Home

Resurgence-An NCAA RTG dynasty

This is a discussion on Resurgence-An NCAA RTG dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

OVR: 0
Resurgence-An NCAA RTG dynasty

Since it seems like there's a bit of a resurgence or renascence in the RTG stories I might as well join in on the fun. I'll be playing as JW Greyvenstein an athlete with too much mouth and not nearly as much talent. So anyway the story will start after moving from a small farming community to Florida where his parents are going to retire after he leaves for college. So, sit back and enjoy.

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 10-12-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Re: Resurgence-An NCAA RTG dynasty

(August 23,2013)
I woke at 5:30 somewhat outta habit, somewhat outta excitement. With football tryouts starting today I felt like a kid on his birthday, excited but nervous with what's to come. So, avoiding the potential rage of waking my parents up I snuck downstairs and check my phone. After half an hour my parents came down stairs and made themselves some coffee and read the newspaper or whatever. after about an hour I decided to walk to school because they started talking about some thing that I did care and didn't understand.

The walk to my school, Dayton High, was an uneventful one except for the fact that some idiot nearly ran me over in his Cadillac. I arrived at school and only knew a few kids from my neighbourhood who were a few years younger than me. So I basically just stood by the water cooler until the tryouts began. The coach called us in, "Welcome to another year of Badger Football," he said. Then we broke into some groups and did some basic drills were we essentially just running on the spot. After what seemed like an eternity but was the equivalent of 15 minutes we broke into groups of 4. I headed into the are where most of the Quarterbacks were, the only problem was that there were about 3 other kids another senior, a sophomore and freshman. The other senior, Marcus, and I were stride for stride. Marcus eventually asked where I learned to throw like that and I responded, "baseball". He eventually wished me luck and headed over to the receivers.

That left the three of us. Thankfully the groups ended and we gathered in the middle we broke into defensive groups and I just headed to the corners position. I was burned a few times but didn't do that badly.

The end of the first half of practice ended and I went to a nearby Subway to get food into my body. Then finally I headed back to the field to see a fight breakout between a Senior that seemed to be 120 lbs soaking wet and a bigger Junior I eventually ran towards the group finally stopping the fight after the junior had pinned the senior down to the ground. Thankfully, I had some help or else that Junior probably would have knocked the snot outta me. I helped the Senior up and he told me his name, Tre and that he lived near the middle of town about a half an hour driving distance from the school. So, I learned he was a halfback that started last year but he was 5'5 so he took a beating last year, this year he had grown about 2 inches. He later told he only has his mom and was trying to be the first in his family to make it to college.

The second half of 2-a-days was pretty lacklustre. So when I got home I passed out of my bed and started thinking...
Old 10-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

(August 23) 5:30 pm

I had just woken up from my sleep, so naturally I went downstairs and turned on the TV while I got myself a bowl of Froot Loops. I changed the channel from Judge Judy to ESPN and started watching those college preview shows where they previewed every team in Florida. They went through FAU, FIU, Florida then Florida State, they got through USF and then UCF before finally Miami. My mom came and told me to put the garbage cans in the garage. I slowly got up and walked towards the garage and put the bins in the garage next to the cars, I came back in and saw my mom totally engrossed in Miami's preview.She turned around and saw me so she got up and walked toward the computer. I finished watching the show and got up to tell my mom I was heading to the football field to practice with Marcus and Tre. I looked over her shoulder and saw the University of Miami's website on and of course she was checking out the different programs and all that stuff, I was surprised how fast she became a Cane fan, it took about 2 minutes. I grabbed my football and headed down the street processing how fast my mom became a fan of Miami.

As I was walking down the street I saw an old man cleaning his garage. I probably wouldn't have stopped and asked him if he needed help except he was in a wheelchair. He said,"Sure, I'd love an extra hand," so I walked over dropped the football and walked over to him and helped him lift a pretty heavy box. "You play ball?" He asked as he put some bowling balls on a shelf.
"Ya, I'm trying out for the high school team just up the street." I replied slowly.
"I used to play ball, over for the "U" he replied.
"What did you play?" I asked as I became more and more interested in the conversation.
"I played QB back in '61" he answered and I could hear the excitement building in his voice.

He eventually explained how he had played for the Canes and started in his Sophomore year over a Senior, how he was a bench player for the Cowboys in '66, and how he screwed his knee up in 1970 because of a fake field goal. He retired in '72 and how if I ever went on the Internet again I should search up Richard Parker...

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 10-12-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

(August 30 2013)8:00 am
It had been a week since I first talked with Richard Parker. The practices with Tre and Marcus had become near perfect almost every play and eventually the last few days of summer felt as though they were taking forever when school finally started. School was always a focal point with my parents and I did well in school but sports was my love. The only reason I was excited for school was that the football team was going to be announced.

When I got to school I went straight to the school's athletic bulletin. I looked at defense and saw 3rd FS I headed over to where the offense was and saw first string QB with Tre as the HB and Marcus at slot. I was pretty ecstatic to say the least. Now I did rub it in anyone's face but I had a pretty big smile on my face. The school day flew by after that except for advanced math.

Finally the day ended and me and Tre went to the park to celebrate, then a dark SUV pulled up...

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 10-15-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #5
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

(August 30) 7:30 pm

You didn’t need to tell me and Tre to get out of there; we booked it from the field to my place in record time. As Tre and I ran up the stairs I told my mom that I made the team and Tre was playing Madden 25 with me. We went upstairs and turned on to the local news channel DRK 7 and saw the crazy events transpiring only about a block or two from my house. It was about an hour and a half when me and Tre finally turned on the news.

Newscaster: The gang el siete were caught in a massive firefight with police just outside of Dayton High. Marcus O’Henry a senior at Dayton High has been shot and killed by Dayton police. The police have also arrested Drew O’Henry, the brother of Marcus, from the gang. Eyewitness reports state the gang robbed Pearl’s, the local jewellery store before stopping at the school football field to drop the package of to a buyer. Luckily police stepped in before the transaction could be completed. Soon after police killed Marcus O’Henry gang members, Mathew Harding, Ryan Drake, Greg Jackson, Mike Reading, and Graham Reading fled the scene and are still at large. If you have any information you are asked to call police.

Me and Tre sat there wide eyed looking at each other. Marcus, the guy we had spent practicing for hours was dead. Tre phoned his mom and told her that he would be staying the night.

That night I had trouble falling asleep just in the shear fact that it had happen so close to home. Tre also couldn’t fall asleep so we just sat there quietly talking to ourselves. Careful not to wake my parents we went to turn on the TV. There wasn’t any new information so I slowly drifted to sleep.

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 10-15-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

September 3, 2013

It had been 4 days since Marcus' death and it still felt weird. I had been forced to make the move to runningback after various shifts/moves. I was still adjusting. I also had to move to starting FS. I was walking home from practice one day when I saw Richard Parker talking to some guy but it looked like it was getting quite heated so I ran home and googled Richard Parker...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »