Home

College Football Relegation (NCAA 2014)

This is a discussion on College Football Relegation (NCAA 2014) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
College Football Relegation (NCAA 2014)

THE IDEA:
Everyone expects a different experience from a football game. Some people want to dominate every game, some want to dominate every single play, some love the program building aspect of the game, others love controlling their running back and personally hitting the sticks every play and love the single game, season and career statistical accomplishments that they have taken so much time to achieve.

I like the program building part of the game but I also want in game action to be fun, challenging and I want to see the statistical achievements but I do not want it to take ~15 hours to play a season. I used to play offense only (2010,2011) and really started to miss playing defense so that is how this gameplay style has progressed. Like many other who play this NCAA Football, once you learn how to really play the game it is not extremely hard to play with a bad team and win 9 to 12 games every year and to win 6 National Championships in 10 years type of thing. The only way to avoid this is making the sliders so hard that the gameplay is unrealistic and when that happens frustration tends to follow and the game loses its fun value.

Many people consider Bear Bryant to be one of the top 5 all time coaches in college football. He coached at Maryland, Kentucky, Texas A&M and finished out his career at Alabama. In all he coached for 38 seasons and managed to win 6 National Titles (4 if you consider 1964 was selected before the bowls and the Tide lost their bowl game that year, 1973 is the same story). This is the most of any coach, EVER!

To me 6 titles in 10 years just kills any realism. Because of this I like to do a sim/play mix of games each year. In my current dynasty I play 3 games each regular season (no rematches from the previous year) and I sim the rest. This makes it a lot harder building a program and winning National Championships. You have to really pay attention to which games you select to play so you maximize your wins each year.

Since this is a game, I understand why some people feel like it is Mike Tyson's Punchout and you must beat the CPU every time at all cost. When I watch college football every year there are close calls for the eventual champion and some years the best team just doesn't make it to the title game because they had a slip up. That is what doing a sim(regular season)/play(post season) dynasty allows me to do. When simming to the next week my stomach is sitting in my throat hoping that I can pull out each win and not get upset.

This also makes program building more rewarding to me. Taking over a struggling team (1*) and winning 10 games the first year and then every year afterwards with stick skills just is not fun to me. Personally I like to take as much control away from myself as possible so I sim the first half of every game and then play only offense in the 3rd quarter and offense and defense in the fourth. This makes each game take about 25 minutes to play. Because of this I can play a season in a few hours instead of a few days. I will restart if the super sim has me up by more than 14 or down by more than 24 points. I like playing the second half because it allows me to better comeback if needed or try to put a game away. I play 6 minute quarters because with super sim/play mix it gives about the right number of plays and stats.

CONFERENCE SETUP:

Big 5 Conference Moves
Moved Maryland to Big 10.
Moved Rutgers to the Big 10.
Realigned Big 10 to East/West Division that they will be playing by 2015.
Notre Dame the only Independent team.
Change aTm rival from Mizzu to South Carolina.
Moved Louisville to the ACC to replace Maryland. Then moved all the former Big East teams to the newly renamed East Division (Miami, VT, BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, along with Wake Forest) and the Rest to the Atlantic (FSU, Clemson, GT, NC, Duke, NC State & UVA)

The Leftovers
This is a three tier relegation system. I have no problems with mid majors making it to the BCS if they have earned it (note the American's AQ status has been removed) and in this system the best midmajors consistently play each other. The Best team in the lower tier will get promoted each season, while the worst team in the higher tier will be relegated. If playing as a midmajor you simply have to win your conference and you will get promoted while if you are the worst in your conference you will be relegated. The American's top bowl bid is the Chick-Fila Bowl vs #2 Team from the ACC.

Using the Generic Editor I adjust the bowl match ups so that The Sun Belt and the MAC will play each other in the New Orleans Bowl to determine which team will move from Tier 3 up to Tier 2 and the MWC will play against Conference USA in the Liberty bowl to determine who will move up into the American Conference.

Initial Relegation Setup
EAST LADDER WEST LADDER
AAC EAST TIER #1 AAC WEST
Temple BYU
Uconn Houston
Cincinnati SMU
Navy Boise State
ECU Fresno State
UCF Hawaii
USF Tulsa
Conference USA TIER #2 Mountain West
Old Dominion Colorado State
FAU N.Mexico
FIU Utah State
Marshall Wyoming
UAB SDSU
MTSU Nevada
Georgia State SJSU
W.Kentucky UNLV
Troy Air Force
Army La.Tech
South Alabama N.Texas
MAC EAST MAC WEST TIER #3 Sun Belt EAST Sun Belt WEST
Akron Ball State Southern Miss Texas State
Bowling Green CMU Memphis Idaho
Buffalo EMU Arkansas St NMSU
Kent State WMU ULL Rice
Umass N.Illinois ULM UTEP
Miami Oh Toledo Tulane UTSA
Ohio

House Rules:
Bowl Realignment and File Setup
I have used the Editor to go in and change most of the Bowl matchups to better reflect what will be happening in the future. I have set it up to where we will have a four team playoff to determine the national champion. I also went in a reset all team Win-Loss records, Bowl records, Conf Championships and National Championships.

Recruiting Rules
*I can only have 3 more players than I have leaving on my recruiting board. (ie 13 seniors leaving I can only have a max of 16 players on my board).
*My initial recruits must have me listed in there Top 3.
*I can not add more than two the entire season who I am not in there initial top 10.
*I can only schedule one recruiting visit.

Sliders
Heisman Off/ AA Def
H/C
50/50 QBA
50/50 Pass BLK
45/45 Catch
50/70 RB Ability
50/75 Run BLK

50/80 Pass Cov
50/30 Int
50/50 Rush Def
45/40 Tack

If the CPU is over 97 On Offense I will boost each offensive slider by 10, if the CPU is over 97 on Defense I will boost each defensive slider by 10.

Last edited by PocketScout; 12-21-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Re: College Football Relegation (NCAA 2014)

holder while preparing to restart dynasty

Last edited by PocketScout; 12-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

holder while preparing to restart dynasty

Last edited by PocketScout; 12-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

2013 - Idaho Vandals (8-5, OC)
REVIEW:
We got off to a 2-4 start on the year and I did not think we would be able to win enough to make it to a bowl game but everything came together nicly and we finished out the season 6-1 winning the New Mexico Bowl against Fresno State and we also were able to put together the best recruiting class in the Sun Belt.

GAME FILMS: (rating out of 5)
(2/5) Idaho vs Memphis
(5/5) Idaho vs Texas State
(4/5) Idaho vs Rice
(3/5) Idaho vs Fresno State - New Mexico Bowl

RELEGATION:
AAC East: Temple (3-9) will be relegated to Conference USA and replaced by Marshall (8-5)
AAC West: Hawaii (3-9) will be relegated to the Mountain West Conference and replaced by Nevada (9-4)
Conf USA: Georgia State (1-11) will be relegated to the MAC and replaced by Kent State (10-4)
Mountain West: Air Force (2-10) will be relegated to the Sun Belt and replaced by ULL (9-5)

NEWS:
Following the season I accepted the job to become the new Offensive Coordinator for the Utah Utes under former ULL Head Coach Mark Hudspeth. Utah went 4-8 last year. After looking over the roster we have so very solid talent coming back next year and I think a bowl bid will be very easy to come by. We finished National Signing day with the #36 class in the nation but it was only good enough for 8th in the Pac-12.

Click Here for 2013 Idaho Vandals 8-5 season stats, records, rosters and much more.
Playoffs
Semi Finals Teams Score Finals Teams Score
#1 Oklahoma 18
#4 LSU 41 #4 LSU 27
#2 Oregon 36 #2 Oregon 20
#3 Ohio State 20
Top Freshmen for Next Year
# Name Year Pos Hgt Lbs Ovr Spd Acc Agl Str Awr Home Town
51 Larry Stevenson Fr LOLB 6'3 228 71 80 87 66 76 41 Pleasant Grove, UT
97 Chris Guillory Fr RE 6'3 266 71 75 83 59 74 43 Buena Park, CA
84 Manny Mitchell Fr TE 6'5 250 69 78 74 71 76 50 Castlewood, CO
80 Chris Davidson Fr WR 6'3 220 69 94 84 79 48 68 Cloverleaf, TX
95 Sean Prince Fr LE 6'3 266 69 66 74 55 79 41 Romulus, MI
90 Jermaine Parks Fr DT 6'1 290 68 52 70 53 80 52 Chickasaw, aL
81 Jerome Scott Fr WR 6'2 199 68 89 81 83 40 54 Northglenn, CO
25 Mark Austin Fr CB 6'1 174 67 85 90 86 45 50 Cave Spring, VA
50 Marshall Burke Fr MLB 6'0 220 67 83 90 51 71 47 Oxnard, CA
30 Alex Bullock Fr HB 5'10 207 65 87 84 91 52 53 Eastlake, OH

Last edited by PocketScout; 12-26-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Great season you had there! Hopefully you can keep that going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Was Manizel the QB for Texas A and M in 2015? They whupped Ohio State lol.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #7
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

2013 UTSA Road Runners - OC - (9-5)
I entered the year taking the OC job at UTSA. We put together a solid season winning the Sun Belt West Division before losing to ULM in the Championship game 21-33, we also lost to them in the regular season 21-37. We then played Middle Tennessee State in the Heart of Dallas bowl winning 24-14 to finish the year 9-5. After Michigan State won the National Championship OC Jim Bollman took the Ohio Head Coaching job and DC Pat Narduzzi took over as head coach of the Pitt Panthers. Following the departures Spartans HC Mark Dantonio poached me and DC Neal Neathery from UTSA to fill out his 2014 staff.

Playoffs
Cotton Bowl: Michigan State defeated Virginia Tech 45-35
Sugar Bowl: Florida defeated Alabama 21-18
National Championship: Michigan State defeated Florida 41-14

Relegation
*Marshall (10-3, 7-1) won Conference USA then defeated MWC champion Utah State (10-3, 7-1) in the Liberty Bowl 38-6 to be promoted to the American Conference and replaced ECU (3-9, 1-7) in the East division.
*ULM (11-3, 9-1) won the Sun Belt then defeated MAC champion Ball State (10-4, 7-1) in the New Orleans 45-24 to be promoted to the Mountain West Conference and replaced La. Tech (1-11, 0-8).

WebSite
Click Here to see 2013 UTSA RoadRunners (9-5)

Last edited by PocketScout; 12-09-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

2014 Michigan State Spartans - OC - (10-4)
We entered the season ranked #6 and in our second game blew out then #4 Texas 41-13. Things were looking like we were primed to try to go for back to back national championships. We then proceeded to lose to Texas Tech (4-8) and Boston College (5-7) to drop us to 2-2 on the season. We then came back and blew out Nebraska 42-23 and beat Iowa. Next up was 2-4 Indiana, easy win... not so fast Indiana put it on us 35-9, the Hooisers did finish out the year 6-1 to go 8-5. After starting a disappointing 4-3 we won our final 6 games capturing the Big Ten Championship and getting a Rose Bowl birth against Florida (12-2). The Gators defense was solid all game making me fight for every single yard I got. We went to overtime where Florida scored first then proceeded to shut us out of the endzone. We finished the year 10-4.

Playoffs
Cotton Bowl: Alabama defeated Stanford 38-35
Fiesta Bowl: Louisville defeated TCU 30-10
National Championship: Louisville defeated Alabama 42-32

Relegation
This cycle I am changing the number of teams in the tiers, I will be moving one team down from Tier 1 into Tier 2 to make them have conference championships games. Cincinnati will be relegated in the East and SMU will be in the West.

WebSite
Click Here to see 2014 Michigan State Spartans (10-4)

Career
2013 - OC - UTSA (9-5)
2014 - OC - Michigan State (10-4)

Last edited by PocketScout; 12-09-2013 at 09:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »