Home

Mining For Gold: A NCAA 14 UTEP Dynasty

This is a discussion on Mining For Gold: A NCAA 14 UTEP Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5
Mining For Gold: A NCAA 14 UTEP Dynasty

Mining For Gold: An NCAA 14 UTEP Dynasty

Kugler Steps Down, Miners Hire James Price

After a disappointing 2-10 season, Sean Kugler has stepped down as the head football coach of the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) Miners. In his place they have hired former Texas and Texas A&M QB/WR coach, James Price. This is Price's first head coaching job and will look to get UTEP on the right track. The Miners love his innovation on offense and will look to have a dynamic passing game this year.

The Rundown

Platform: PS3
Roster: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aa-14-ps3.html
Mode: Coach Mode
Sliders: Not sure, I'll edit this when I find good coach mode sliders.
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Offensive Playbook: UTEP Default (For Now)
Defensive Playbook: 4-3 Multiple
Scheduling: No FCS schools

Recruiting Rules (This is From Pocket Scout in the House Rules Thread)

LIMITS
Leaving Seniors +2
I can only have two more players on my board at any time than I have leaving my program. If I have 15 seniors I can only have a 17 players on my board and I can only sign 17 that season as well. This will help to keep from stacking my roster to easily and flushing out the bad players. If the computer adds players to the class they will be deleted, only the players that I sign will be allowed on the team.

No Scouting (Other than Pre-Season)
I can not scout any of the prospects that are on my board. Recruiting is to easy for me because I can easily find the best of what I can get to sign with my program without any issue and get those guys on campus. To combat this I will not scout any prospects. Once a kid commits to my program I can then scout him to see what I've got, those Gems and Busts titles are now going to carry a lot more meaning and impact since I will be stuck with these kids. This does add a "kid at Christmas morning" feel to when I get the message that a kid has signed with my program because then I get to go and find out what I really just signed. --I am adding that I can scout in the preseason, the CPU does it for you anyway and a least will know a little bit about the guys I'm going after.

REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS

Pipelines
After playing 5 seasons I have noticed the new recruiting setup for NCAA 2014 gives you the ability to recruit Nationally very easy. In real life your pipelines and home state are very important to recruiting and few programs easily recruit nationally. To bring this game back better in line with real life I am implementing the following.
Note: Coastal/Border school defined as any school within 170 miles of the border or coast line.
Local (1*) I can only recruit my home state and pipelines.
Close to Home (2* and 3*) I can only recruit my home state, pipelines and states that are within a 200 mile radius of my campus. 350 miles if coastal\US border school.
Regional (4*) I can only recruit my home state, pipelines and states that are within a 400 mile radius of my campus. 600 miles if coastal\US border school.
National (5* and 6*) No distance limitations but all other interest restrictions and limits still apply.

Five Outsiders
I can recruit five guys who are outside of my regionally restricted area. This will allow me to try and build new pipelines but with it only being three players a year it will take multiple years to establish those pipelines.

INTEREST RESTRICTIONS
Ranked in Recruits Top 10
I must be in a recruits Top 10 to be able to recruit them. I look at this as these are players that my coaching staff has been recruiting since their sophomore and junior year in high school. We have already identified these kids as who we want in our program and now we are just narrowing down who we are going to bring on campus.
Five Outsiders
The five players who are considered my three outsiders do not have the "be in their Top 10 restriction", but I can only recruit players who are no more than 1* higher than my teams current prestige.
In State
I can recruit any players in my schools home state (there is no "be in their Top 10 restriction" and no star restrictions).

Team Rules
I am going to have a few rules to keep this fun and interesting

1. Before every season I will cut the player with the lowest awareness for "academic reasons"
2. I may not try to persuade any players wishing to transfer from Idaho, however I may try to persuade players to stay from the NFL draft if they are under 95 overall.
3. Every 4th game a random player will infract a team rule and be out for either a quarter, half, or game.
4. Every other game I will have a random starter or player that plays meaningful minutes get injured. Injuries don't happen enough by themselves, so I will do a process that will be described later. Severity of injuries goes: Questionable (Loses 5 attribute points to a few important stats) out for 1 game, out for 2-5 games, and out for the season.

To do injuries I'll do a simple string of chances. First, I'll flip a coin; heads is offense and tails is defense. Next I'll get 2 dice and roll. Every position has a #, and then I'll roll one die to determine how bad the injury is. 1 will be no injury, 2 will be questionable, 3 and 4 out for 1 game, 5 out for 2-5 games and 6 is out for season. If I roll 5 I'll do another die roll to see how many games they are out.

Team rule infractions is same thing with the die, 1 and 2 is out for a quarter, 3 and 4 is out for half, and 5 and 6 is out for game.

__________________________________________________ ___________
I'll be the first to admit I'm horrible at keeping dynasties going. However, I actually feel I can keep this one going. I'm not too busy now and won't be until this spring. I should be able to post enough to keep my interest but not too much so I'll get burnt out. Expect posts maybe 4 times a week.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Let's get into why I picked UTEP, first of all my criteria for picking a team was simple. I wanted a bad team to build up. That team needed some decent jerseys and a cool stadium. I love UTEP's jersey combinations in this game and the Sun Bowl stadium is great. Also I've been messing around in coach mode the past couple weeks and it's pretty fun. So, I decided to use it in a dynasty. NCAA 14 is a pretty easy game so I hope coach mode will give me a challenge. I don't expect to get this started for a few days, so expect a few preseason articles before training camp starts along with the spring game.

I have a lot of interesting ideas I want to try out, so the first season will be a lot of testing until I find something I like. I hope you all enjoy this.

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html

Last edited by letsgocavs99; 09-21-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Re: Mining For Gold: A NCAA 14 UTEP Dynasty

Season Previews

Spoiler

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html

Last edited by letsgocavs99; 09-22-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Reserved for season review

Old 09-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Recruiting Classes

2014-2015 Season

Old 09-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #5
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Awards and Accolades

2014-2015 Season

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Bowl Games/Coach Statistics

Coaching Career

Record:
Winning %:
Top 25 Recruiting Classes:

Bowl History:

Old 09-21-2014, 12:00 AM   #7
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

Okay you can all post now. I'm hoping this will be a fun dynasty. Also if anyone can get me some banners or graphics it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #8
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

I also am planning on making 3 recruits each season. So if you would like to be a recruit in this dynasty fill out this template.

Name:
Position:
Height:
Weight:
City and State:
Jersey Number:
Special Equipment:
Skin Tone (Light, Medium, Dark):
3 Strengths:
3 Weaknesses:

I will then track your progress throughout your college career. So if you want to be in my dynasty, submit a player. I'm working on the season preview so that should be up tomorrow. I really hope this turns out to be a fun dynasty that lasts for a long time.

Last edited by letsgocavs99; 09-22-2014 at 10:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »