Home

deadskins no longer--Return of the Redskins! - Madden '11 - [Coach Mode]

This is a discussion on deadskins no longer--Return of the Redskins! - Madden '11 - [Coach Mode] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Icon10 Return of the Redskins! - deadskins no more - Madden '11 - [Coach Mode]

Franchise Settings
Game: Madden '11 / System: PS3
Settings: 12 Min Quarters, 15 Sec Runoff
Sliders: COACH MODE, "Bill Harris' Realism" sliders

Last edited by tomriddle; 08-25-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Banned

Icon7 Re: deadskins no longer--Return of the Redskins! - Madden '11 - [Coach Mode]

Hello and welcome to my franchise, the Washington Redskins!!

First and foremost I want to say thank you for visiting the thread and what you are about to read is a chronicle. A journey. I will take over the reigns of the Redskins and see if I can lead them back to their Championship ways thru proper team building and coaching.

I wanted to take over a team and rebuild it so to speak.. it came down to the Raiders, the Browns or the Redskins. Now, the Redskins may not be as downtrodden as the other teams but they're still in a pretty bad funk. Combine this with me being a residual Cowboys fan after the Tuna left and this franchise appealed heavily to me since I am VERY familiar with the powerhouse NFC East and relish the opportunity to face the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants!

My philosophies are simple.. establish the run.. build a dominating defense.. and simply pound the rock. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing the other team gassed unable to stop my teams' advance!

As I always do, I will be simming the first year of the franchise just so I can get a headstart on the team-building aspect and start molding the team in my image and under my philosophies.

Can the Redskins come back and reclaim their glory days? Am I going to try and re-assemble the hogs? Is there another Riggins I may be able to find..??

I don't know.. but I do know this. Every step of the way will be chronicled.. whatever the outcomes may be.. you'll see it here

the journey begins
Old 08-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
Banned

Re: deadskins no longer--Return of the Redskins! - Madden '11 - [Coach Mode]

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS, before I do anything else.. before I even sim the year.. Albert Haynesworth is gone

sorry.. but I want *winners* on my team.. I don't particularly care how beastly he may be he does not fit my philosophies and will be traded IMMEDIATELY!

Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriddle
FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS, before I do anything else.. before I even sim the year.. Albert Haynesworth is gone

sorry.. but I want *winners* on my team.. I don't particularly care how beastly he may be he does not fit my philosophies and will be traded IMMEDIATELY!

I would change him back to a DT so you can get more out of him.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
Banned

Icon1 Re: deadskins no longer--Return of the Redskins! - Madden '11 - [Coach Mode]

after a forgettable season where the Redskins went 6-10, I traded away malcontent "star" DLineman Albert Haynesworth to the Cleveland Browns for their 1st round pick. Also gone is LB Larry Johnson traded to the Pittsburg Steelers for WR Mike Wallace.

Offseason pre-NFL DRAFT Team Evaluation:
The Redskins aren't that bad of a team to be honest.. what they lack from what I see are the foundations of a winning football program. Their interior line have gaping holes on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball and you cannot win and win consistently without the foundations of the team being solid.

TEAM STRENGTHS:
- QB Donovan McNabb [89ovr Apot], although getting older and is probably on the downside of his carreer, is still a very capable QB.

- RB Clinton Portis [85ovr Bpot], also on the downside of his carreer and after having gained so much mileage can still be counted on

- TE Chris Cooley [91ovr Apot], I *love* great TE's! They help in every facet of the offense from run blocking, pass support, not to mention being the QB's "safety net"

- OT's Jammal Brown [90ovr Apot] and Trent Williams [86ovr Apot], they are young, they are talented and they are nasty on the line!

- LOLB Brian Orakpo [91ovr Apot], having been in the league for only 2 years he's a star in the making and have all the tools he needs.

- MLB London Fletcher [91ovr Apot], the London Tower!! Yes he's still around and I will have to lean on his leadership since I will probably field a very young defense after the draft. Who better to lead them that London!

- SS Laron Landry [90ovr Apot], another young star the redskins have. Hoping he becomes a playmaker out there for my regime.

TEAM WEAKNESSES:
- As I see it we are lacking in the following positions: WR, LG, C, RG, LE, RE, DT, ROLB, CB and FS ..

- help

- the foundations of the redskins are painfully lacking and I will have to adress it come this upcoming NFL Draft. As usual, there are far too many holes for 1 draft to properly adress.. but the main thing I will need to beef up are the foundations of my line both offensively and defensively.. we can't even begin to win games without having the right foundations to build upon

UP NEXT: THE NFL DRAFT!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
I would change him back to a DT so you can get more out of him.
I dislike his malcontent attitude irl and I *know* how beastly he is and in spite of all that..

I'm still trading him, the beauty is I've offered him up on the trade block for both picks and position players and I got a *ton* of offers

one of the better ones was Albert Haynesworth for DE Calais Campbell of Arizona

in the end I just kept it simple, traded him away for the 1st rd pick of the Browns.. and yes, I bit the bullet, $10mil cap hit

Old 08-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
Banned

Icon1 Re: deadskins no longer--Return of the Redskins! - Madden '11 - [Coach Mode]

with (2) 1st round picks and (2) 4th rounders totalling 4 picks in the first 3 rounds alone I am looking to have a very productive draft. I am hoping to get at least get several starters particularly for my line.

NFL DRAFT RESULTS - Year 2 - 2011 Season

1st round - RE Landon Jones [77ovr Apot] - 10th overall pick, he was projected to go in the top 5 but slipped all the way to the 10th spot. Having no DE's, how could I refuse a gift such as him? He's got the tools to become a star in a year or two and he doesn't necessarily have a starters' overall rating but I have a pressing need for a lineman and he will start immediately!

1st round - C Desi Ryans [80ovr Apot] - 15th overall pick via CLE. was I serious or was I serious about beefing up my line first? I was looking for an OG to be honest but there weren't anyone left who caught my eye for a 1st round pick. Every G left on the board was projected to go in the 1st-2nd round so I went with Desi who turned out to be better than what his charts showed. He will be the anchor for my team for years to come and is an immediate starter!

2nd round - WR Sacha Gilmore [79ovr Bpot] - 42nd pick, although I have more pressing needs, I decided to go with Sacha due to his high chart ratings specifically his SPD and CTH.. I was thinking he had the tools to burn defenses and make the catches.. although I am dissapointed that he's not a breakaway star and only a B potential.. in some ways, I regret this pick but I can most definitely use him on my squad.

3rd round - MLB Sione Taue’etia [72ovr Bpot] - his chart ratings were outstanding.. he had MAX ratings in SPD, TAK, and POW (hit power) which told me he would be a beast on the field.. he has the speed to fly around and blow people up with devastating hits.. however, this is the draft and I feel this is another dud pick of mine. a low ovr and a B potential.. he certainly has the raw tools and I love LB's so I will keep him and make use of him on my squad.. I am missing a ROLB after all. Trial by fire.. this will be my personal project pick.

4th round - MLB Patrick Ferrell [75ovr Apot] - what drew me to this Linebacker was his chart-ratings being MAX for STR, BSH and POW. Block Shedding is a key attribute, if you can get rid of whoever is trying to block you, you have a free reign to do some damage and he has STR, BSH and the hit power to do it! What I did not expect was the rest of his attributes being so beastly..
Spoiler

as the later rounds came.. there was one player I scouted which was left on the board.. check him out, and tell me what *YOU* would've done..

that's right folks, his chart-ratings were INSANE! He had off the chart ratings for TRK, ELU, SPD, Ball Carrier Vision, and Carries and yet he's projected to go in the 5th round..? what would you have done? seriously..

4th round - HB Calvin Copeland [87ovr Apot] - my jaw dropped.. it literally *dropped*.. this is the essence of a late-round steal, a diamond! He's capable enough to start on my RB squad ahead of Clinton Portis and has A potential as a rookie. But it doesn't end there.. the rest of his attributes?
96spd. 94agi. 90acc. 48awr(ouch). 93trk. 89elu. 83bcv. 92sfa. 96spm. 97jkm.

He is perhaps the best pick I have ever made in any draft in any franchise.. truly a gift and a fortunate one too considering Clinton Portis is getting old.. I may just start Calvin Copeland and have Clinton in for 3rd down situations.. we'll see how it goes during the pre-season but I am simply amazed.

I wanted to share these draft-war-room scouting sessions because I want to give you a glimpse into the decision making process I undergo each draft.. so far I have adressed my line, my WR, my linebacker core but I still need a FS as well so I took a look at: CB/FS/SS to see who to draft.. low and behold I spot him..

interesting don't you think? he has max SPD and the rest of his ratings aren't that bad..

5th round - SS Gavin Swanson [85ovr Bpot] - a good pick if I may say so myself.. it seems he has hit his full potential in college but that's fine, he's still better than anyone I currently have so I changed him to a Free Safety dropping his ovr rating to 83 but he does have 98spd.. he should be able to fly around back there along with my SS Landry and just hit people nonstop.

once the 6th and 7th rounds roll by, the pickings become slimmer and very seldom will you see a player with maxxed out chart ratings.. however, keep your eyes open and draft a player to fit YOUR STYLE and YOUR SYSTEM..

What drew my attention to him was the fact that although he lacks SPD, Block Shedding ability and has no finesse moves... he is a tackling machine and has a maxxed out Power Move set.. I took a chance on him

6th round - LE Adam Kitchens [75ovr Apot] he doesn't have immediate starter overall and has the tools necessary with A potential.. he's the definition of a project player.. give a few years and he will be a beast! However, I do not have any LE's so he will be starting for me immediately.

7th round - FB Willie Wells [73ovr Bpot] - it's the 7th round.. what did you expect? he's a decent run blocking fb.. I don't mind picking him here since I have Mike Sellers to start but this was not a bad pick at all.. it's not good either but it was not a wasted pick

Last edited by tomriddle; 08-25-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

That's an insane draft, but that can be a turn off. Either way, good luck with the Skins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »