Home

J-E-T-S Refueling the Jets

This is a discussion on J-E-T-S Refueling the Jets within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
J-E-T-S Refueling the Jets

Rex on the hot seat?

During a 2011 season that saw the Jets have many ups and downs, the management has decided that the downs have outweighed the good and have let Rex know that this season is it if he can not turn things around.

The 2012 off-season was a shock to many as Tim Tebow was traded to the Jets and is expected to get a chance to battle for the starting spot, many experts believe this will just bring on an unneeded side show.

The 2011 season that resulted in a 8-8 record has many wondering is Sanchez can really perform on an elite level with the talent provided.

When asked if the doubt from analysts on his play would affect him, Sanchez replied " No, i will just keep playing the way i feel is best for this team. If it does become an issue im sure the coaches will take action. Until then we can only work on improving as a team."

When asked about the addition of Tim Tebow, Mark said " Bringing Tim in was a great move. He will be an excellent play-maker on offense, and maybe even push me a little and motivate me to excel my game. You can never go wrong by adding a play-maker to your team. And to top it off hes just a great guy."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: J-E-T-S Refueling the Jets

Preseason Football

By the looks of it Mark will hold onto his starting spot and the jets will play tebow in a wildcat-like fashion.

Rex on his decision to keep Sanchez as the front-runner going into preseason week 4. "Tim is a great player and great guy, but we feel as a team that Mark will give us the best chance to win. Now with that being said we still plan on utilizing Tim every chance we get, if he comes in for a few series or maybe plays a little tight-end. Tim will not sit on our bench and waste away."

Cuts: TE - Tanner Purdum, Konrad Reuland, Hayden Smith. - MLB -Nick Bellore, Josh Mauga. - ROLB - Ricky Sapp. - SS - Eric Smith.

INJURIES: Santonio Holmes, Darrelle Revis. Both season ending.

Coach Ryan's comments on the injuries " Both Santonio and darrelle are going to be missed immensely this season. They were both huge parts of our team and we just want them to be healthy and ready to go next season..."
Old 12-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Alright guys the first season ill give quick updates until my plan of action takes place, then i will be giving you indepth coverage of this Jets franchise. comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Here is my depth chart to start the 2012 nfl season.

Offense
QB - Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
RB- Greene, Powell, Grimes, McKnight
FB- John Conner
WR- Stephan Hill, Chaz Schilens, Kerley, Gates, White
TE - Keller, Cumberland, Baker
LT- Ferguson, Smith
LG- Slauson, Moore
C- Mangold, Schlauderaff
Rg- Moore, Slauson
RT - Howard, Smith

Defense

LE - Wilkerson
DT- Pouha, Ellis
RE - Coples, Devit
LOLB - Thomas, Maybin
MLB - Harris, Scott
ROLB - Pace, Maybin
CB - Cromartie, Wilson, Lankster, Trufant
FS - Landry, Bush
SS - Bell, Allen

Special Teams
K - Nick Folk
P - malone
KR and PR - McKnight
LS - Slauson
Old 12-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #5
Rookie

A rough start

The Jets are off to a rough 2-3 start to the season which has many questioning how long Ryan will last.

In week one the Jets lost tothe bills 27-10 and then in a fit of rage crushed the steelers 42-28 the week after. But since then they have dropped two of three and are in dire need of a win to keep their season, and their coach, alive.

Sanchez has been average. Over the first five game he has thrown for 1013 yards, and 7 touchdowns to match his interception total. He has yet to show the quality leader he was drafted to be.
If he does not watch out he might play the Jets into a spot in the draft where they will have no choice but to replace him with highly toted prospects of Rob Robonovich, or Denny Thompson.
Rob Robo is a can't miss quarterback prospect with huge upside, while Denny Thompson is an intriguing player, but might take longer to develope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
Rookie

BREAKING NEWS

"Sources close to the Jets team have reported that Rex Ryan is no longer coaching the Jets. Reasons being stated are that Rex and Chairman Woody Johnson were not getting along. Not to mention the Jets currently sit at .500 and a few of those wins came off shear luck. Stay tuned for an announcement on the new coach who, also according to sources close to the team, has been hired."

Woody Johnson - " Alright everyone, as of this morning the team is no longer in the hand of Rex Ryan, We want to wish him the best of luck on his adventures from here on. Rex was a great coach and role model for these player, but it just didn't work the way we wanted. I would also like to announce that Mike tannenbaum was fired shortly after Rex. Our new coach will be joining us shortly, and he has been handed full control over the decisions the team will make. He will keep the existing defensive coordinator around, but has brought in a new coach to call the offense. Ladies and Gentlemen please let me introduce to you, the new coach and leader of this team, Trey Buchholz."

T.B. - " Hi, hows everyone doing? I would just like to thank Mr. Johnson and the entire jets organization for this opportunity. It will be a difficult journey to restore this team to its dominance it was known for in the past. I will now accept a few questions, as i have a team to coach."

Reporter 1 - " Trey, where do you come from, what is your coaching background?"

T.B. - " Ha.. Well i come from a small town in Minnesota, but was currently coaching division 3 football in Aberdeen south dakota. I may not have any big coaching background, but i turned The Northern State Wolves into a championship type of team."

Reporter 2 - " Coach, what will you do with Sanchez and Tebow now that you are in control?"

T.B. - " Well, i would like to take a long look at both of them, maybe give them both some work before the season is over. If we can sneak into the playoffs, i will use whomever i feel is ready to lead this team."

Reporter 3 - " Hey coach, do you feel this team is ready to win a super bowl with the current players?"

T.B. - " You know, i need to evaluate this team first. I was busy coaching in south dakota before i got the call to come here, never really watched the Jets before. I would like to say yes to you guys, but from my initial findings, we might take a few years to get there. But i do promise you one in the next five years. But that is all i have a meeting with players to get to. Thanks everyone and Go Jets!"
Old 12-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
Rookie

The year is over, the Jets finished 6-10 for one of the worst records in the NFL. Even worse is the fact that the Jets handed this wreck of a team to a Division 3 football coach and expect great things. We will find out soon.

The Jets have very little cap room to work with, so we will keep you posted on how their offseason turns out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »