Home

Burning Rubber - Akron Zips Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Burning Rubber - Akron Zips Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Burning Rubber - Akron Zips Dynasty (NCAA 14)

this could be ugly
Old 11-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #18
Rookie

BMott418's Arena

OVR: 0

Michigan Holds Off Late Rally, Prevails 31-23

ANN ARBOR, MI
September 14th, 2013

With less than a minute to go, Akron had a chance to do the unthinkable: knock off an already reeling Michigan team.

However, a late interception caused them to fall just short of what would have been a monumental victory, as the Wolverines, who blew a 21-point lead, held off a late rally by the Zips to win 31-23.

Late in the fourth quarter, after a Broderick Alexander touchdown run to bring them within 8, Michigan recovered an onside kick, and many in Michigan Stadium believed that the Wolverines would coast to victory from there.

However, the Akron defense had other ideas. On a second down play, Michigan running back Thomas Rawls was pushed out of bounds, saving Akron a timeout, and on the very next play, in an attempt to catch the defense off guard, the Wolverines ran a play-action pass that would be intercepted, giving the Zips new life.

However, two plays later, the game would end on a Kyle Pohl interception.

"It's really disappointing," Akron head coach Nelson Lee said after the game. "Michigan really just gift-wrapped us this game late, and we couldn't take advantage of it."

Akron actually held their own for much of the first half defensively. Devin Gardner really never got going passing-wise, so the Wolverines heavily relied on Rawls, who ran for 161 yards and four touchdowns on 24 carries.

Rawls lead the way with two early touchdowns, a five yard scamper in the first quarter, and then a one yard run in the second. Akron would fail on a fourth and goal late in the second quarter.

"We just didn't take advantage of a lot of opportunities that they gave us." Lee said. "We have to finish drives if we want to compete with the big name schools in the nation."

Things seemed very dim for the Zips in the 3rd quarter when Rawls would run for his third touchdown, a two-yard run, but the Zips would finally drive down the field, and Jawon Chisholm (11 carries, five yards, one touchdown) would punch it in from three yards out to make it 21-7.

However, late in the third, an Akron drive again stalled, and the Zips were forced to kick a field goal to make it 21-10

With 5:14 left in the fourth quarter, Rawls would run for another touchdown to make it 28-10, and many considered the game to be over at that. But Alexander would run in for his first touchdown to make it 28-16.

Akron would attempt a run for two points, but Alexander was stopped short, but after a failed onside kick, the Zips held Michigan to a three and out, and they were forced to kick a field goal.

In the end, the Zips just ran out of time and chances.

"I'm proud of how they battled today." Lee said. "I feel like we brought our A game for the most part. It just wasn't meant to be today."

BOX SCORE
TEAM...1...2...3...4...OT...F
Akron...0...0...10...13...0...23
Michigan...7...7...7...10...0...31

PLAYER STATISTICS

PASSING
Akron - Kyle Pohl 14/26, 205 Yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
Michigan - Devin Gardner 10/20, 123 Yards, 0 TD, 1 INT

RUSHING
Akron - Broderick Alexander 23 Carries, 127 Yards, 5.5 YPC, 2 TD
Michigan - Thomas Rawls 24 Carries, 161 Yards, 6.7 YPC, 4 TD

RECEIVING
Akron - L.T. Smith 5 Catches, 86 Yards, 17.2 YPC, 0 TD
Michigan - Amara Darboh 3 Catches, 83 Yards, 27.6 YPC, 0 TD
Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Congrats on getting Win #1. Played alot better against Michigan then expected . I know in my one season with Eastern Michigan, my upset over a ranked Michigan State team still ranks up as one of my Top-5 victories.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
Rookie

BMott418's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Congrats on getting Win #1. Played alot better against Michigan then expected . I know in my one season with Eastern Michigan, my upset over a ranked Michigan State team still ranks up as one of my Top-5 victories.
Yeah it was a disappointing end to an overall very good game. Michigan just isn't very good in NCAA...or in real life for that matter haha.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
Rookie

BMott418's Arena

My bad for being away so long guys. Had a lot to do for Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm back. Got another update coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #22
Rookie

BMott418's Arena

Akron Ends Non-Conference Play With 27-10 Win Over UL-Lafayette

AKRON, OHI
September 21st, 2013

One week after a disappointing loss to Michigan, Akron bounced right back and knocked off Louisiana-Lafayette, 27-10.

Broderick Alexander, getting his first start at running back, rushed for 105 yards and 2 touchdowns on 21 carries. Kyle Pohl turned in a solid performance, throwing for 301 yards, a touchdown, and an interception to lead the Zips.

BOX SCORE
TEAM...1...2...3...4...OT...F
Louisiana-Lafayette...0...10...0...0...-...10
Akron...10...3...7...7...-...27

PLAYER STATISTICS

PASSING
Louisiana-Lafayette - Terrance Broadway 15/29, 209 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Akron - Kyle Pohl 30.45, 301 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

RUSHING
Louisiana-Lafayette - Effrem Reed 10 Carries, 51 Yards, 5.1 YPC, 0 TD
Akron - Broderick Alexander 21 Carries, 105 Yards, 5.0 YPC, 2 TD

RECEIVING
Louisiana-Lafayette - Jamal Robinson 3 Catches, 73 Yards, 24.3 YPC, 0 TD
Akron - Keith Sconiers 9 Catches, 103 Yards, 11.4 YPC, 1 TD
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #23
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

pretty good heading into conference play at 2-2

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »