Home

My Promo/Relegation League (NCAA 13)

This is a discussion on My Promo/Relegation League (NCAA 13) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My Promo/Relegation League (NCAA 13)

I will be beginning a promotion/relegation format leaguewith a created Cincinnati Bearcats team.

This will be from a perspective of Cincinnati coming up from the FCS to FBS, so they will be weak. I wanted to do this for a couple reasons. I liked their older jerseys, they have a bigger stadium to grow in to, and I want to create some new rivalries.

I developed a rivalry calculator that I will be using. I haven’t perfected it, so I’ll probably be tweaking a few things along the way.

The promotion/relegation format is set up by 4 geographical regions, with 3 tiers. I will be showing that in a later post.

My guidelines I’ve set for myself are as follows:

Scheduling:
Once I become a head coach, contracting will apply according to tier strength (home and home, home and away, 1 and done, etc.)

Contracts must be fulfilled within 5 years.

As a coordinator, can not alter schedule. Once head coach, can perform scheduling changes.

Playing of Games:

As a coordinator, I can call plays for 8 games, must sim the rest (excluding bowl/championship games).

Once a head coach, I can actually play 4 games, must sim the rest (excluding bowl/championship games) and must use “ask coach” option using coordinators playbooks.

I can’t actually play teams in consecutive years.

Recruiting:

As a coordinator, can only recruit for offense/defense. I can only recruit pipeline states.

As a head coach, no recruiting restrictions, recruiting assistance turned off.

Coaching Contracts:

Must honor contract length.

No restrictions on jobs offered according to tiers.

Promo/relegation:

Winner of Tier 2 and 3 can advance a level. Loser of Tier 1 and 2 will drop a level.

I have a hard time with wanting to actually play games, and just coaching. Usually, I will start a dynasty coaching, then start another one playing. This leads to dynasties never finishing. This will give me a chance to do a little bit of everything. I wil lalso be using Project Scout’s simming methods to enhance realism, while using Fist of Rage’s sliders. I will also be following Project Scout’s format to an extent.

I will hopefully be getting some content up soon. Any comments or what you’d like to see would be appreciated.

Otherwise, enjoy!

Last edited by C1Man1; 11-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »