OVR: 36
The League

Game: Madden 11 (XBOX 360)
Sliders: Playmakers
Time: 8 Minutes
Teams: All 32 controlled by me
Draft Class: Madden created

Here's how this will work:

I have simmed the 2010-2011 NFL season and will start in the off-season. I will start by telling you who won the Super Bowl, and then by going through firing coaches, re-signings, free agency, and the draft. Next there will be position battles in the pre-season, and then the season will start.

During the season, I will pick a game of the week, and play that game. For the rest of the games, I will supersim until the 4th quarter, and then play if it is close. This way I can tell about every game of the season, without having to spend too much time.

I will try to have a unique presentation, while trying not to spend too much time on it.

Also, I enjoy any tips or thoughts on what I should do with each team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
MVP

Re: The League

Saints Complete Repeat

The city of New Orleans once again is celebrating come February, as their beloved Saints have repeated as Super Bowl champions. Drew Brees is now a two time Super Bowl MVP throwing for 341 yards and 4 TDs.

The Saints trailed 28-20, but Brees lead the Saints on two long drives finding Robert Meachem for a TD, and Marques Colston for a TD and a 2 point conversion. Ben Roethlisberger who threw for 356 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 interception, couldn't lead the Steelers on a game-tying score, as the Saints forced the Steelers to turn the ball over on downs with only a minute left remaining.

From there, Drew Brees took 2 knees, and the Saints celebrated in Dallas.

Marques Colston and Robert Meachem were constantly getting open against the vaunted Steeler defense, as Colston had a TD, and 128 yards receiving, and Meachem had a TD with 156 yards receiving. Cornerbacks Ike Taylor and William Gay were constantly picked on by Brees through the air.

The ground game wasn't bad either for the Saints as Reggie Bush had 78 yards on 16 carries with a TD, as Pierre Thomas went down, injured, in the first quarter after carrying the ball 6 times for 23 yards.

Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers fell, but on offense, they went out swinging. Without deep threat Mike Wallace due to injury, Roethlisberger still moved the ball effectively. He found Hines Ward for 86 yards receiving and a TD catch, while also finding Heath Miler, and Rashard Mendenhall with a 59 yard bomb at the end of the first half. Still, in the 4th quarter, Roethlisberger mistakenly took a safety, and then struggled as the Saints took away his #1 threat in Hines Ward away.

Rashard Mendenhall rushed 23 times for 98 yards, plus had 68 yards receiving. He caught a TD, and ran for one, but it wasn't enough. The Saints D controlled the 4th quarter, and ended the game as Super Bowl champions.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

NFL Retirements

Favre, Owens, Driver, Mason and Taylor Headline NFL Retirements

Brett Favre, Terrell Owens, Tony Richardson, Jason Taylor, Donald Driver, Derrick Mason, Mike Vrabel, and Fred Taylor have all announced their retirement from the NFL.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8

what exactly are you doing? are u telling us the outcome of every year?

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 01-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan4life
what exactly are you doing? are u telling us the outcome of every year?

football, he is just recapping teh year before adn then he is going to start with a weekly recap. It was a little confusing until I went back and reread the first post.

Steel City Defense - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314hew
football, he is just recapping teh year before adn then he is going to start with a weekly recap. It was a little confusing until I went back and reread the first post.
Thanks, i got it.

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »