Home

Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
The Pac-16

This will be a dynasty covering all the teams from the new, Pac-16 conference I have created. I like to follow Psyblast's Stanford Cardinal dynasty, and really liked the conference set ups he had. So I will take his conference set up, and cover all Pac-16 teams. I will be doing previews, game recaps, and other updates for every single team. The goal will be to end the SEC's 6 year run at a BCS national championship game, and help make the Pac-16 the best conference. I have tough, realistic sliders so it will be hard to do, but will be fun.

This will be done by me playing every single game for each team. For out of conference games I will control the Pac-16 team and try and beat the other opponent. For in conference games I will just control both offensive teams.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

Re: The Pac-16

PAC-16 Created With 4 New Conference Members

Commissioner Larry Scott announces his new conference.

It is possibly the dream of some college football fans, and the nightmare for others. But nonetheless, the first super conference has been created. Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott, announced the change earlier this morning, adding 4 new members to the conference. Those lucky 4 are the Boise State Broncos, Brigham Young Cougars, Nevada Wolf pack, San Diego State Aztecs.

With these 4 additions, the former Pac-12 is now known as the Pac-16 and could possibly be the most powerful conference in the Football Bowl Subdivision. Even Larry Scott would admit, that the move to 12 teams was a little dissapointing. Utah and Colorado didn't add much success last year, and the Southeastern Conference dominated the college football world, having 2 members in the BCS championship game, and winning a 6th consecutive championship.

"We've been looking at the success the SEC has had, and we knew we wanted that. The winning, the ratings, the teams, they're all great in the SEC. But with adding these 4 teams were increasing the competitive level in the conference, and raising eyebrows. Everyone wants to see how the Pac-16 will work out."

This isn't the first time Pac-16 Commissioner Larry Scott tried to form a super conference though, as he was unsuccessful last year attempting to add powerhouses, Oklahoma and Texas, along with Baylor and Texas Tech. When asked why on the 4 new teams, Scott said he looked at location and consistency.

"Obviously we wanted to reach new media markets, while adding better football teams. The Pac-16 is finally reaching Nevada, and Idaho while adding two great football teams. Also, the fantastic rivalry, 'the Holy War' will be all new to our conference this year. Having 2 teams located in Utah really adds some old, clean-fashion hate that we love to see. And finally San Diego State adds to our great supply of California teams, and the Aztecs add to the San Diego market, which we have been looking at for a while.

With 16 teams now, Boise State and BYU join the Northern Division, while San Diego State and Nevada will try to compete in the Southern Division.

The new Pac-16 is a risk, and the results will be seen on the field. If the Pac-16 fields a competitive super conference, then the college football world will be glued to their TVs. If not, then expect the SEC to keep on steamrolling the rest of the nation.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
MVP

Pac-16 Preview

With interviews from each coach, we preview the brand new Pac-16.

North Division

#1 Stanford Cardinal

MLB Shayne Skov (96 ovr.)
HB Stepfan Taylor (94)

Interview with 2nd year Head Coach, David Shaw

Q: After back to back 2nd place finishes in the conference, and consecutive BCS bowl berths, what are the expectations going into this season.

A: Well first thing's first, we need to win this conference. Oregon has not only beat us the last two years, but they won the whole conference. We have had trouble with the Ducks before, but it is about time we win the Pac-16. And after that, it's obviously to become BCS national champions. I mean, we're pre-season #1 for a reason, right?

Q: Andrew Luck is gone? How does this effect your team?

A: Not as much as you'd think. We're a run first football team, with a great offensive line, a star half back in Stepfan Taylor, and QB Josh Nunes isn't that far off from how good Andrew was. Maybe not as NFL ready, but I have 100% confidence in Josh.

#3 Boise State Broncos

CB Jamar Taylor (90)
WR Chris Potter (89)

Interview 7th year Head Coach, Chris Petersen

Q: Finally, Boise State is in the spotlight, now headed to a super conference, and no longer a BCS buster. How do you expect your team to transition?

A: I expect to do well. Yes, we haven't experienced the week to week grind yet, but we have played and beaten several teams in the Pac-16 before. Oregon, Oregon State, Nevada, San Diego State, are all previous wins for us. We always hear how we can't make it in a big time conference, but we think that we'll prove ourselves this season.

Q: The winningest quarterback of all time, Kellen Moore is gone. How do you replace such a leader?

A: Well you have to do it with more than one player. You know, QB Joe Southwick will replace him at the position, but we can't expect him to be Kellen. Nobody will ever be like him again. We need all of our team leaders to step up this year. For us, Senior WR Chris Potter and our other veteran wide receivers are taking large leadership roles to help Joe out this year.

#6 Oregon Ducks

HB Kenjon Barner (95)
FS John Boyett (93)

Interview with 4th year Head Coach, Chip Kelly.

Q: No more LaMichael James, no more Darron Thomas. What should we expect from this offense?

A: Hopefully the same production. But it will be with a different style. We expect Kenjon Barner to be just as important and as good as LaMichael was for us, but at QB we're changing our style. Much less read options and QB runs. QB Bryan Bennett isn't as fast as Darron was, and he'll be much more of a pocket passer.

Q: The league certainly got better, how much harder will it be to defend your conference title?

A: Much, much tougher. Nobody is a cupcake, and even just our division is nuts this year. We're only ranked third, and if we can get past teams like Stanford, Boise State, then we're met with Utah and USC in the other division. We're still gunning for that 4th consecutive conference title, but it will certainly be more difficult.

#33 Washington Huskies

HB Chris Polk (96)
FS Nate Fuller (91)

Interview with 4th year Head Coach, Steve Sarkisian

Q: With Keith Price and Chris Polk back, this offense certainly looks dangerous. What do you expect from the offense?

A: While we have a lot of thrilling, fast paced offenses in this league, we still think we can be the best, most efficient offense in the conference. We showcased that in last year's Alamo Bowl against Baylor. We expect offensive performances like that, week in, and week out.

Q: It's the pre season and your ranked 4th in the stacked North division. What do you have to do to crack at least the top 3, or maybe get into the conference championship game?

A: Well, our offense needs to play like last year's Alamo Bowl loss, while our defense does the exact opposite. Oregon, and Stanford will light up defenses that don't show up. But with players like FS Nate Fuller and CB Desmond Trufant, I think we'll do just fine.

#39 Brigham Young Cougars

MLB Uona Kaveinga (90)
QB Jake Heaps (90)

Interview with 8th year Head Coach, Bronco Mendenhall

Q: Just like all the new members, we're wondering how your team will deal from typically playing in less competitive conferences and games, from now joining the first super conference?

A: I'm confident is this team's ability to be very competitive in the Pac-16. I not only expect us to finish in the top half of this division, but to challenge for a spot in the championship game, and get a bowl game.

Q: Jake Heaps returns and so does his number one wideout, Cody Hoffman. What type of results are you expecting from your Air Raid this season?

A: Lots and lots of points. Last year we played Utah, a Pac-16 team, and we had something like 7 turnovers. But I think we've learned from that experience and Jake Heaps will be more poised in big games like that one. We should be one of the top offenses in the conference.

#55 Oregon State Beavers

LE Andrew Seumalo (92)
QB Ryan Katz (89)

Interview with 12th year Head Coach Mike Riley

Q: You look at the type of success your in state rival Oregon has had in this conference. What can you do to be as successful as the Ducks?

A: Just be more consistent. Too often we don't show up, and then when we do come to play, we look like a top twenty football team. We can't play like we did against Sacramento State, or even Oregon and expect to compete in this conference.

Q: With all these high flying offenses in the conference, what do you expect from your defense?

A: Our secondary will be tested, and I'm interested to see how they'll respond. But LE Andrew Seumalo will help get get after QBs in this league, and our linebackers will be tough to run on. I don't think we'll be giving up many 40 point games this season.

#66 California Golden Bears

HB Isi Sofele (89)
CB Josh Hill (88)

Interview with 11th year Head Coach, Jeff Tedford

Q: There are some concerns with your job security heading into this season. Are you concerned? And what type of season do you need to have?

A: I'm not focused on all that talk. I hear stuff like that all the time. The criticism just motivates me and my team. But we definitely need to improve, and that would mean a winning season, and a bowl game. Ending the season without a bowl game invitation is unacceptable.

Q: While only 5-7, and 188 pounds, will Isi Sofele have to carry the load this season?

A: He may be small, but he's capable of it. Until we can improve our passing game, Isi may have to carry 25 times a game. But still we have other playmakers on offense like WR Keenan Allen who can carry some of the burden. Isi's a great player, and he'll be fine.

#72 Washington State Cougars

CB Nolan Washington (93)
HB Ricky Galvin (91)

Interview with 1st year Head Coach, Mike Leach

Q: Do you think the Cougars have the necessary tools to run your Air Raid offense this season and be successful?

A: Yes I do. In fact, this team was built for the Air Raid in my opinion. QB Jeff Tuel is a very smart leader, and he's got the weapons to run this offense. WR Marquess Wilson was one of the best in the Pac-12 last year, and I think he'll flourish in this offense.

Q: You certainly pass a lot, but arguably your best playmaker is your half back Ricky Galvin. How will you get him involved?

A: Ricky will get some carries. Draws, counters, and screens, but Ricky is so fast that he can also play WR. He'll provide the defense with a lot of match up problems. I expect Ricky to have a big season.

South Division

#18 Utah Utes

QB Jordan Wynn (93)
DT Dave Kruger (88)

Interview with 8th year Head Coach, Kyle Wittingham.

Q: Last year you were in the same position. Projected to win the North division. You failed to do so, and this year, the division's even harder. How do you change the outcome for this year?

A: I think we have a lot of players back this year that have experienced an entire season of Pac-12 play. As coaches we know more about these teams, their tendencies, their game plans. We're much less likely to be surprised at what teams like UCLA, or the Arizonas show us this year.

Q: QB Jordan Wynn had an up and down season last year. What do you need from him to actually win this division?

A: I tell him all the time that I need him to be the best QB in our division this year. That's tough with players like Matt Barkley, but I think he has to for us to be as successful as we know we can be. There will be games where our defense has an off day, and we need Jordan to win us a shootout.

#34 Arizona Wildcats

FS Adam Hall (90)
HB Brennan Clay (90)

Interview with 1st year Head Coach, Rich Rodriguez.

Q: You take over a pretty talented team here in Arizona. What are your goals heading into the season?

A: We have several goals, like being the best offense in the Pac-16 this year, beating our rival Arizona State, and of course winning the South division. Arizona hasn't been a push over these last few years, but they haven't been a tough enough out. I'm here to change that.

Q: You have a new QB, and your best wideout has left. Meanwhile, your most experienced player is HB Brennan Clay. Despite how much you like to pass out of your Air Raid, will you try to run the ball more this year?

A: Based on the personnel, I think we have to. Until we ease our passing game into the season, our running game may have to get more usage than they normally do under my playcalling. It's not just Brennan though, as we have a talented bunch of tailbacks.

#44 Southern California Trojans

QB Matt Barkley (98)
CB Nickell Robey (91)

Interview with 3rd year Head Coach, Lane Kiffin.

Q: You went 9-3 last year, and have the pre season Pac-16 player of the year candidate? Are you upset with the #44 ranking?

A: Not upset, more like motivated. Not only does Matt come back, but we have WR Robert Woods, a great defense with CB Nickell Robey and FS T.J. McDonald. Our team was shocked by those rankings, and we can't wait to prove how wrong that is on the field. We fully expect to not only finish in the top 25, but to finish as Pac-16 champions.

Q: Finally, you can play in a bowl game this year. Do you think that will help you at all?

A: Yeah I do. It was very easy for our players to say 'who cares' and not try as hard as they could have. There wasn't much of a reward. Last year we were the best team in the South division, but a team that we beat by 50 points went to the championship game. So there's much more to play for now.

#49 Nevada Wolfpack

HB Mike Ball (90)
SS Duke Williams (86)

Interview with 28th year Head Coach, Chris Ault.

Q: You've been building this program for over 25 years. How great is the reward that you have got them into not only a BCS conference, but the first super conference?

A: It's a great feeling, but we didn't just join the Pac-16 to become a BCS team. We joined to make some noise. We think we can win this thing, and let everyone know how good Nevada football really is.

Q: You invented the Pistol offense, and how do you see it working in the Pac-16 this year?

A: We've played many of these teams before so we know what to expect. We've played Oregon, Cal, Boise State, and some of these other schools and have even won some of those games. HB Mike Ball will have to be ready to be a workhorse for us, and I think in the Pistol that he'll be one of the best backs in the conference. No concerns here with our offense.

#52 Arizona State Sun Devils

HB Cameron Marshall (93)
CB Osahon Irabar (90)

Interview with 1st year Head Coach, Todd Graham.

Q: Last year, the Sun Devils were dissapointed not to win this division. Now three more teams are eligible to win this division, and it has certainly got tougher. What are your expectations within the conference?

A: I think we're being overlooked right now. Everyone seems to love either Utah or USC, but I think we should be in that conversation. QB Brock Osweiler should be one of the best QBs in the conference, and I expect HB Cameron Marshall to be one of the best backs as well. Our offense will be tough to match up with.

Q: Now defensively you lost 1st round draft pick MLB Vontaze Burfict. How do you replace such a player?

A: To lose a player like Vontaze will be tough. When I watch him in our films he was such a great player, and I hear he was an even better leader. But now we need new leaders on defense and I think a player like CB Osahon Irabar should be that player. Our defense will be challenged this year, and I think they'll respond well.

#62 San Diego State Aztecs

HB Ronnie Hillman (93)
MLB Jake Fely (84)

Interview with 2nd year Head Coach, Rocky Long.

Q: It's your first year in the conference, and there are questions surrounding your defense. They didn't do too well last year in the Mountain West and now there moving to a conference full of dynamic offenses. How do you think they'll do?

A: We'll be seeing new offenses each week, so it's not just on the players, it's on the coaching staff. Our players will get the job done, I have confidence in them. We just need to put them in the best position, whether we're playing an Air Raid or a Spread No huddle.

Q: You lose one of the better QBs in the country in Ryan Lindley. What should we expect on offense?

A: Well junior HB Ronnie Hillman performed very well for us last year, and even against these Pac-16 defenses, I think we'll be able to run the ball better than most teams.

#67 Colorado Buffaloes

FS Ray Polk (89)
WR Paul Richardson (86)

Interview with 2nd year Head Coach, Jon Embree.

Q: Your first year as a head coach, and as a new team in the Pac-12 didn't as well as you had hoped? What do you need to do to make this year's team more competitive in the new Pac-16?

A: What we really need to do is start putting fear back into the name of Colorado. We want teams to be scared of us when they see us on the schedule. Right now, we're looked at as an easy W. We need to start learning how to win games at the end. Close them out, and start getting big upsets. We want respect, but the only way to get it is on the field. I've told our players, go out and beat one of the top teams in this conference, and everyone will be talking about you.

Q: Reliable QB Tyler Hansen and do it all HB Rodney Stewart graduated. Expect some growing pains on offense?

A: No. If we want to put Colorado back on the map, we can't have any slumps or growing pains. We need sophomore QB Nick Hirschman to step up right away, and the same goes with HBs Tony Jones and Josh Ford. Luckily, we have returning WR Paul Richardson who has some really good experience and should help out our new players.

#71 UCLA Bruins

HB Johnathan Franklin (94)
LE Datone Jones (88)

Interview with 1st year Head Coach, Jim Mora.

Q: For the second consecutive year, UCLA is picked last in the South division. Do you think you'll surprise every one like last year.

A: Yes I do. We return some of our key playmakers, like QB Richard Brehaut, and HB Johnathan Franklin. They experienced being doubted before, and they won this division. Granted, we have 3 more teams eligible this year, but I still think this football team could win this thing.

Q: Tough, tough schedule to start the year, with games like at #5 Nebraska. What do you think your team gets out of these OOC games?

A: Even if we don't win these big OOC games, which we fully expect to do, it will definitely prepare us for conference play. Last year, I think the games UCLA played against Houston and Texas really helped them earn a trip to the conference championship game.

Last edited by RayAllen20; 01-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

Week 1

Stanford is the only Pac-16 team playing an FBS team during Week 1.

@ #1

The #1 Stanford Cardinal will debut at home, against their rivals the San Jose State Spartans in the Bill Walsh legacy game. The Cardinal will play their first game in three years without 1st round draft pick Andrew Luck, and instead it will QB Josh Nunes to try and lead Stanford to a 1-0 record. However, San Jose State will try to pull of the upset, lead by Michigan transfer QB Tate Forcier.

Prediction: Stanford is too talented for San Jose State. Stepfan Taylor runs all over the Spartans for an easy 56-7 victory.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
MVP

44 24

Stanford Struggles, But Takes Out Rival Spartans

Palo Alto, California.

There was a missed extra point, a fumble by QB Josh Nunes, an untouched kick off return for the Spartans, and even a 60 yard option run.

Certainly, Stanford didn't play its best game, but they still held for a 44-24 win in the Bill Walsh Legacy game. It started off with a 34 yard explosive TD run by backup HB Anthony Wilkerson to take a 6-0 lead, but the XP was missed! Then San Jose State scored 10 unanswered points, thanks to a Josh Nunes fumble, and an easy 5 yard TD rush. Nunes would help answer though, as he threw 4 passing TDs in the second quarter alone. It helped the Cardinal take a 34-10 lead, until San Jose State returned a kick off 98 yards for a score right before half time.

In the second half, Stanford dominated the ball, as HB Stepfan Taylor gained most of his 106 yards on 20 carries. Taylor would cap off a long drive with a touchdown, helping Stanford cruise to a 44-24 victory. Like Taylor, Nunes had a huge day in his first game as a starting Stanford QB. He threw for 376 yards and 4 TDs with only 1 turnover. San Jose State QB Tate Forcier had some success, throwing for 202 yards, but Stanford did pick him off once.

Next week, Stanford will have a true road test, as they travel to South Bend, to face the #12 Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

Last edited by RayAllen20; 01-21-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
MVP

Week 2

Before Arizona's first game of the season star HB Brennan Clay has been ruled ineligible for this upcoming season by the NCAA. Although the Oklahoma transfer was expected to not have to sit out a year, it was recently decided that he would have to. Now, Arizona will start HB Greg Nwoko the senior tailback.

@

Head Coach Rich Rodriguez and his Air Raid offense will make their debut as Arizona hosts their rival, the New Mexico Lobos. Wildcat fans will also see Rutgers transfer QB Tom Savage start his first game, as well as HB Greg Nwoko.

Prediction: Arizona's offense lights up the Lobos in this one sided rivalry game. Wildcats win 44-10.

#3 @

Boise State will travel to the Kibble Dome to take on their in-state rival the Idaho Vandals. The Broncos begin life without Kellen Moore, as QB Joe Southwick will make his first ever start.

Prediction: The Broncos are too talented, as Southwick becomes comfortable on the field, and the defense shuts down Idaho. Broncos take this one, 34-7.

@

Hawaii and their Run and Shoot offense will travel to Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to take on the USC Trojans.

Prediction: Barkley shreds Hawaii's defense, while USC maintains the Run and Shoot offense. USC gets their first win of the year, 48-21.

@

Colorado meets up with their in-state rival for this 'Rocky Mountain Showdown'. The game will be played at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium, home of the Rams. Colorado has won the last 2 games, and is going for 3 in a row on Saturday.

Prediction: This game should be close, but the Buffaloes defense should give them the edge in this game. Colorado wins their 3rd straight, 20-14.

@

San Diego State will fly across the country to take on the Cincinnati Bearcats. This will be the Aztecs first game as a Pac-16 member, but it will be a tough road test against the Bearcats.

Prediction: The defending co-Big East champs are too talented to allow San Diego State to travel that far, and steal a win at Nippert Stadium. Bearcats sneak past the Aztecs, 24-21.

#18 @

The Utes visit Romney Stadium to battle their in-state rival, the Utah State Aggies. Utah begins the season ranked, and as the South division favorites.

Prediction: QB Jordan Wynn leads the Utes to a 31-13 victory over the Aggies.

#5 @

The #5 Cornhuskers will visit the Rose Bowl, as the UCLA Bruins will try and pull of the upset in their season debut. This will be Head Coach Jim Mora Jr.'s, first game as coach of the Bruins.

Prediction: UCLA plays tough, but the running attack of the Cornhuskers will be too much. Nebraska takes this one, 28-7.

#1 @ #12

After beating San Jose State despite the sluggish effort, Stanford has a huge road test, against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Both teams are ranked in the top 15.

Prediction: The Irish will have their moments, but the Cardinal have too much talent on the field. Stanford hangs on for a 28-24 win.

#8 @ #6

The 8th ranked Gators will travel to Autzen in a big time non conference battle. Oregon will look for revenge against SEC teams, as they have lost their last two against Auburn and LSU. QB Bryan Bennett and HB Kenjon Barner will get the start for the Ducks. Florida is coming off a 6-6 season, but hopes are high with the talent that the Gators have.

Prediction: These teams should be pretty close to even, but the home field advantage should propel the Ducks. Oregon wins, 38-28.

Due to having 16 teams in the league, and scheduling conflicts. Conference play has to be start in Week 2 of the college football regular season. Here is the Pac-16 regular season opener.

@

In their first ever Pac-16 game, the BYU Cougars visit Corvallis, to play the Oregon State Beavers.

Prediction: Corvallis is one of the toughest places to play, but BYU QB Jake Heaps should help lead the Cougars to a tough victory. BYU escapes 24-17.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »