Home

Coach K's Wyoming Cowboys Dynasty (NCAA14)

This is a discussion on Coach K's Wyoming Cowboys Dynasty (NCAA14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Coach K's Wyoming Cowboys Dynasty (NCAA14)

Hey guys, I have been through 12 exciting seasons as coach of the Cowboys. I have been posting in the 'hows your dynasty going' thread, and figured it was time I made my own thread here to make it easier for my followers to see my posts. And maybe reach a new audience!

Here is my coaching history at Wyoming:

Career Record: 151-14
Vs Rivals: 18-0
Vs Top 25: 47-5
Bowl Record: 10-2

2013: 9-4
2014: 12-2 MWC Champs
2015: 12-1 Poinsettia Bowl Champs
2016: 14-0 MWC Champs Sugar Bowl Champs
2017: 13-1 BIG12 Champs BCS Champs
2018: 14-0 BIG12 Champs BCS Champs
2019: 14-0 BIG12 Champs BCS Champs
2020: 12-2 BIG12 Champs Rose Bowl Champs
2021: 13-1 BIG12 Champs Sugar Bowl Champs
2022: 14-0 BIG12 Champs BCS Champs
2023: 12-1 BCS Champs
2024: 12-2 BIG12 Champs Rose Bowl Champs
2025: 4-0

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 11-09-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Re: Coach K's Wyoming Cowboys Dynasty (NCAA14)

Here is a sample of what my game reports will look like. This was my last game from Year 12, the Rose Bowl vs Penn State.

Spoiler

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 11-03-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Wyoming Dynasty, Year 12, 2024 End of Season/Start of 2025

Coach K had to convince 10 underclassmen to stay put and not enter the NFL draft, while 15 Seniors are leaving for the NFL, 11 of which are projected 1st rounders. Heisman Trophy winner HB Darnell Tiger will not enter the draft, as scouts say he is too small to play at the next level (5'9 200lbs).

There will be some MAJOR changes on the offensive side of the ball next season for the Cowboys. They will have a new starting QB, HB, TE, offensive lineman, and an entire new wide receiver core as their top 4 WRs left for the NFL.

I had a top 5 recruiting class this year, the top recruit being an 82 OVR WR. Offseason training went well, and a few position battles were won and lost from it, mainly backup spots.

Texas Tech has been removed from the BIG12. I was reluctant to do it cause it just seems wrong, but they were literally one of the worst rated and ranked teams in the nation the last few years. Their replacement? An up and coming team from the American conference, SMU, currently ranked #13 with an impressive team rating (90+ offense).

My offense is not as high (ratings wise) as they were last year, as they lost some key pieces due to graduation. The new QB will be the 6'6 230lb redshirt freshman, Ryan Hughes (82). This guy has a monster arm and don't forget he can run too (78 speed). The new HB is Grant Peterson (97), a highly touted recruit who has been trapped behind 2 Heisman trophy candidates on the depth chart the last 2 years. Finally, his junior year now, he will get a chance to shine. At WR there are many new faces. WR Mitchel Morrison (98), Jerrell Mayo (93), Nate Larsen (94), Travis Horne (93), Alan Nelson (92), and Brandon Griffin (91) have less then 10 career receptions combined.

At tight end, Matt Martin (86), who has been the starting fullback for the last 2 seasons, has been named the starter. Martin has a great combination of speed, receiving ability, and blocking. His only downfall is his size at just 5'11 and 250lbs. On the offensive line, LT Drew Jones (86), a redshirt freshman, will be the new starter. At 6'7 340lbs, Jones was the top offensive line recruit last season. Junior RG Ryan Brown (93) and Junior RT Paul White (87) are new starters on the offensive line as well. Seniors C Danny Forest (99) and Warren Stark (97) are returning starters.

The defense is absolutely loaded, and is one of the best Coach K has ever had on paper. DE Raymond Bishop (97), DE Nathan Bird (98), CB Tyler Carpenter (97), CB Mark Seward (94), FS Isaiah Johnson (98), SS Clinton Lee (99), MLB Bryan Pettigrew (97), and OLB Keegan Moses (98) are all returning starters. New starters include Junior OLB Steve Brown (95), Junior DT Manuel Lewis (93), and Sophomore DT Jared Berg (89).

The schedule is really a story of 2 halves this season. 4 out of the Cowboys first 6 games are against ranked opponents #14 TAMU, #22 Oklahoma, #9 Wisconsin, and #13 SMU. The other 2 are TCU and rival Texas who always plays Wyoming tough. After that, it should be smooth sailing for the Cowboys against unranked rival Colorado State, West Virginia, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, and the season will wrap up in Denver, Colorado against Boise State in the annual Broncos vs Cowboys neutral site game.

Looks like it could be an amazing recruiting class for Wyoming in 2025, as 10 5 star recruits are interested including 3 ATH's ranked in the top 10 recruits.

I can't wait for this season to begin! Go Wyoming!

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 11-03-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Wyoming Dynasty, Year 13, 2025 Week 2

--------------------------------------

#1 HB Grant Peterson runs for a long gain to ice the victory

Spoiler

#2 FS Isaiah Johnson tackles the TAMU QB for a safety

Spoiler

#3 CB Mark Seward makes an interception in the endzone

Spoiler

#4 QB Ryan Hughes runs for a touchdown on the games opening drive

Spoiler

#5 QB Ryan Hughes runs for another touchdown

Spoiler

It was tough, but my defense came up huge for me in a close game. Special shout out to my punter Shaun Brown who pinned the Aggies inside their own 5 not once but twice (one of those times lead to a safety).

Ryan Hughes did alright for his first game. He did throw a pick on his 2nd drive when he made a pretty awful decision, but he can improve on that. The offensive line was terrible at times and Hughes was under pressure all day and was sacked 5 times. He managed the game well though and had a few nice runs including 2 TDs. HB Grant Peterson was quiet for most of the game and almost cost us the game when he lost a fumble inside the 10, in a situation where a score would have put us up 2 scores late in the game. Fortunately my defense came up big and Peterson iced the game with his 40 yard run and time ran out on Texas A&M.

Next week I take on rival Texas who is (1-0) after a victory vs Virginia. Last year they beat me Week 1 but I got my revenge by crushing them in the BIG12 Championship game.

Stay tuned folks!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

You know I am following..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Wyoming Dynasty, Year 13, 2025 Week 3

---------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

#1 HB Mike Jordan returns the opening kickoff 108 yards for a touchdown

Spoiler

#2 WR Andy Nelson with a leaping touchdown reception

Spoiler

#3 WR Andy Nelson catches a pass and trucks his way into the endzone

Spoiler

#4 QB Ryan Highes rolls right and throws left to HB Grant Peterson for the touchdown

Spoiler

#5 QB Ryan Hughes with a nifty touchdown run

Spoiler

What a game by Ryan Hughes! I didn't think he would have his coming out party this early in the season! He was nearly perfect passing and had some huge runs. He spread the ball around well to his many receivers. The offensive line was much better this week too. The defense had another great game, shutting out Texas 3 out of 4 quarters. After a shaky start to the season vs TAMU, Wyoming showed how good they can really be vs Texas.

I am now ranked #1! The next game is vs unranked TCU. Go Wyoming!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Haven't posted in a long time, but I'm back and stalking your dynasty!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Rookie

megarover's Arena

OVR: 0

You did a really good job building up Wyoming. Its insane how talented the team is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »