Home

Brothers in the NFL (Madden '11 PS2 CAT 'Chise)

This is a discussion on Brothers in the NFL (Madden '11 PS2 CAT 'Chise) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Brothers in the NFL (Madden '11 PS2 CAT 'Chise)

Brothers in the NFL

Game: Madden NFL '11
System: PlayStation 2
Difficulty: All-Madden
Quarter Length: 8 Mins.
Game Mode: Franchise
Draft Classes: EA Sports Default
Teams: User Control All 32

Okay, this is just a little fun dynasty me and one of my friends are doing. We're going to make two teams, replace existing teams (the teams might be surprising to some), and act like the head coaches are brothers (hence the name). Each will have their own scheme/gameplan. We'll also be doing a fantasy draft just for fun. So all of this is for fun.

So enjoy!

Last edited by MidnightClaw; 01-17-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Brothers in the NFL (Madden '11 PS2 CAT 'Chise)

Sound interesting, I'll follow

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 01-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan4life
Sound interesting, I'll follow
Thanks, I hopeto have an update in just a minute. We were goign to do a more serious dynasty, but I broke my PlayStation 3 copy of M11, so since I also had it for the PS2, we just decided to do something for fun.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Brothers in the NFL

Breaking News Out of the NFL

Today, we got some big - no, huge - news coming out of the NFL. One team folded, one team sold, two new teams coming into the league, and a new bargain agreement that has a few set rules.

First, Al Davis has decided to fold the Oakland Raiders. Davis and the Raiders were known for their outrageous contracts to their first round picks and that finally caught up to them. Al released a statement to the fans,
"Because of the financial problems of the Raiders, I have made the decision to fold the team. I'm terribly sorry to the Raider Nation and the players, but I thought this was the best path to go down. I hope to stay in touch with the NFL and maybe allowed another team in the future. Again sorry to the fans."

Also, belated to the folding news of the Raiders, Zygi Wilf have sold the Minnesota Vikings to Eston Claw. The Vikings seems to have an up and down season every season, but this move was surprising considering the Vikings was one game away from the Super Bowl. Eston Claw, who is in his mid-30s, didn't state much, but he did say he would like to move the Vikings and release all the current players, starting from scratch. Wilf wasn't available for comment.

This is where one of the new teams is coming from. If the Vikings do move and release the players, this will basically be a new team, just retaining the history of the Vikings. A completely new team will replace the Raiders. Since this team isn't Oakland moving elsewhere, they will not be able to retain the history of the Raiders. There hasn't been any indication where the teams are likely to move, but Los Angeles is a huge possiblity, especially for the team replacing Oakland. Other possible designations are Las Vegas, Honolulu, the Norfolk area in Virginia, and New York City.

Now for the HUGE news today. The NFL and NFLPA have come to a new bargaining agreement. This was the discussion for months, whether there would be NFL in 2012. However, with this new agreement, there will be NFL in 2012 and beyond. But this new agreement does come with some rules. The salary cap will have to be abolished and every player from every team will be put into a draft, called a Fantasy Draft. It will be just like the real draft, but the order is random. This will make things interesting come next season.

When we get more infomation about this "Fantasy Draft" and the new teams, we will sure be the first to report it. Until then...see ya!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Brothers in the NFL

More News on New Teams and Fantasy Draft,
New Family Rivalry in the NFL?

Today we got more news on the two new teams in the NFL and the upcoming Fantasy Draft. Also, it looks likes there will a family rivalry in the NFL. Let's start out with the teams first though.

Eston Claw, the new owner of the Minnesota Vikings, has decided to move the Minnesota Vikings, but to a choice not many expected. He has decided to move the team to Los Angeles, California. LA isn't really in the North, but the NFL agreed on it. The team will be called the Los Angeles Storm becoming the first team in the NFL without an "s" at the end of it. The team colors will be sky blue, white, and black.

Now, where will the team replacing Oakland be located? A lot thought LA, but that isn't going to happen now. So where will the new team be located? Honolulu, Hawaii. Hawaii will get their first professional sports team. The new owner is Matthew Redwoods. The team will be called the Honolulu Islanders and the team colors will be dark green and silver.

Both teams haven't released the logos or jerseys yet and each owner have no intention to until after the Fantasy Draft. Which brings us to the new news of the Fantasy Draft.

Most of the details of the Fantasy Draft was released when it was announced, but the NFL has announced two additional details. The Fantasy Draft will be held two weeks after the annual NFL Draft (yes, rookies will be in the Fantasy Draft, basically rendering the NFL Draft useless) and there will be 49 rounds, instead of 7. Of course, 7 wouldn't fill up a roster, but49 rounds? We'll see how that works out.

Now, for the last news of the day and possibly the most interesting. We of course have a few family rivalries in the NFL, Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts and Eli Manning of the New York Giants come to mind. However, there will be a new family rivalry in the NFL, but not directly on the field. The two new teams of the NFL have announced their coaching staff and the head coaches for each are brothers.
Kevin Whitley (Los Angeles Storm) and Brandon Whitley (Honolulu Islanders) have loved sports since a young age and always tried to outdo each other. Now they take their rivalry to the NFL. Kevin uses more of a pass oriented offense since he was a wide receiver in High School, while Brandon, a runningback, uses a more run-oriented offense. This will be fun. Both brothers are late 20s and they aren't just brothers, their twins.

So that's it. Until next time...see ya!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Rookie

We haven't done the Fantasy Draft yet. I'm waiting for my friend to get here. We'll write down the first two rounds, then only ours. Also, Kevin Whitley (LA Storm) is my friend, while Brandon Whitley (Honolulu Islanders) is me.

Comments are appreciated. Thanks for checking in guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »