

TigerRag, how's Clemson's O-line? Will they be opening up some holes for Michaels to explode through?

Last edited by Poet Of; 07-15-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
Rookie

Pennsylvania High School Playoffs

Hanover Crows

HB #51 Gideon Michaels

Game 2: Hanover 38 – Colonial Park 3

Gideon's Stats:

Rushing—Carries: 21—Yards: 242—TD’s: 2—Fumbles: 1
Receiving—Receptions: 0—Yards: 0—TD’s 0—Dropped Passes: 1

Reported By: Drew Conrad

Player Summary:

Gideon Michaels receiving skill set leaves a lot to be desired. The ball was thrown to him three times this game. He dropped the ball once, and missed two other passes completely. Any team that signs him will have to make note of these glaring limitations.

But not many will care.

He seemed to be well rested after last week’s marathon of 433 yards. Michaels showed why he’s one of the top running backs in the country. He ran for over ten yards a carry in this game, goring the opposing defense until they just laid down to bleed out. He will bring a running game that will be long remembered by any school that gets lucky enough to sign him.

Game Summary:

Again the Crows defense was an unmovable force against a very stoppable offense. They limited CPHS to 116 yards and only one field goal, and put up six points of their own off an interception return.

The offense of the Crows picked up their tempo in this game, allowing Michaels to stay fresh for the entire sixty minutes where last week he had to sit out a play or two in a few drives due to fatigue. Owen Polley threw for two touchdowns and no picks in the win against Colonial Park.

Next week we’ll see if the Crows can keep up the pace they showed tonight when they face Economy for the right to go to the State Championship. Economy held McKeesport to 0 points. Could they do the same to Gideon Michaels and the Crows running game?

Notable Scouts:

#20 Arkansas
#10 Iowa

Note: Questions pertaining to the next weeks game are welcome. PM me and I'll include some with the next update.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Of
TigerRag, how's Clemson's O-line? Will they be opening up some holes for Michaels to explode through?
LT-OVR:93
LG-OVR:83
C-OVR:89
RG-OVR:79
RT-OVR:85

Not terrible..decent depth too

Last edited by TigerRag; 07-15-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Pennsylvania High-School Playoffs

Hanover Crows

HB #51 Gideon Michaels

Game 3: Hanover 27 - Economy 10

Gideon’s Stats:

Rushing—Carries: 25—Yards: 270—TD’s: 2—Fumbles: 0
Receiving—Receptions: 6—Yards: 57—TD’s:1—Dropped: 0

Reported By: Drew Conrad

Player Summary:

The stats don’t tell the whole story here. Michaels had a tough game. It seemed like the opposing defense gunned for him personally. He was on his back more often than not…until the fourth quarter where he exploded for two big runs that went the distance.

I retract my previous week’s statement where I said he lacks a receiving game. He showed that he’s capable in that regard tonight. It was nothing spectacular, but he shifted into the next gear when the team needed him to.

In the face of such a ferocious defense, Michaels showed a resilience and determination to finish the game strong and walk out with a win. It was a perfect show for the top scouts sitting in attendance.

Game Summary:

Blood was shed by all, and tears were shed by Economy.

It was a heartbreaking loss for Economy as they seemed to control the tempo of the game for forty minutes going up 7 to 0 in the first half. Their defense was full of mean hard hitting young men who held the Crows premier HB, Michaels, at bay in that first half to a little over fifty yards and no touchdowns; a feat that no other team in the state of Pennsylvania could boast about all season. They demolished the Crows offensive line and tossed their quarterback around like a rag doll. You could see the crestfallen look on the Crows faces at the end of the half.

Except for one player.

Unfortunately for Economy, Gideon Michaels doesn’t know when to give up, and he brought out all the stops when the second half started. He ran harder than I’ve seen him run all year, wearing out the defense, giving his quarterback some much needed time to sit back in the pocket and throw the ball down field. After three straight drives culminating in 21 un-answered points, the Crows could finally rest easy as the final seconds ticked off the clock propelling them to Pennsylvania’s State Championship.

The Hanover Crows will face the powerhouse Levittown two weeks from now. Levittown dominated Carnegie to reach the championship game 37-0.

If Levittown can limit the amount of touches Michaels receives, they have an overwhelming chance to win State.

Interview:

Drew Conrad: It was a tough game out there for you tonight. You seemed to struggle getting some positive yardage early in the game. What changed in the fourth quarter?

Gideon: After getting pummeled in the first three quarters, I took the lineman aside and told them this is where we show we want it more, that we have 15 minutes to keep going down this road to glory. I think the final score showed we wanted it more.

Drew Conrad: It certainly did. Were you aware there were scouts from some of the top ten teams there to witness that?

Gideon: Yeah, I had heard some were going to be here, but in the game you don’t think about it. You just look ahead to winning that trophy.

Drew Conrad: You’ve already indicated a few colleges you’re looking at. Have you made a decision yet? Have you had any other offers?

Gideon: I've given it some thought, but I'm not going to commit until after we win States. And, yes, I’ve talked to some other schools and I’m just weighing my options.

Notable Scouts:

#5 Boise State
#6 Florida
#21 Florida State
#22 North Carolina

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »