Home

From the Abyss- An NCAA Football 14 Coaching Career

This is a discussion on From the Abyss- An NCAA Football 14 Coaching Career within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
From the Abyss- An NCAA Football 14 Coaching Career

Shocking Hire- Person with little football experience hired to be the offensive coordinator of Eastern Michigan University!

Ypslanti, MI-

Reports have come from the University of Eastern Michigan that the least expected has happened with the position of Offensive Coordinator- the one-in-a-trillion applicant who applied for the position of Offensive Coordinator was hired despite having very little football experience. Reports surfaced earlier that his application was being considered but that if hired, he would likely have to start at the lowest level of coaching on the team and if he did well, that he would be considered for the position later when it became open again. His resume includes:

- 3.8 out of 4.0 GPA in High School and an ACT Score of 30 out of 36.
- 3.5 College GPA as a Business Administration major at a small college.
- 4 Years of working for a Division 2 Football Team
- 6 Years of Volunteer Recreational League Football Coaching
- Studying and Analyzing football film, plays, schemes, etc. in his spare time to beat the learning curve.
- Applied repeatedly for higher level jobs across the country and got passed over repeatedly.

The athletic department stated that the team "need drastic change and reform- now is the time for something different" and "if he struggles, we are not severely set back for long- it is a high short term risk but a high long term reward hiring".
He will reportedly be made to be tutored daily in football and is allegedly on a short but patient leash.

When asked for comment, the new coordinator responded "I learned the fundamentals and coached using the fundamentals that I was tutored on as I sought advice from other current and former coaches; I never gave up and was a major film/strategy/analysis addict. I even offered to reduce my salary with the savings going to football tutors and other things to a very low amount with incentives for doing well, and asked for the tutoring that I am mandated to attend because I realize that I cannot do this by myself".

The fans are puzzled, skeptical, and upset with the hire but nonetheless are willing to give the coach a chance to prove himself to the world as major changes are the only thing that will do for this long suffering program.

I will not post much this season but I will in future seasons as I played this season already.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)

Last edited by Guru03; 06-20-2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

Re: From the Abyss- An NCAA Football 14 Coaching Career

State of the Team, especially the offense

Ypsilanti,MI-

Reports are coming out of the offseason practices that the new offensive coordinator, Dino Carpathia, is not happy with the state of the offense as of current. He is currently deciding on which system to run and experimenting in order to see what best fits the personnel he has to work with. The offensive line is reportedly the worst unit on the offense with the best unit being the wide receivers. More has yet to come from Ypsilanti and the Eagles. Quarterback Tyler Benz according to Carpathia is the "obvious choice so far at the position, but it will be a fair competition" and Running Back Bronson Hill is "most likely the starter but there are absolutely no guarantees in football".

When asked about his season predictions, Carpathia stated that "It is way too early to tell. But we will take it one game at a time. Most importantly of all, this is a learning, bonding, teaching, and ambitious year. I demand 1,000% work ethic and I will not tolerate laziness. My goal is to win the National Championship this year, if not the MAC title and a bowl game".

- Clemson
- Michigan

Last edited by Guru03; 06-20-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

Reserved- Pre Season Storylines

"Questions are still surrounding new coordinator Carpathia, Eagles offense, defense, and the wide outlook for the Eagles season"

Ypsilanti-

There are still plenty of questions surrounding the hiring of Carpathia, even with his reportedly strong work ethic, especially at football tutoring- about his personality, coaching philosophy, and a lot more. The head coach stated that "We are still happy with his progress, even though he is not where we want him to be yet. Remember, this is a project hire, not a just-add-water solution".

When Carpathia was asked why he applied for the Eastern Michigan job with much more enthusiasm than the other jobs he applied for, he stated: "This was an absolutely ideal place to live out of the places in the nation, the culture and the people here are wonderful; the region and especially the state of Michigan seemed appealing, and I put on my application comments that I really wanted to live in this area the most out of all the areas with vacant Division 1-A positions. If I love it here enough and I do well enough to be able to stay, I might just plan on staying here for life. I now see why I was turned down so many times- I was not experienced enough and I absolutely now cherish my previous rejections because I am now in the best possible scenario".

When Carpathia was asked about the offense, he said that "I will not reveal the system that I will run until game day to the public; the players know and they agreed with my plan to confuse the opponent with not revealing the system yet.

The defense reportedly is "Not looking good at all. They try their hardest but we are still a work in progress".

More is to come later.

- Clemson
- Michigan

Last edited by Guru03; 06-20-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

Season Reflections

I ran the Air Raid on All- American (mostly even except User QBA, PBK, RBK, RB Ability, and WR catching were on 55; CPU Rush Defense was on 45 and CPU interceptions was on 25).

- QB Tyler Benz completed in the low 50's % of his passes with over 700 passing attempts; threw for over 5,000 yards; 45 passing TD's and 23 INT's
- HB Bronson Hill ran for 866 yards
- WR Dustin Creel had over 1600 receiving yards and most of the others had at least 600+ receiving yards.
- LB Hunter Matt was named an All American out of nowhere.
- SS Pudge Cotton had a breakout season and was named first team All American.
- I pulled in 2 4 star recruits, some 3 stars, and I forget the rest
- I went 9-5 (7-5 regular season) winning the MAC Championship and the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
- My coach prestige went up to a C+
- I am level 4 as an OC on slowest coaching progression

Conclusions:
1) The Defense was better than expected
2) The Air Raid is working out well (using Mike Leach's base PB with revisions)
3) The future of the offense has serious questions with key departures
4) I did well in picking the right system for my personnel
5) The team reached the high end of my expectations

- Clemson
- Michigan

Last edited by Guru03; 06-20-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Reflections were inserted
Old 06-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

After this season and beyond

I checked out coaching carousel (and saved before just to taste the market) and I am getting sought after like no tomorrow. Stanford offered me the OC position as did UK and some other lower level schools. EMU offered me the HC job as Chris Creighton left for the California HC job, I got some other lower level HC offers but no mid major or big name HC offers. I will decide my future soon.

- Clemson
- Michigan

Last edited by Guru03; 06-20-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Information was put into post
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »