Home

Madden NFL 12 Washington Redskins Franchise (Offline)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Washington Redskins Franchise (Offline) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden NFL 12 Washington Redskins Franchise (Offline)

Washington Redskins 2011 Recap
After an impressive season for Shanahan and the Redskins, finishing the 2011 season (Simulated) at 9-7, and eventually losing to the 2nd place Seattle Seahwaks in the divisional round, it also had the team thinking that it still wasn't good enough.

Shanahan spoke after the Seattle loss last season, "Our one and only goal is to win a super bowl, and staggering in the playoffs is not gonna cut it." He continued, "There are still many holes on this team and our primary goal next year as well will be to win the super bowl. We here in Washington, the coaches, the players, the owner, and the fans all look forward to becoming a contender for years to come and anything besides that is unnacceptable! We're gonna come back next season and put on a helluva show!"
2012 Offseason
Owner, Daniel Snyder, spoke out to the fans once the offseason started letting the fans know what is in store for this offseason. "Last year our O-line showed inconsistensy and will really be looked to be solidified in this years draft. Our scouts have been working hard to find some talented young linemen to come in here next year and bolster the line right away. Our passing attack was very weak last year with McNabb only throwing 13 TD passes. It's clear that we need not only a QB that we can rely on, but we also need some weapons to throw to. Reciever and Tight End will be highly sought after this offseason whether through the draft or free agency. On our defense we could really use some quality corners to help us out, although we are comfortable back there with Landry and Atogwe at safety, our corner need will likely be supplied through free agency. With Orakpo and Kerrigan moved to the d-line and the Veteran and leadership presence gone, with the retirement of London Fletcher, in this years draft we are looking to get the next big star at the linbacker position."

Key re-signings:
WR Santana Moss
MLB Rocky McIntosh
WR Anthony Armstrong
TE Fred Davis
SS Laron Landry

Key losses:
CB Deangelo Hall
CB Carlos Rodgers

Key Free Agent signings:
HB Darren Sproles
WR Steve Smith (Panthers)
CB Aaron Ross
QB Alex Smith
MLB Ej Henderson
CB Mike Jenkins
P Sam Koch

Shanahan on WR Smith: "I am really glad we snagged a player of his caliber this year in free agency and I do believe he has two or three more great years in him and they will be for this franchise."

WR Smith on Redskins: "This is exactly where I wanted to land and I got a nice contract to finish my career here in the capitol. Hell everyone know I don't like to run anymore (laughs) and gladly we brought in Alex Smith to throw me those short balls. I'll leave the runnin to the younger guys."

Shanahan on QB Smith: "I was surprised to see San Fran let him go because in the past year, he has improved. He is the perfect guy for our QB job being raised in a similar system and he is key to what we are trying to accomplish here in Washington."

QB Smith on Redskins: "I'm happy to be here in a system where I feel that I can come right in and have success. I respect Mike as a coach and I feel honored to have the oppurtunity to come in here and learn under him. I look forward to them getting me some new weapons to throw it to."
Draft Recap
Washington traded out of the first round giving up their 25th pick to the Eagles as they looked to acquring more late picks to draft "their guys".

Key Draft picks:

2nd rd WR Deveon Greene Florida State
2nd rd LG Jordin Crusoe Penn State
3rd rd C Jamarcus Akuna Sam Houston
3rd rd ROLB Vorheese Brown Mississippi State
4th rd RG Benton Ramsey Eastern Michigan
4th rd RT Ja'mario James Virginia Tech
5th rd TE Doran Green

It was apparent that owner Daniel Snyder wasn't joking about drafting offensive linemen, he drafted four new potential starters on that line! Here is what Snyder had to say about the draft.

"We picked many key players that we are looking forward to help meet our goal. We missed on a few oppurtunities. We weren't able to get the Halfback we wanted and the Guard Beau Campbell, but we feel that Ramsey was also a great option and that he will provide dividends for our franchise. Overall we had a great offseason."
Draft Grade-A

Shanahan on 2012 season: "Here it is! time to look at what we got ahead of us in the preseason. Let's play some footbal."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 12 Washington Redskins Franchise (Offline)

Rich Eisen invited the Washington Redskins draft class to talk on his podcast show this week and they are of course talking football.

Deveon Greene:

Rich Eisen:
"I'm here with this years top pick of the Washington Redskins, Deveon Greene. Now Deveon, this offseason the team picked up Steve Smith from Carolina in free agency, with this signing, how do you feel you fit into the system?"

Deveon Greene:
"Rich, let me put it simply, I don't know or think I could ever live up to what Steve Smith has done, but I do take football very seriously. I believe and the players around me are starting to believe that I am going to be a threat to any opposing team on day one."

Rich Eisen:
"There are fans worried about your off the field troubles you had in college, what would you say to them?"

Greene:
"Kids make mistakes and I made mistakes, I grew from them. I highly doubt that I will cause any problems here with the Redskins organization, I'm just here to play football and perform for my team, anything beyond that would be foolish for me."

Doran Green:

Rich Eisen:
"Now Doran, you are going to be looked upon as the play-making Tight End in Washington, how do you think you will fair in this league with the added pressure of carrying an offense and what do you think you bring to the team?"

Doran Green:
"Hey, you know, I just gotta do what I gotta do. I labeled myself a play-maker back when I was playing pop warner as a kid. I know that I can succeed anywhere and I am glad to have it be with the Redskins. I bring hands, speed, and mismatches to opposing defenses."

Rich Eisen:
"Well thank you to both Doran Green and Deveon Greene. I wish you luck on the season. Thanks for being on the show."
Old 01-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3

The tables that weren't working, were they the generator tables like the draft table and depth chart table and stuff like that in the football section?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Icon8 Re: Madden NFL 12 Washington Redskins Franchise (Offline)

Yeah I was trying to put power rankings for the season and I was using the tables but when I previed the post the table worked fine just not when I actually posted it. :/
Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't know if you were or not, but when you cop the code, all you have to do is paste it in the text box on your thread, you don't have to put any [code] tags or whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »