Home

Maryland Terrapins: Fear the Turtle

This is a discussion on Maryland Terrapins: Fear the Turtle within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

OVR: 0
Maryland Terrapins: Fear the Turtle

Maryland Terrapins: Fear the Turtle(NCAA 12)

maryland football fear the turtle.png

Intro

This is my first experience of posting a dynasty online however I've been playing NCAA Football for at least 10 years now and from reading some of the great dynasties that have been put up on this site it inspired me to post my own.

Plans

In this dynasty I will be playing as newly hired Head Coach Clayton Lambright of the Maryland Terrapins. My goals are to stay with Maryland and take them from a mediocre team to one of the powerhouses in college football and maybe get a few national championships on the way.

Why Maryland?
I wanted to use a BCS program that had a recent coaching hire so that I was not taking a head coach out a job just so happens that Randy Edsall was the lucky or not so lucky guy as you will see in my team preview in the next post.

Settings
Difficulty: Heisman
Sliders: No changes
(unless someone has some good ones they want to suggest)
Recruiting: Heisman
Quarter Length: 7 minutes

I will also be doing Create-a-Recruits however I won't start with putting them in until Season 2 so PM with the information below if you want to be a recruit.

Information
First Name:
Last Name:
Position:
Handedness:
Home State:
High School:
Year:

Appearance
Height:
Weight:
Skin Tone:
Face:
Build Specifics (Arm, chest, Belly, Rear, Thigh, Calf, Feet):
Equipment Specifics (Helmet, Neck Pads, Shoulder Pad Height, Sleeves, ect.):

Player Tendency -

Give me 3 Strengths and 3 Weaknesses -

Any suggestions just post them. I want to make this a fun experience not only for myself but for readers as well...Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

Re: Maryland Terrapins: Fear the Turtle

Maryland Terrapins Team History

Maryland Terrapins 2011 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Sep 5vs MiamiWon, 31-28
Sep 17vs West VirginiaWon, 48-42
Sep 24vs TempleWon, 34-31
Oct 1vs TowsonWon, 84-10
Oct 8at Georgia Tech
Oct 15vs Clemson
Oct 22at Florida State
Oct 29vs Boston College
Nov 5vs Virginia
Nov 12vs Notre Dame
Nov 19at Wake Forest
Nov 26at NC State

Last edited by thekid56; 07-29-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

NCCA & ACC Dynasty History

college football banner.png

2011 National Champion

heisman winner.png

acc banner.png

Conference Champions

Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

College Football Recruits

Class of 2013
Matt Madden

Position: QB
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 230 lbs.
Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland
Tendency: Pocket Passer
Interested Schools:

Class of 2014

Last edited by thekid56; 07-29-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

Maryland Terps Tracker

Edsall Resigns

Newly hired head football coach Randy Edsall of the University of Maryland was struck in the head by a foul ball during last nights Baltimore Orioles game against the Boston Red Sox. Edsall while sitting behind the Orioles dug-out was caught at unawares and hit by the ball on the side of the head. A trip to the emergency room revealed that the injury was more serious than what was diagnosed at the game, the ball apparently triggered a brain aneurysm. The injury has resulted in no serious life threatening issues in day to day life however doctors advised Edsall to resign from his head coaching position because of the stress that might be caused and re-aggravate the aneurysm. Edsall turned in his resignation a day later.

Terps Have Their Man

After a country wide search due to Randy Edsall's resignation, Maryland Football finally has a new man at the helm. Clayton Lambright, a former Maryland Terp, who will take over the head coaching duties for the university.

Lambright, the 29 year old former back-up QB, looks to step into the head coaching role with great anticipation. "I've been coaching high school ball ever since I left Maryland and I couldn't have dreamed of a better way to come back to school than as the Head Coach of the Terps." As Lambright mentioned he coached prep school St. Luke's to 4 state titles in just 6 years as head coach.

Coach Clayton Lambright's File
Born: May 5, 1982
Place of Birth: Annapolis, MD
College: University of Maryland
Offensive Playbook: Multiple
Defensive Playbook: 4-3

Two Seniors Leave Team

Recent reports have surfaced that former starting quarter-back Jamarr Robinson and back-up linebacker Ben Pooler have left the team. Reasons were not giving for the departures but speculation for Robinson's departure must be due to Danny O'Brien's emergence as a star last season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

Maryland Terrapins Team Preview

New Head Coach, One Bright Vision

Newly hired head coach Clayton Lambright made a few promises to Terps' fans, "Myself as well as the rest of my staff, our current players, those who have played at this fine university in the past and the future players who come to Maryland are going to be completely dedicated to bringing home an ACC conference title which we haven't been able to accomplish in 10 years......Not only that however I'm here to bring a third national title to this great school, that may be a few years down the road, but I won't settle, I won't rest until there is another national championship trophy at Maryland. With the support the university has given me thus far I see a very bright future where not only some of the best players in the nation come to play at Maryland but also we will be remembered as having some of the best teams to ever play the game." His response to a question about what were his plans concerning recruiting for the program, "My plan is to first lock down Maryland and get the best players from the state to come to our school we don't want any of them leaving, then we're going to work on taking over this Mid-Atlantic sea-board. I want a strong presence in Virginia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and so on. We have a nice base in Georgia and I want to keep that open as a pipe-line as well."

OFFENSIVE PREVIEW

danny obrein banner.png

Returning to lead the offense is ACC Rookie of the Year Danny O'Brien the redshirt sophomore who threw for 2400 yards 22 TDs and only 8 picks looks to improve upon those numbers because the offense will go as he goes. Senior running back Davin Meggett will look to have a big year as he will have to help keep the chains moving so O'Brien can keep on throwing. The big three for Maryland at the wide receiver positions are Ronnie Tyler, Quintin McCree, and Kevin Dorsey. There should be enough balls to go around for each player to be above 40 receptions by the end of the season if all goes according to plan. At tight end junior Matt Furstenburg looks not only to help in the run game but to be a viable receiver as well in the passing game. The left side of the line has experience on there side with 6'7" 300 pound redshirt junior left tackle RJ Dill holding down the blind side, with redshirt senior Andrew Gonnella beside him. Bennett Fulper the 6'4" 295 pound junior will anchor the line at the center spot. The right side of the line belongs to sophomores Pete White and Nick Klemm. If this group is able to provide O'Brien with some time in the pocket look out the Terps could be putting up points in bunches.

Defensive Preview

kenny tate banner.png

Justin Anderson and Isaiah Ross will be playing defensive end this year, while neither is a superior pass rusher they have the size 265 pounds and 255 pounds respectively to be forces in the run game. At defensive tackle Joe Vellano and A.J. Francis look to control the middle. The line-backer corp is made up of junior Darin Drakeford who is more of a run stopper type of player at outside line-backer on the other side is balanced Demetrius Hartsfield while sophomore middle linebacker David Mackall is probably the fastest of the group. The starting corner-backs are highly experienced with seniors Cameron Chism and Trenton Hughes. The star of the defense is 6'4" 220 pound free safety Kenny Tate, he will need to be all over the field if the Terps are to have a good defense, he has great hands and once he gets a ball look out it could be going to the house, as well as being able to step up and defend the run. Sophomore Matt Robinson mans the strong safety spot and will perhaps move over to take over for Tate after he graduates himself being a Tate lite type of player.

Schedule

Maryland's first four games are all at home where they will play talented Miami and West Virginia if they are able to squeak out two wins here the Terps have a good shot at a ten win season. The first away game against Georgia Tech will be a test of how well the team can play away from home as they will need it in their toughest game of the season against Florida State. If at this point the Terps have 5 or 6 wins it should be a little easier with games against Boston College and Virginia at home followed with a home game against Notre Dame. They wrap up the season on the road against Wake Forest and NC State.

Last edited by thekid56; 07-29-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #7
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

Could Oklahoma be overhyped? Possibly but with Landry Jones throwing to Ryan Broyles anything could happen especially when there's a solid team around them.
NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Aug 26, 2011
RKTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
1Oklahoma00
2Alabama00
3Stanford00
4LSU00
5Oregon00
6Ohio State00
7Oklahoma State00
8Boise State00
9Texas A&M00
10Florida State00
11Wisconsin00
12Auburn00
13South Carolina00
14TCU00
15Michigan State00
16Nebraska00
17Virginia Tech00
18Arkansas00
19Mississippi State00
20Florida00
21Notre Dame00
22Texas00
23Missouri00
24NC State00
25Arizona00

heisman winner.png
After Cam Newton stole the show last year who knows who will win the Heisman is it someone on this list or could it be a star waiting to emerge?
Heisman Watch - Updated: Aug 26, 2011
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Andrew LuckQBStanford
Kellen MooreQBBoise State
LaMichael JamesHBOregon
Denard RobinsonQBMichigan
Justin BlackmonWROklahoma State

Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #8
Rookie

thekid56's Arena

Matchup Preview | September 5, 2011
@
Miami (FL) Hurricanes
(0-0, 0-0 Away)

Maryland Terrapins
(0-0, 0-0 Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Maryland kicks off the season with ACC conference foe Miami. This is a battle of two of the most experienced quarterbacks in the ACC.

Cam leads Terps against "The U"

cam chism return.jpg
Many of the experts were picking Miami to narrowly beat Maryland on the road. Well they were right about a narrow victory, however it was the Terrapins who came away with the win.

The Hurricanes came out and played dominating defense on the first possession holding Davin Meggett to only 4 yards on 3 carries and forced a three and out. After the team's traded possessions and punts, Miami started the scoring with a long drive made up of mostly Jacory Harris passes and capped off with a 2 yard pass to Ben Ayles. Maryland used the same strategy and put the ball in the hands of star quarterback Danny O'Brien. O'Brien found Quintin McCree in the end zone for a 1 yard TD pass. Miami then came right back and put up another scoring drive behind Lamar Miller's feet ending only 48 seconds later with a 9 yard TD run. Maryland's run game wasn't working but Cameron Chism was ready to go in the return game taking the kick to the house for a 98 yard TD run.

The second quarter saw both defenses clamp down. Both team's traded picks once and then a second time as corner-back Trenton Hughes saved a score by picking Harris off in the end zone as neither team was able to score until there was less than two minutes on the clock. Miami's defense again forced a three and out as they were completely stifling and Jacory Harris got to work finishing off a drive with a 6 yard TD pass with a minute and a half to go. Danny O then showed why he had been named the ACC Rookie of the Year last season by leading the team on a 68 yard drive that ended with a 7 yard TD pass to Kevin Dorsey with only 6 seconds remaining.

Once again both team's defenses came out and shut out the opposing offenses on the first possessions of the half. Jacory Harris showed some more flashes of why many people thought he would be a great quarterback leading the Hurricanes down the field and finishing with a 4 yard TD pass to Travis Benjamin. On the ensuing kick-off Cam Chism took back another kick this time a 93 yard score to tie up the game at 28 a piece.

The fourth quarter was all defense as neither team was able to move the ball very well until on the last possession of the game Danny O'Brien once more showed why he is going to be a future star don't be surprised if this kid starts bringing home some awards in the next few years with leading a drive down the field and setting up a game-winning field goal from 23 yards by Nick Ferrara.

With that field goal new head coach Clayton Lambright was able to get his first victory in his first game which the Terps fans hope he can keep up all season long.

Clayton Lambright Thoughts
"I think tonight was a good first victory but when you aren't able to run the ball at all you aren't going to be able to win very many more games. If Cam wasn't able to get those two kick returns we wouldn't have had a chance at winning."

Sep 5, 2011 - MIA at TERP
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Miami (0-0)1477028
Maryland (0-0)1477331
Team Stats Comparison
MIA
TERP
340Total Offense270
26-120Rushing Yards16- (-13)
220Passing Yards283
14First Downs15
35Punt Return Yards14
133Kick Return Yards255
508Total Yards539
2Turnovers2
3-93rd Down Converstion7-12
1-14th Down Conversion1-1
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
4-4-0Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-2-1
0-0Penalties0-0
13:30Posession Time14:30
Miami Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
J. Harris164.015/242203/214.6
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
L. Miller181357.5125
J. Harris 4-30-7.500
M. James4153.708
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
T. Benjamin4358.7121
M. Hagens382.616
B. Ayles33411.3118
DEFENSIVETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
K. Rodgers71100
M. Regis52000
L. Chambers70100
KICKINGFGM/APCTLONGXPM/APTS
J. Wieclaw0/0--4/44
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
J. Wieclaw415639.010
KICK RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
L. Miller410927.2320
T. Benjamin12424.0240
PUNT RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
L. Miller33511.6130
Maryland Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
D. O'Brien133.423/372832/212.3
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
D. Meggett9202.205
D.O'Brien7-33-4.7010
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
K. Dorsey812015.0153
Q. McCree6508.3120
T. Logan56112.2020
DEFENSIVETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
D. Mackall60000
C. Chism60010
T. Hughes60110
KICKINGFGM/APCTLONGXPM/APTS
N. Ferrara1/1100244/47
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
N. Ferrara418746.710
KICK RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
C. Chism525551.0982
PUNT RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
K. Tate3144.6130

Last edited by thekid56; 07-30-2011 at 12:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »