Home

The Coaching Career of Gus Malzahn.

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Gus Malzahn. within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
The Coaching Career of Gus Malzahn.

House Rules
Difficulty: All-American
Sliders: SECElite
Roster: luvtotha9
Game Speed: Slow
Speed Threshold: 0

Dynasty Introduction/Rules/Goals
1. A former successful high school coach, and now college offensive coordinator, Gus Malzahn has finally landed his first college head coaching gig.

I can not move up until I win at least two conference championships and appear in a BCS Bowl. I will only recruit Louisiana, Texas, and Florida, and can only recruit 3 stars or worse until I raise my perstige up to at least a 3 star. There are stipulations, though. If I win a Bowl game, I am allowed to go after a four star recruit.

3. I will use Malzahn's/Auburn's playbook wherever I go and implement Malzahn's HUNH spread offense.

2010 Conference USA Outlook

Conference USA East Conference Standings - Updated: Aug 25, 2010
TEAMRECPCTCONFPFPASTRK
East Carolina
Central Florida
Southern Mississippi
Marshall
Memphis
Alabama-Birmingham

Conference USA West Conference Standings - Updated: Aug 25, 2010
TEAMRECPCTCONFPFPASTRK
Houston
Tulsa
SMU
UTEP
Rice
Tulane

Last edited by hoopla32; 11-27-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Re: The Coaching Career of Gus Malzahn.

2010 Schedule

Arkansas Razozrbacks 2011 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 28at 17 LSULost, 41-27
Sep 4vs Ole Miss
Sep 18at Houston
Sep 25vs Rutgers
Oct 2at Missippi State
Oct 9at Tulsa
Oct 16at UTEP
Oct 23vs SMU
Oct 30vs Southern Mississippi
Nov 6vs Rice
Nov 13vs Central Florida
Nov 20at Marshall

Last edited by hoopla32; 11-27-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Reserved for postseason updates.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Lupine's Arena

OVR: 9

Will definitely follow.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Gus Malzahn Named New Tulane Head Coach

New Orleans, LA -- Just five years ago Gus Malzahn was the head coach at a juggernaut high school team that many consider the best high school team in Arkansas history. One year later he was the offensive coordinator at nearby Arkansas. Stops in Tulsa and Auburn followed, and now Malzahn has the chance to lead his own program. Malzahn will have his work cut out for him, though. A once proud program, Tulane hasn't enjoyed much success lately. Since 2002 Tulane has only enjoyed one winning season, and have a combined record of 35-62 in those eight seasons.

Gus Malzahn
"I know things haven't gone well here as of late, but I'm excited to be the head coach. This school has a good history and I know we can be competitive and win ball games. It may not be easy, but my plan is to have this team competitive and competing a conference championship within three years."

The Green Wave will start off the 2010 season against their in-state rivals LSU in Death Valley. LSU has won the last 18 times these two schools have met, and no one expects this year to be any different. However, Tulane plans on making a statement early in the season and showing everyone they are going to be competitive all year long. Tulane's other non-conference games include home games against Rutgers and Ole Miss and a road trip to Starkville, MS to take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

Tulane AD Rick Dickson
"Coach Malzahn has shown his offense can be successful on the college level. He's an offensive mastermind and we feel like this is the hire that will turn the school around. We couldn't be happier to have him as our head coach."

A down on their luck school, looking to return to at least semi-national relevance. Can the Gus Malazhn era be the beginning of something special? Stay tuned and follow the Green Wave in 2010 to see if this is the start of something special.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

LSU too Much for Green Wave

Tulane had no answer for Stevan Ridley who had 184 yards rushing and three touchdowns on just 11 carries on the day.

Baton Rouge, LA --
This "Battle for the Rag" wasn't much different than the previous 18 times LSU and Tulane hooked up on the gridiron. LSU jumped on Tulane early and never really looked back. LSU took a 34-13 lead, and despite a comeback bid from the Green Wave, LSU left with the 41-27 wn.

Tulane actually, more or less, dominated the team statistical categories, but their four turnovers lead to two defensive touchdowns for LSU. LSU running back Stevan Ridley only needed 11 carries to roll up 184 yards and found the endzone three times, highlighted by 70 yard touchdown run.

Two LSU defensive touchdowns proved to be the difference on the day. Despite only 338 yards of total offense, LSU's defense made big plays and made Tulane pay the ultimate price on two of their four turnovers. Cornerback Morris Claiborne had a 19 yard fumble return for a score in the third quarter, and defensive end Kendrick Adams had a 58 yard fumble return in the fourth quarter.

EA
Morris Claiborne takes a fumble to the house for six. LSU's defense was opportunistic all game long.

EA
Tulane running back Albert Williams was pretty much the lone bright spot for Tulane on the day. Williams had 94 yards rushing, and here, found the endzone once.

Player of the Game

HB Stevan Ridley: 11 carries, 184 yards, 16.4 ypc, 3 TD
Old 11-29-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

tough beatdown atleast there is promise you can win or atleast compete for the C-USA.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:38 AM   #8
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlstar
tough beatdown atleast there is promise you can win or atleast compete for the C-USA.
Thanks. Follow the Sam Winters coaching legacy thread. I decided to go with a fictional coach and wanted to take a different approach.

I'm still using Tulane and I'm off to a 3-1 start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »