Home

A History Repeated - A Browns Franchise.

This is a discussion on A History Repeated - A Browns Franchise. within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A History Repeated - A Browns Franchise.

CRIBBS ON HIS WAY OUT?

Mr "Jack of all trades" Josh Cribbs could be on his way out of Cleveland. With training camp in full flow and the pre-season games coming up, Cribbs told a local reporter that he was unhappy with his role within the team. According to the paper Cribbs stated " I have barely been getting any reps in training and they seem to ascociate me with the special teams first rather than as a frontline reciever. I enjoy competition but they are not giving me the chance. I have given this team 6 years and the new offensive coach has changed a lot things. Don't recall us practicing any wildcat stuff, well if they did I wasn't part of it. I am good enough to play on every down and if its not here in Cleveland then maybe I will need to look at my options"

In an exclusive interview with NFL.com Head Coach Eric Mangini talked about the Browns upcoming season.

"Everyone is looking good in training and we hope to start much stronger than we did last year. We have tackled many of issues with our offense from lasr yeah and with Norv's contribution we really feel we have found an identity for our offense. The Josh Cribbs situation will be deal't with internally and obviously we are not going to give away too much about our team for this year. However we did felt that we beat ourselves at time last year by over complicating the offense and one thing I will say is that perhaps the wildcat will not be a major factor in our offense anymore. Josh is part of our team and we hope that he understands he has an important role to play. We have some exciting new players that have been added and we feel very comfident on the upcoming year. We had a better record that 16 other teams last year yet still finished last in the AFC North so we know we are probably in the toughest division going."

Old 10-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #34
Rookie

PRE SEASON WITHOUT A SCRATCH...CRIBBS TRADED!

Josh Cribbs is no longer a Cleveland Brown. The trade looked on the cards after his comments in training camp and he was barely used during the Browns pre-season games in which they finished 2-2.

With offers on the table from Houston, Tampa Bay and the Giants, Cribbs ended his 6 years with the Browns and was finally traded to the Tampa Bay Buccanneers for their 2012 3rd round pick.

Rookie Andre Thornton will start as the teams kick returner after looking solid in pre-season.

Some good news though for the Browns is that they got through the 4 pre-season games with no injuries and everyone reported for training ahead of their season opener with the Steelers. A far cry from the 6 injuries they sustained last year that damaged the team so badly.

So all is set for another season.......
Old 10-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #35
Rookie

BROWNS WIN DEFENSIVE BATTLE

STEELERS 10 - 14 BROWNS.

A complete second half shut out by both defenses led to the Browns coming away with the win.

Much of the pre-game talk had been about the Browns new offense but once again it was the defense who came up big.

They got to Big Ben 5 times and the Browns also intercepted a pass in their on endzone, as they limited the Steelers QB to just 129 yards. The Steelers only main offense was on the ground but when it came to the big plays the Browns defense stood up and shut them down.

Rookie Wide Reciever Shakiel Holder used his size to pull down a 40 yrd pass from Colt McCoy and take it a further 49 yards for a massive 89 yard TD.

Pittsburgh then scored 10 quick points before Browns HB Peyton Hillis ran through on the goaline to make it 14-10 with 4:07 left in the 2nd quarter.

No one in the crowd would have believed that would be the last score of the game as 34 minutes of brutal defensive plays settled the game.

NFL Scoreboard - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) at Cleveland Browns (1-0)
September 12, 20111234F
Pittsburgh Steelers370010
Cleveland Browns770014
Top Performers
Pittsburgh Steelers - Stats
Hines Ward - 7REC 87 yrds
Cleveland Browns - Stats
Jerome Harrison - 23 for 97yrds
Shaun Rogers - 3 SACKS
Team Stats Comparison
PITCLE
First Downs1311
3rd Down Efficiency3-113-10
4th Down Efficiency0-00-1
Total Yards329347
Passing Yards103183
Rushing Yards16275
Penalties-Penalty Yards4-251-10
Turnovers11
Time of Possession25:0318:57
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #36
Rookie

BROWBS MOVE TO 2-0 AS OFFENSE EXPLODES INTO LIFE TO BLOW OUT JAGUARS.

JACKSONVILLE 17 - 48 BROWNS

Last season the Jaguars were in full control against the Browns as they controlled the game from start to finish to gain a 27-17 win in Jacksonville. Well today's game could not have been any different.

In simple terms the Jackonsville defense was horrendously gashed time after time. If it wasn't Jerome Harrison busting chunks of yards, QB Colt McCoy was picking them apart everytime they stuck men in the box to stop the run, as the Brows racked up a 560 yards of offense.

The Browns defense was also on top form and apart from one 80yrd play the Jacksonville offense was toothless and scored its only other points on a FG and a fumble return.

The figures make for great reading for the Cleveland Browns and the teams much vaunted offense showed what they are capable of.

Yes it remains to be seen if the Browns are THAT GOOD or the Jaguars are THAT BAD but this big win is enough to give many a fan real confidence.

NFL Scoreboard - Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2) at Cleveland Browns (2-0)
September 19, 20111234F
Jacksonville Jaguars0010717
Cleveland Browns71421648
Top Performers
Jacksonville Jaguars - Stats
David Garrard - 8/18 141yrds TD
Cleveland Browns - Stats
Jerome Harrison - 26 for 205yrds 2TD
Colt McCoy - 13/18 336yrds 3TD
Team Stats Comparison
JACCLE
First Downs414
3rd Down Efficiency1-105-9
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards305640
Passing Yards117336
Rushing Yards35224
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-04-36
Turnovers11
Time of Possession13:1030:50

Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #37
Rookie

Hi guys,

Just seeing if anyone is following.

Still going to play on with franchise but not sure if should carry on with the storyline etc

cheers
Old 10-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #38
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

looking great so far bro... i like the moves you've made to make the browns a true contender FINALLY
Old 10-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #39
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

keep it coming . I am thinking of trading Cribbs in mine as well.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »