Home

The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2022, 07:04 PM   #1193
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
2023 Defensive Preview

The Hawkeyes will be elite on defense,
and Dillon will be a huge reason why

Dez Dillon fights through a Robert Dyches block in practice to make the stop

Dez Dillon, or more formally Desmond Dillon the third, hails from Perry, OK. Home of Ditch Witch construction equipment. And not much else. The population is just over 5,000 people, and Perry High School has just over 300 students. Because of that, the Perry High Maroons play at the 6th highest level of Oklahoma High School Football. Where they have won three straight championships. Because of Dez Dillon, who is slated to start at outside linebacker for the Hawkeyes.

Dillon is a freak of nature farm boy, a once in a lifetime natural talent standing 6'6", 242 and looking every bit the part of an NFL player despite being 18 years old. Despite the level he played at and his age, Dillon seems to be able to do it all. He has preternatural strength due to his work on the farm where he takes pride in helping run the family business. He has even gone out on his own to add to the family's stock of cattle.

"Growing up on a farm gave me the chance to have a great work ethic, and I have put that work into my game, for sure," said Dillon. "We might not live in a big city but I'll get on the internet and research anything I need to be a better player, and my coaching staff prepared me for every bit of what I'm facing now."

Dillon says despite his reputation as a tackler and his ability to play incredible coverage, his favorite thing is to rush the passer.

"I love to get after it," Dillon said. "Letting the quarterback know that not only am I going to have a huge impact on the game from the linebacker spot, he's also going to get to know me personally."

With that, Dillon chuckled. Which I found myself doing numerous times while watching practice. Not to hype the kid up too much, but he's just a menace. He moves like a much smaller man and covers so much ground it's ridiculous. He's had few problems in coverage and seems to really enjoy playing his way through tight areas to get to the ball as well. At times he has made short work of right tackle Alec Gehlhausen or other blockers when he has blitzed.

Having Dillon can only help a team that was already very talented.

The Hawkeyes have a defense that stacks up well against any defense in the country. The starting secondary is elite - They have multiple shutdown corners including big-play D.J. Halloway. The linebackers are just as good, with David Bryant and Brandon Butler providing excellent leadership for the youngster Dillon. And the defensive line, led by Khayman Chia, is talented and deep although there has to be a weak point to any team.

Just another few days before the Hawkeyes line it up against Colorado State at home.

2023 Defensive Preview

Last edited by Hellisan; 03-12-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:59 PM   #1194
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

2023 - Around the Nation Preseason Edition

Around the Nation - Preseason Edition

Old 03-15-2022, 08:06 AM   #1195
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14)

The pieces are definitely there for another natty if Lloyd stays healthy and Mack proves to be the real deal at QB. That defense is absolutely loaded - I'm calling Dillon snagging a Freshman All-America nod pretty easily, especially when he gets to play beside Bryant and Butler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2022, 09:36 AM   #1196
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Schedule looks pretty nice for Iowa to make another run this year
Old 08-05-2022, 02:26 PM   #1197
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey yo.

We need this one back.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:03 AM   #1198
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

The itch is back, and much more importantly I have a little time so we'll see if we can get this rolling again. Where we left off is that I had no time but wanted to get my season started so I played two games without taking any notes or anything, so they will just be very quick, minimal reports on a couple of blowout games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
The pieces are definitely there for another natty if Lloyd stays healthy and Mack proves to be the real deal at QB. That defense is absolutely loaded - I'm calling Dillon snagging a Freshman All-America nod pretty easily, especially when he gets to play beside Bryant and Butler.
I hope you are right and Dillon plays like I'm expecting him to! Thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Schedule looks pretty nice for Iowa to make another run this year
Not going to lie.... I screwed up the schedule. That's some Nick Saban soft OOC scheduling. I meant to add at least one challenge game in there and forgot that step before advancing. Needless to say, I agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHossRadbourn
Hey yo.

We need this one back.
Thanks for not giving up on me! hahaha

Quick Note: When this dynasty was started, my daughter was 3 years old. As of the writing of this update, she is 12 and in the next room loudly talking manager mode FIFA to herself and berating her players, so I think I'll have to hide this ish from her or at least take a hard line stance on it when she finds it.

Last edited by Hellisan; 11-11-2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:51 AM   #1199
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

2023 - Week 1 - Colorado State @ #5 Iowa

Last edited by Hellisan; 11-11-2022 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:14 AM   #1200
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

2023 Recruiting Board

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »