Home

Johnnie Cole: A Scandalously Good Coaching Career (NCAA '12)

This is a discussion on Johnnie Cole: A Scandalously Good Coaching Career (NCAA '12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

CharlieKelly's Arena

OVR: 0
Johnnie Cole: A Scandalously Good Coaching Career (NCAA '12)

Johnnie Cole

FBS Coaching History:

UNM: OC 2011-Present

System - 360
Rosters - TBD
Sliders - TBD

National Championship
2011 -
2012 -

Conference Champions
2011-
2012-

Heisman
2011 -
2012 -

Coached Award Winners
2011 -
2012 -

Coached All-Americans
2011 -
2012 -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

CharlieKelly's Arena

Re: Johnnie Cole: A Scandalously Good Coaching Career (NCAA '12)

Daily Lobo: OC David Reaves replaced after only one season.

Offensive coordinator David Reaves was fired after what some call the worst season for the Lobos in recent memory. Coach Mike Locksley refused to comment on the firing of Reaves specifically, echoed previous statements of the offense not living up to standards. Bad does not begin to describe the Lobos offense in the 2010 season. Passing yards were towards the bottom ranking 106th. They rushed for only 108 yards per game, matching their passing ranking at 106th. This combined for a 120th ranking in total yards, and a 116th ranking in points for at 15.8 ppg.

Reaves was quickly replaced at offensive coordinator by controversy marred coach Johnnie Cole. Offensive minded Cole has left his last four schools amidst NCAA investigations, including most recently Texas Southern University where he was head coach. It would seem our Lobos have gotten desperate enough for results, because despite the scandals surrounding Cole, he has brought results including TSU's very first SWAC title.

Locksley had this to say about the hiring of Johnnie Cole, "He has proven time after time that he is a tremendous offensive mind that we feel can easily transition well to our program. The spread offense system should contribute to what we think will be a fantastic turnaround this season. His history with recruiting violations means he will most certainly have little to no involvement whatsoever with that area of our program. No further comments at this time."
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Rookie

CharlieKelly's Arena

KUNM Radio Interview

Newly appointed offensive coordinator Johnnie Cole takes part in his first interview since accepting the position. He does so on the University of New Mexico's radio station 89.9 KUNM

KUNM: Firstly, we as a University would like to welcome you to Albuquerque. How has the city and the campus been treating you so far?

Johnnie Cole: It's been a great first week here. Meeting the players and the fans has really put me feeling like I'm at home. I couldn't possibly be more excited for practice to start.

KUNM: If it''s alright with you, I think it would be a good thing for you to clear the air about the NCAA violations at your previous institutions. With them being at FCS schools there's not too much documentation on them.

JC: Of couse. First and foremost I'd like to take responsibility for the several NCAA violations at Tennessee State while I was a coordinator there. While I was the Head Coach at Texas Southern I unknowingly inherited a program that was in the midst of countless violations from boosters and former coaches. I discovered it but didn't say anything in hopes of waiting it all out and avoiding penalties. Players eneded up talking and due to my history with NCAA recruiting violations made me the scape goat.

KUNM: We're certainly glad to hear that. So what would you say our Lobos have going for them the most on offense?

JC: We have a tremendous amount of returning talent at our skill positions; our top two quarterbacks in BR Holbrook and Stump Godfrey, top two rushers, Kasey Carrier and James Wright, Ty Kirk at wideout and Lucas Reed at tight end. With all these players being juniors I feel that this gives me a very solid base from which to build.

KUNM: You mentioned both quarterbacks coming back, any idea who will be under center when you open up against Colorado State?

JB: There certianly will be a competition for the spot. BR is more the traditional pocket passer, whereas Stump is a dual threat. I'd like to bring the spread offense here to UNM, but it may be in our best interest to slowly transition out of the multiple-offense that's currently in place. Three offensive coordinatorsin three years creates a lot of instability within the offensive scheme so I'd like to have the kids feeling comfortable then make the call at QB.

KUNM: So if skill and depth amongst skill positions are what you consider to be your greatest weakness as an offensive unit?
JB: It'sprobably our line. Not due to lack of talent, but lack of experience and depth. With the losss of Byron Bell and Karlin Givens up front we are left in a bind. I'm sure once we get our front 5 out there and working together we'll be in great shape, but until then that is a concern.

KUNM: One last question before we let you go Coach Cole. How many games do our Lobos win this year?

JB: Before the season is over I see us having at least 6 wins. We'll have to see which bowl we end up in before I make that prediction, but I certainly envision us bowling come December.

KUNM: Thanks for spending the time with us and best of luck in the 2011 season.

JB: Thanks for the opportunity to come on guys. We'll do all right by you this season, I promise.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Season Thoughts

Johnnie Cole has got swag. All I gotta say. I mean, who else can handle 3 strippers at once while still on top of a mexican pool boy. Crazy man. Anyway, hes coaching football now. All those big muscular men in once place, Oh! Stuff is crazyyyyyyy. You think there gonna be good? I have no idea. What I do know is that Johnnie Cole has gotta lay of the shrooms man. The last time we did that stuff, he ended up on a roof top in the middle of bangcok doing things that would make a grown indian chief cry. Luckily, I am not a grown indian chief. Im more of a king. Whatever. Did you realize that Johnnie Cole's abbreviated name is J Cole. Yeah thats right, this guy is the rapper J Cole. Its out. I needed to tell someone, so Im telling all of you. Can you hit it in the morning. Yes, yes you can. In fact, you can hit it whenever you want. And you know what that means. Until next time people, G-Trex Out! SWAG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »