Home

John's Hopkins Blue Jays - The Interactive Dynasty Story

This is a discussion on John's Hopkins Blue Jays - The Interactive Dynasty Story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #49
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: John's Hopkins Blue Jays - The Interactive Dynasty Story

Late 4th Quarter Defense Surges Blue Jays Past Wildcats

Quarter 1 Summary:
The game began with the Kentucky Wildcats kicking off to the JHU Blue Jays. On the first drive it was evident Coach Anthony planned to put some confidence back in Baby Snoots as he passed primarily the whole drive, which would end in an 11 yard curl route TD pass to Cody Smith, his second of the season. The quarter would then play out with both teams recording 3 and outs. Score after 1, Wildcats 0, Blue Jays 7.

Quarter 2 Summary:
With ball back in hand the Jays switched it up and drove the ball with Tyrone Davidson eventually ending when Baby Snoots took a 2 yard option play in for the score. Quickly behind 14 the Wildcats would just as quickly make their first score with Brian Walters catching a 42 yard pass over the head of George Burns for the score. Score at Half, Wildcats 7, Blue Jays 14.

Quarter 3 Summary:
Following the kickoff back to the Wildcats, the Jays defense would bend but not break eventually allowing the Wildcats a field goal from 47 yards out. The offense of the Jays though would stall out again, with their 3rd consecutive 3 and out. It would proceed in this fashion until the Kentucky Wildcats would score another FG to bring them within 1. Score after 3, Wildcats 13, Blue Jays 14.

Quarter 4 Summary:
Relying on the passing attack the Jays would finally snap their cold spell and score a FG on the first drive of the quarter. Then disaster would hit for the Wildacts. The first play following the kickoff Allan Brown would pick off his 3rd pass of the season and bring it all the way down to the Kentucky 2 yard line. The following drive would see Baby Smith throw his second touchdown pass of the game to DeeDee Hunter, his first of the season. After failing to convert on 4th down the Jays would pound the ball with Tyrone Davidson who scored his 5th touchdown of the season. After yet another 4th down conversion fail, Coach Anthony and the Jays seemed set with running the clock down for the win.Final Score, Wildcats 13, Blue Jays 31.

*Due to the wins I have upped the difficulty to Heisman.

Kentucky Wildcats at Johns Hopkins Blue Jays
Sep 21, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Kentucky Wildcats (1-1)076013
Johns Hopkins Blue Jays (2-0)7701731
Team Stats Comparison
UKJHU
Total Offense243275
Rushing Yards2956
Passing Yards214219
First Downs1014
Punt Return Yards3040
Kick Return Yards12691
Total Yards399406
Turnovers10
3rd Down Converstion4-3 (30%)3-10 (30%)
4th Down Conversion0-3 (0%)0-1 (0%)
2-Point Conversion0-0 (0%)0-0 (0%)
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/14/1
Penalties1-50-0
Posession Time12:5115:09
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGUKJHU
4:07(JHU) TD C. Smith, 11 Yd pass from B. Snoots (C. Smith kick)07
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGUKJHU
6:18(JHU) TD B. Snoots, 2 Yd run (C. Smith kick)014
5:35(UK) TD B. Walters, 42 Yd pass from C. Corbett (K. Van kick)714
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGUKJHU
5:33(UK) FG K. Van, 47 Yd FG1014
2:24(UK) FG K. Van, 32 Yd FG1314
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGUKJHU
6:03(JHU) FG C. Smith, 25 Yd FG1317
5:45(JHU) TD D. Hunter, 1 Yd pass from B. Snoots (C. Smith kick)1324
2:28(JHU) TD T. Davidson, 10 Yd run (C. Smith kick)1331
Kentucky Wildcats
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Corbett23/3621411
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Corbett9-5-0.50
R. Jones8344.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A. Booker5367.20
B. Spencer45814.50
B. Walters45513.71
M. Dorsey362.00
R. Jones3268.60
J. Bailey22010.00
M. Turner2136.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
E. Bennett60.000
W. Jacobs52.000
K. Higgins40.000
J. Roberts40.000
B. Fleming40.000
A. Daniels30.000
J. McCoy30.000
K. Ware30.000
J. Jones20.000
P. Stegall11.000
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
K. Robinson37224.00
M. Dorsey25427.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
M. Dorsey33010.00
Johns Hopkins Blue Jays
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Snoots19/3321920
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Davidson11655.91
B. Snoots8-25-3.11
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Hunter55611.21
M. Stafford47117.70
C. Smith45413.51
C. Cross3227.30
T. Davidson111.00
M. Bless11010.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Z. Burke02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
A. Brown81.010
D. Brown70.000
A. Sikes50.000
B. Bolig41.000
J. Miller20.000
M. Cox20.000
M. Weise20.000
G. Burns20.000
J. Tech10.000
B. Dozer10.000
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Hunter29145.50
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Hunter44010.00
Old 10-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #50
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

Speaking with the 3-0 JHU Offense

Huge bounce back performance this week for you Baby, not only throwing 2 TD's but rushing for one as well. How was today's game different for you?

Baby Snoots:
"I feel like I prepared better for this game. I felt more calm back in the pocket, and I felt like this game was easier for me."

You managed to avoid throwing an INT today, can you tell us what goes through your mind as you go through the progression of reading the coverage and checking down the receiver?

Baby Snoots:
"Well, Coach always tells me to look at the deep pass first, then hit the short man, and I feel like I did that today. This game was much easier for me in terms or reading the defense."

Baby was definitely looking your way today Matt, but a couple of unfortunate drops limited your play. Known for great hands, what went wrong today?

Matt Bless:
"I'm often times my own biggest critic, so there was no one more disappointed by my performance today than me. I'm not going to make excuses for myself. I just didn't have enough focus out there and it showed. Fortunately, it didn't hinder our ability to win the game. I'm going to have to work hard in practice this week and make sure that it doesn't happen again."

DeeDee you finally found your way into the endzone today, how did it feel?

DeeDee:
"It always feels great to get that first touchdown, but I'm used to the feeling. The first thing I think about is my celebration. Expect TONS more TDs from me this season, coach will make sure I get em."

With 5 receptions you led the team today, how do you always seem to find yourself in a position to catch the football?

DeeDee:
"I can catch any ball. Even if I don't look completely open, I can catch anything in my area. It's just something that most receivers don't have. My combination of size and speed is hard to find. This team is lucky to have me."

Matt a couple of drops early on before you found your groove as well and had a big day with 71 yards, what helped you to make the switch?

Matt Stafford:
"It just took a little bit to get going that last game. If you play sports long enough you'll bound to have off days, just glad I got guys like DeeDee to help pick up the slack until I started rolling."

2 big weeks for you as a receiving tight end but still zero touchdowns. Do you feel your more of the deep threat guy or can you be the one they call on in the red zone?

Matt Stafford:
"I love making the big play but with my size and height advantage I could be a huge weapon in the red zone. I just got to work with Baby on the timing and it'll come. It would be nice to get my first college TD but I'm not a stats guy, all I care about it is winning. That other stuff will come later."

Cody you were the most targeted of any receiver today, a total of 7 times for 4 catches. How have you and Baby worked to develop the quarterback-receiver chemistry?

Cody Smith:
"We actually stay 45 minutes after practice and go through plays. We also all have a chemistry class together and sometimes when we're not doing anything we go over plays."

Chris, each week you seem to be getting more and more involved. How have you been working in practice to better your performances?

Chris Cross:
"I have been working hard with Baby and my coaches to make sure we are all on the same page and its nice to see it translate to the field."

The slot game is a dangerous position to play, especially when coming across the field. How do you work with Baby Snoots to protect yourself on such routes?

Chris Cross:
"It comes down to trust and I trust Baby to get me the ball in a position where I wont get hurt. And more credit goes to him because I am a smaller guy. We both work hard in practice and in games. I'm not worried about getting hurt."
Old 10-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #51
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

Speaking with the New Guy Zach Burke and Star Halfback Tyrone Davidson

Zach your first game after being un-redshirted. Was there some rustiness for you?

Zach Burke:
"I guess you could say that. We go through everything in practice, but It's not exactly like it is out there during a game. I had a couple moments where I didn't play my best but from here on I should be good to go."

With your first game out of the way, what can we expect to see from you the rest of the year?

Zach Burke:
"I'm just going to get better. That's always my goal. I'll keep living in the weight room making sure to keep building strength as well as get my footwork where it needs to be. We have a chance for something special here and I want to help us achieve it."

Pretty quiet day for you in the backfield Tyrone, but still managed to get the score giving you five on the year. Any Any thoughts on the light rushing attack today?

Tyrone Davidson:
"A wins a win but I'm very angry about my performance and I think coach needs to be giving me more rush attempts or some of my teammates will be tackled by their own team."

Despite the light load you still were able to rush for 65 yards today, do you think a 200 yard rush game is in your future?

Tyrone Davidson:
"Next week it is going to be 300 yards from me and about 5-6 touchdowns No Questions Write it down quote it whatever it is gonna happen!"

Well there you have it. If it is possible for a 300 yard game Tyrone is going to rely heavily upon young freshman Zach Burke at Left Tackle. Keep an eye out as JHU plays home to USF this week!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

Speaking to the JHU Defenders

First, an unfortunate injury today for Jordan Miles with the concussion after butting heads with the LT of the Wildcats. Scans are positive however as it seems the team believes you will be able to start next week barring any set backs. How are you feeling?

Jordan Miles:
"I'm good, I think I just need to take it one day at a time, and do my best to recover in time for next week. That's the goal. It's always the goal."

Big Bob Bolig returned to the field today from injury in a big way. Getting to the quarterback on a key fourth down, how does it feel to be at 100% again?

Bob Bolig:
"Like I said before, I've always been 100%. No offense to the coaches, but I know I could have played at a high level."

The coaches have commented on how remarkable it is for a big man to move like you do, how has that helped you in stuffing the run on the best rush defense in the league?

Bob Bolig:
"You're not going to find many teams that can double team a 340lber. As a plus, I'm extremely athletic from years of hard work. Me being able to control the line as I do, it frees up everyone around me to get them into the back field with ease."

This defense was rolling today with big plays all day. JP Miller delivered a bone crushing hit early on to send a message that running was not an option. What makes you such a dangerous tackler?

JP Miller:
"Repetition. Repetition. Repetition. Just keep trying and I know I can get better. You could see how they game-planned for me and they didn't do jack *. Lets keep this up because I am the offense's worst nightmare"

Dontae' you and your brother have both been dominant this year. What makes the two of you such great players?

Dontae' Brown:
"Well he's a scrub. Don't you hear in every interview that he always says somebody else makes him look good? Haha. I think I'm the only dominant one here."

Alan, another INT today as you continue to always be in position. You were tackled at the 2 yard line, what was going through your mind as you almost scored your first touchdown?

Alan Brown:
"Coming out of high school I was only a 2* and I took it to heart. Now I'm showing those scouts they were wrong and it feels great. About only making it to the 2 yard line? It was okay with it. As long as I put my team in a position to score, I'm happy."

Matt, you were a walk on here in JHU with a past knee injury. How has the knee been holding up for you?

Matt Cox:
"My knee physically feels great but obviously its taking me a while to get back in the mental mindset."

As a former QB, how has that knowledge translated into you playing corner here for the Jays?

Matt Cox:
"I think it has allowed me to still function with the knee being the way it is. I still got the drive of a QB and Id be lying if I haven't asked the coaches about getting a play or two at the position."

Quiet day over in the LE spot but a great day defensively against a team who has had their way with defenses this season. What makes this defensive unit so special?

Bull Dozer:
"We fought hard in practice and did are best to do are best. We always prepare for teams with good o-lines so expect are defense to be good week in and week out."

You still lead the league in sacks despite today's struggles. What gave you trouble with the O-Line today?

Bull Dozer:
"Like I said the o-line played great today and I just was stopped. I think today was one of those days where you just don't get your way."

The streak route was the only real sign of weakness today. What made the streak route so tricky for you guys to pick up?

Josen Tech:
"They're a good team and they ran their offense well. I had a few reads I needed to do as the SS and even though I have over the top help I had to read the HB first so it was just good plays by their offense. Not necessarily bad defense on our part. I will say on that play I reacted a little late. I will own up to my mistake."

Finally a moment of recognition for you Alfonso, you have high tackle numbers for a safety and your aggression has been drawing comparison to Troy Polamalu. How do you feel about this?

Alfonso Sikes:
"I like Troy Polamalu, always liked his game so I don't mind the comparison. Hopefully one day I can be at his level in the NFL too."
Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #53
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

Notable Games around the NCAA from Week 4
Results
No. 24 NC State 21, No. 20 Clemson 14
No. 11 Notre Dame 27, Michigan State 25
No. 4 Florida 34, Tennessee 10
No. 6 LSU 17, Auburn 12
No. 8 Texas 31, No. 17 Kansas State 24

Notable Games around the Sun Belt from Week 4
Results
Johns Hopkins 31, Kentucky 13
UL Lafayette 45, Akron 20
Texas Tech 44, Texas State 10
Arkansas State 31, Memphis 14
Georgia State 23, FCS Midwest 17
No. 23 Mississippi State 24, Troy 14
Baylor 44, UL Monroe 24

Last edited by Aparess; 11-05-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #54
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

Sun Belt Conference Standings - Updated: Sep 27, 2013
TEAMRECPCTCONFPFPASTRK
Troy3-10.7501-09565-1
South Alabama2-01.0000-076422
Johns Hopkins3-01.0000-089403
Arkansas State2-20.5000-196731
UL Lafayette2-20.5000-01101022
UL Monroe2-20.5000-0113136-1
Georgia State1-30.2500-0671061
Texas State0-30.0000-059119-3

NCAA Football Rankings - Coaches Poll - Updated: Sep 27, 2013
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11Alabama (32)301496
22Ohio State (25)401426
33Georgia (2)301358
44Florida (1)301292
55Louisville (1)401227
66LSU401163
77Oklahoma301101
88Texas401072
99Texas A&M31953
1010Michigan40942
1112Notre Dame31788
1213Oregon21727
1315Nebraska40660
1416Washington30612
1517TCU21535
1618Virginia30520
1714Kansas State31451
1819Florida State21448
1920Stanford21407
2011Clemson12388
2121South Carolina12341
2222Oklahoma State21329
2323Mississippi State40316
24--NC State30246
2525Ole Miss21223

Dropped Out: Boise State (#24)
Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #55
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

Coach Anthony Garners First Commitment

Coach Michael Anthony announced today that 2 star recruit Kevin Curtis who is ranked the #105 Guard in the nation has committed to JHU. Curtis is from Gallatin, Tennessee and is 6'1" 292 lbs. Coach Anthony expects him to play backup right away on the right side but has left the possibility of starting open.

Top Recruits Targeted for Next Season

John's Hopkins Blue Jays Recruiting - 2013
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
LeSean MilesFSHSDelray Beach, FL6'0"188
Cliff BurnsWRHS5'9"185
Betta NealeFBHS6'0"250

Further info on the Recruits Decision Process:

FS LeSean Miles: JHU, Tulsa, UCLA
WR Cliff Burns: UConn, JHU, UMass
FB Betta Neale: JHU, UConn, Penn State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #56
Rookie

megarover's Arena

Aw man can't believe I gave up the deep ball. Won't be happening again.

And it looks like my brother might end up a Huskie......Interesting

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »