Home

The Music City Miracle - Titans Franchise (Madden 12)

This is a discussion on The Music City Miracle - Titans Franchise (Madden 12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
MVP

Adam14's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Music City Miracle - Titans Franchise (Madden 12)

Old 09-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Preseason | Week One
VS

The first preseason game is in the books and the Titans are off to a solid start. Matt Hasselbeck got the start and impressed in one quarter of play, going eight-of-eleven for eighty-one yards. Rookie Jake Locker stepped in for the second quarter and looked a bit shaky at first completing just one of his first three attempts, but settled in nicely afterwards. He would finish four-of-eight for forty-nine yards and a gorgeous touchdown throw to Jared Cook to give the Titans a 14-0 lead in the first half. Javon Ringer, starting for Chris Johnson, struggled, but his two backups did not. Second year pro Stafon Johnson, who missed the entire 2010 campaign only handled the ball six times, but racked up an impressive sixty-three yards. Rookie Jamie Harper took most of the second half snaps with seventeen carries for 100 yards.

Defensively the talk was about tackle Shaun Smith. Smith racked up four tackles and three sacks in the 17-14 victory. They also intercepted the Vikings three times [1 McNabb, 2 Webb] with Jason McCourty, Peter Ittersagen, and Cortland Finnegan all recording interceptions.

Next week the Titans travel to St. Louis to take on the Rams who won their preseason opener last week as well.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Preseason | Week Two
VS

Week two of the preseason is in the books and the Titans are down to 1-1 following a 20-17 loss to St. Louis. Unlike a week ago, both quarterbacks struggled, each throwing two interceptions in the loss. Jake Locker had signs of looking impressive, but overall, did not appear to be on the same page as his receivers. Chris Johnson, in his first game since signing his extension, had seventy-one on just thirteen carries and their lone offensive touchdown. Linebacker Rennie Curran was the highlight of the Titans returning an interception 101 yards for a touchdown late in the second quarter to tie the game at seven.

Halfway through the preseason, head coach Mike Munchak has elected to make a few small changes in the offense before their third game against Chicago on Friday. He has elected to start Jake Locker for the last two games. He also stated he would start tight end Jared Cook for the final two games as well.

In other news, with the lackluster performance of Eugene Amano (who has had four holding calls in two games) the Titans agreed to terms with veteran Shaun O'Hara on a one year contract. Fernando Velasco was released to make room for O'Hara.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Preseason | Week Three
VS

Another game, another loss for the Titans. However, it's preseason, and overall, the showing wasn't not that bad. Jake Locker, receiving the start, looked exceptional for a rookie. Playing the entire first half, Locker had 133 yards and a touchdown on 10-of-16 throwing. He did get sacked twice, but looked very mobile in the backfield and did not look flustered whatsoever. The rushing game struggled against a tough defense, which in turn, ended up costing the Titans the victory. Up 17-14 late in the fourth quarter, the Titans couldn't control the clock, giving the ball back to Chicago with just under three minutes left. Caleb Hanie led the Bears on a game winning drive to seal the Titans fate, 21-17.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Preseason | Week Four
VS

The Titans closed their preseason by doubling up the New Orleans Saints, 34-17. Although most starters were pulled from the contest on both sides, head coach Mike Munchak elected to let Jake Locker play the entire first half, and Locker played exceptionally well. He went nine-of-fifteen for 145 yards and two touchdowns, both to Kenny Britt.

Despite the impressive close to the preseason, Munchak made sure everyone was aware, there was no competition at the quarterback position. "We feel like although Jake has played well this preseason, we should continue with the veteran leadership of Matt Hasselbeck to start the regular season."

Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
MVP

Adam14's Arena

So.. some bad news (not horrible, but bad). It appears my draft classes will not work. All I ever get when I upload them is a Generated Class without any of the college players. I've acquired six years of classes from someone on here, so I can still have some real players involved. Unfortunately, what happens is all of the players in my BC dynasty won't necessarily transfer over. This includes all the created prospects. I'll continue to play the BC dynasty and if a patch is made, start using my classes down the road (probably after 3 or 4 years), but for now, I'm stuck with someone else's classes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
MVP

Adam14's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »