Home

Your pick of a relocation Franchise

This is a discussion on Your pick of a relocation Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which team would you like to see me use for a Relocation/Rebuilding Franchise
Jacksonville Jags 7 63.64%
Buffalo Bills 3 27.27%
St. Louis Rams (Currently Started) 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13
Your pick of a relocation Franchise

Before I go any further on my St. Louis Rams Franchise story line in a relocation back to Los Angeles, I wanted to get the board's insight on what you would like to see.

What is causing me some hesitation with the Rams, is the fact that they are actually a little bit better of a football team than I would like to work with.

Not only do I want a Franchise that is primed in actuality for a relocation scenario, but a situation where I can build a horrible team from the ground up.

With that said, here are the options for a relocation Franchise. Give me your thoughts, ideas, and things you would not want to see. I already have ideas of the other two teams in terms of relocation, but I do not want to give those details before starting one up.

Here are the choices - let me know what you think.

1. Jacksonville Jags: This is probably the worst team in football. They are one of the best, if not the best, option for someone wanting to rebuild, while also being a candidate for relocation (I actually read a piece today that it could be this Franchise that actually lands as a NFL team in London.)

This is one of the worst teams in terms of market gain. Jacksonville never did get momentum or support in its community to support a growing franchise.

Positive: Young roster in a stage of out-right rebuilding. Not only most primed for relocation, but probably most needed as well.
Negative: I've seen 1 or 2 other posts using this football team.
Relocation Potentials: Orlando, FL; Austin, TX; San Antonio, TX; London, Eng

2. Buffalo Bills: This is another young football team in a rebuilding stage with a brand new football coach. The concept of the Bills relocating are on the back-end of probable, but I have still seen sources claiming this Franchise could be a potential for relocation - and is a lessor (in terms of market) of the 3 teams in the state of New York.

Positive: Young football team still in the early stages of rebuilding. New head coach to bring in new era. Low market football team primed to be relocated.
Negative: I have seen a couple of Buffalo Bills franchises listed. Is also a storied franchise.
Relocation Potentials: Brooklyn, NY; Columbus, OH; Toronto, Can; London, Eng.

3. St. Louis Rams: The Rams are the youngest team in football, which I like. However, they are in a much better position for success than the other two choices, and will require much less to rebuild. On the other hand, they ARE in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL in having San Francisco and Seattle. In terms of relocation, they are probably one of the highest probability (with Jacksonville and Oakland). I have already started this franchise and intended on moving them back to Los Angeles.

Positives: Youngest team in football, high, real life probability of relocation, already have early ground work started. Fun, young offensive weapons. I have not seen any other current Rams Franchise started on the board.
Negative: Team is already in the upward stages of rebuilding, I do not like West Coast teams as well, I am not a fan of California and more specifically LA.
Relocation Potentials: Los Angeles

Link to Current Franchise Here: Welcome Home l A Los Angeles Rams Relocation Franchise

Post your votes and thoughts here!

Last edited by JLWebb; 09-11-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Your pick of a relocation Franchise

I like the idea of sticking with the Rams. It's not like they have a ton invested in their RB's so that could be a position you either draft a bigger name player or bring in a big name vet to build around. Bradford is showing he can be a good QB if he has someone to throw the ball to and again their WR's are not amazing so it's not like you are forced to keep them around either.

I feel like the Bills already have pieces in place with Manuel, Spiller, Johnson ect. as far as in the rebuild, they would've been a great option a couple years ago.

Jacksonsville is a greate choice, because they don't have a QB, M.J.D. is a F.A. at the end of the season, and is Blackmon really a #1 WR, plus like you said market sucks, but like you mentioned it's probably the team everyone will use.

Some outside the box ideas. Arizona? Palmer is only a 1-2 year stop gap at QB, same with Mendenhall at RB, but they got some talent at WR in Fitz, Floyd and Roberts, but in your storyline possibly trade Fitz for picks. Yeah they have a newer stadium but you could work something into the story about needing to relocate.

Also with all that the Jets are going through you could do a easy relocation and rebuild of them just moving them to Manhattan.

Other options of course for a L.A. move would be Oakland and San Diego and both teams need alot of help on both sides of the ball as well
Old 09-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Banned

I voted Bills. I'd say a move to Toronto would make the most sense, but somewhere on the East Coast or Europe works too.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I like the idea of sticking with the Rams. It's not like they have a ton invested in their RB's so that could be a position you either draft a bigger name player or bring in a big name vet to build around. Bradford is showing he can be a good QB if he has someone to throw the ball to and again their WR's are not amazing so it's not like you are forced to keep them around either.

I feel like the Bills already have pieces in place with Manuel, Spiller, Johnson ect. as far as in the rebuild, they would've been a great option a couple years ago.

Jacksonsville is a greate choice, because they don't have a QB, M.J.D. is a F.A. at the end of the season, and is Blackmon really a #1 WR, plus like you said market sucks, but like you mentioned it's probably the team everyone will use.

Some outside the box ideas. Arizona? Palmer is only a 1-2 year stop gap at QB, same with Mendenhall at RB, but they got some talent at WR in Fitz, Floyd and Roberts, but in your storyline possibly trade Fitz for picks. Yeah they have a newer stadium but you could work something into the story about needing to relocate.

Also with all that the Jets are going through you could do a easy relocation and rebuild of them just moving them to Manhattan.

Other options of course for a L.A. move would be Oakland and San Diego and both teams need alot of help on both sides of the ball as well
I agree with your view on the Rams... which is initially why I started with them in the first place. Like I mentioned, they are the youngest team in the NFL and have some gaps to incorporate some high profile draft picks - specifically at the running back and defensive end positions.

Jacksonville is like the IDEAL team to use for me... for every single reason you mentioned. Position gaps leave for great player storylines, as well as the relocation aspect. If it was not for it being a widely used team, this would be a done deal.

I like your view on Arizona. My only reservation is that if I go with a west coast team, I will probably stick with the Rams.

Rams and Jacksonville, I think, make up some pretty cool opportunities for good franchise posting stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
I voted Bills. I'd say a move to Toronto would make the most sense, but somewhere on the East Coast or Europe works too.
You're right... I read where the Bills have a heavy marketing campaign in Toronto; so it would make sense for them to move there. I also like the concept of Brooklyn. With the move to the Nets there, Brooklyn is starting to rebirth its sports presence.

My major hesitation with the Bills is just as Deuce mentioned... they have a pretty strong nucleus in place that requires little franchise building. They are more in the lines of having a team in place... just waiting for it to mature and gel.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

I forgot to post... here is a link to the Rams Relocation Franchise I have started (which is option 3 in poll).

Welcome Home l A Los Angeles Rams Relocation Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #6
MVP

Letalis's Arena

OVR: 5

Surprised you didn't mention the Vikings in this, with all the problems with the owner and the stadium being put on hold and the fraud case etc, it would be a prime option to buy out and re-locate. That being said I think that you should move the Bills.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

OVR: 0

I would say Jacksonville. May be used a lot as is the best choice but would like to see your spin on it. I've ran in to problems on mine(In big debt and wouldn't load up without freezing last night so may not be able to continue it so only like 1 or 2 more people doing it.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letalis
Surprised you didn't mention the Vikings in this, with all the problems with the owner and the stadium being put on hold and the fraud case etc, it would be a prime option to buy out and re-locate. That being said I think that you should move the Bills.
Good point with Minnesota. I think my hesitation on the Vikings is that it appears that it is in a pretty good market and I don't know that even if the franchise would be purchased, if an owner would move the Vikings out of Minnesota.

However, you do have me thinking... I'm wondering relocation wise, what would be the best fit for the NFC North Vikings? Toronto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
I would say Jacksonville. May be used a lot as is the best choice but would like to see your spin on it. I've ran in to problems on mine(In big debt and wouldn't load up without freezing last night so may not be able to continue it so only like 1 or 2 more people doing it.
Where did you relocation Jacksonville?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »