Home

Update the Banner: The Redskins Franchise (Madden 12)

This is a discussion on Update the Banner: The Redskins Franchise (Madden 12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Update the Banner: The Redskins Franchise (Madden 12)

2012 Top Free Agent Signings

Fred Jackson HB (NYJ)
Daryl Washington MLB (DAL)
Jared Gaither LT (KC)
Plaxico Burress WR (ARI)
Steve Smith WR (CIN)
Anquan Boldin WR (MIN)
Carlos Rogers CB (SEA)
Andy Studebaker LOLB (PHI)
Alex Smith QB (SF)
Jordy Nelson WR (NE)
Old 12-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #10
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

2012 Free Agent Signings

Jon Ryan P: The leagues best punter from last season is snatched up relatively cheap. Along with the vastly improved Graham Gano this years special teams could play a big role.

Jerricho Cotchery WR: Adds some much needed depth to this lifeless reciving corps.

Jacob Hester FB: Coming off a Pro Bowl season with the Chargers, Hester is now the highest paid fullback in the NFL.

Jamaan Wheeler CB: After going undrafted last year, the Raiders picked him up and he had a decent season. Scoring 3 picks and taking one to the house. Sadly Oakland found no need to resign him. Their loss is our gain as I see him as a future starter.

Drayton Florence CB: Veteran corner that's proven to be reliable, something we desperately needed last season.

Juqua Parker LE: A decent insurance policy.

Stephen Paea DT: Young and motivated, I can see him competing and maybe winning a spot as starter.

Andre Carter RE: After a year with New England, he's back in the fold to help lead this relatively young defense.

Shann Schillinger FS: Hard hitter that can become a solid back up, but can prove more useful jacking up kick returners.

Graham Harrell QB: Learning behind a top five QB and Super Bowl MVP in Aaron Rodgers sure helped his chances. After showing flashes of potential last season he will have a shot at his first starting job.

Rob Housler TE: Fast and tall, this kid has potential to become a real threat. And perhaps have Chris Cooley looking over his shoulder.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #11
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

2012 Notable Draft Selections

QB Andrew Luck: Round 1, Pick 1 Stanford OAK
QB Robert Griffin III: Round 1, Pick 3 Baylor MIA
QB Brandon Weeden: Round 1, Pick 10 Oklahoma St. BUF
LOLB Jerry Franklin: Round 1, Pick 2 Arkansas CHI
HB Chris Polk: Round 1, Pick 20 Washington DEN
CB Gary Gray: Round 1, Pick 32 Notre Dame PIT
C Michael Brewster: Round 1, Pick 6 Ohio State CIN
WR Michael Floyd: Round 3, Pick 79 Notre Dame BAL
SS Brandon Taylor: Round 1, Pick 7 LSU NE
HB Trent Richardson: Round 1, Pick 25 Alabama ARI

Last edited by DJG; 12-31-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

Redskins 2012 Draft Class

Rd 1, Pick 9/Derek Moye WR Penn State: The nations top wideout last year, Derek Moye was a no brainer pick up that now takes this receiving corps up another level. He's a tall, fast target that's unlike anyone this teams had before. Only things of concern is his history with being injury prone. Hopefully in time & with the right conditioning that could change. Draws many comparisons to Plaxico Burress as far as being the go-to guy in clutch situations. With the right QB he can flourish.

Rd 2, Pick 41/Terence Brown C BYU: A mammoth of a man who looked NFL ready early in his college career. He's arguably the strongest offensive lineman in the draft. While he's not expected to play right away thanks to the resigning of Shaun O'Hara, there's no reason why he doesn't have a shot at starting sooner rather than later.

Rd 3, Pick 73/Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin: He made a name for himself after the magical one & only season as a Badger. Resulting in a record breaking season, the first ever Big Ten Championship game victory & a Rose Bowl birth. While he doesn't have a big NFL arm, his quick feet & deadly accuracy could carry over. It may take time for him to adjust to the speed of the NFL, but it may be well worth it to take him this late in the draft.

Rd 4, Pick 105/Johnny Adams CB Michigan St.: He's had a average year but still there's potential in him to help with this teams youth movement at corner. He's great at zone coverage but could falter when it comes to man-to-man. He also must focus on his speed if he wants to cover the more elusive wideouts. With dedication he could develop to a solid shutdown corner.

Rd 5, Pick 137/Mickey Okafor RT Texas Tech: Big height along with just a real highly motivated spirit is what got Okafor picked. After sustaining a concussion to begin the season last year, he recovered to put up a solid season. While he sometimes struggles with his hands he is still a smart lineman who in time will be able to pick up the skills to avoid big penalties. For now, he's a young back up.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

2012 Preseason Scores

vs PIT L 10-21
@ TEN W 16-13
vs DET W 28-18
@ KC L 21-24
Old 12-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #14
Rookie

Quackjack29's Arena

OVR: 3

As a die-hard Steeler fan, let me give you a fair warning

Do NOT trust Cotchery! I have tried to use him, but he is to inconsistent and lacks a good game i.q. Now he sits in God knows what string in New England. I picked up T.O. and put Sanders ahead of him, but that's just me. I would try for a better backup... try bringing Donte back, he's pretty good from what i've seen

Fan of:
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
NBA- Miami Heat
NHL- Calgary Flames
MLB- Tampa Bay Rays
NASCAR- Kevin Harvick
Old 12-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

Top 5 Questions of 2012 Season

Plenty of story lines to follow during the beginning of this promising season.

5. Which QB's from the 2012 QB Class will breakout?: Being regarded as the best QB Class since the infamous '83 class is a lot to live up to. With three rookie QB's starting on Week 1 (Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Landry Jones), as well as other big names like RG3 & Brandon Weeden waiting in the wings, this could be the year of the rookie QB. The big question however is which one of these players will prove to be the leader of this class? Many peoples money is on the first overall pick Andrew Luck, or will it be some one no one has expected? Anything can happen in this league so it will be fun to see how this unfolds.

4. Who's will lead the Lions, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matthew Stafford?: After being bit by the injury bug again last season, the Lions decided that they needed an insurance policy. So as fast as you can say "Like a good neighbor" Ryan Fitzpatrick was there. After solid performances with the Bills the last two years, the Lions picked him up with the hopes that they wont be caught with their pants down like last year. It's all simple right? Well not so much, as many could say that Fitz out performed Stafford during the preseason. Despite this Stafford remains the starter, but now the Motor City is divided in their loyalties at QB. If the Lions are in trouble & Stafford shows more of the same, will Fitz be put in not just to be a back up but to replace him all together? This situation directly will result in the fate of a coach in this next question...

3. Which coach will get off the hot seat?: After some shocking results from last year, this year will prove to be make or break for many head coaches. The most likely to get off the hot seat? The man who isn't normally on it, Bill Belichick. The Pats picked in the top ten of this years draft not because they traded up, but because they had a bad season. After a good haul that's revamped their D & kept Brady happy with weapons, will the Pats return to form or is this the end of an era? Meanwhile others such as the Lions Jim Schwartz, the Chiefs Todd Hailey, & the Bucs Raheem Norris have all underachieved last season. If they don’t produce this year expect big changes for these franchises.

2. Can the Packers survive without Aaron Rodgers?: After a down year during their Super Bowl title defense, the Packers were poised to be the team to beat once again in the NFC. That is until Aaron Rodgers suffered a fractured toe during the third preseason game against the Raiders. He’s slated to be out for 6 weeks, meaning back Matt Flynn will be the starter for now. During their Super Bowl season when Rodgers was out Flynn had a pretty good showing against the Patriots. He’s a young talent that many believe should be a starter for this league anyways. Will his skills be enough to carry this team until A-Rod returns?

1. Are the Steelers in the midst of another dynasty?: After winning their third Super Bowl in six years, 7th overall, the Steelers look to be in the middle of another dynasty. Big Ben secured his spot as one of the great QB’s of all time with his clutch performances in the playoffs. The defense is hitting on all cylinders as well as this team having the only African American two-time Super Bowl winning head coach Mike Tomlin. Despite the offensive line being ravaged with injuries, this team is the front runner for winning Super Bowl XLVII. They have the experience & the will to win in any way possible. Winning another one would put this eras Steelers right up there with the ‘70’s Steelers as far as history is concerned.

Last edited by DJG; 12-31-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #16
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack29
As a die-hard Steeler fan, let me give you a fair warning

Do NOT trust Cotchery! I have tried to use him, but he is to inconsistent and lacks a good game i.q. Now he sits in God knows what string in New England. I picked up T.O. and put Sanders ahead of him, but that's just me. I would try for a better backup... try bringing Donte back, he's pretty good from what i've seen
I can already tell ya Jericho Cotchery will not be a vocal point as far as the passing game goes. With Santana & Hankerson in along with Derek Moye who more than likely will start beside Moss, Cotchery will be in the back burner. He's not like he once was with the Jets but at the same time I don't expect much from him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »