Home

Rewriting History: FlyingHigh's Northeastern Huskies (NCAA06)

This is a discussion on Rewriting History: FlyingHigh's Northeastern Huskies (NCAA06) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Rewriting History: FlyingHigh's Northeastern Huskies (NCAA06)

Rewriting History: FlyingHigh's Northeastern Huskies

1.1 Prologue

Early Tuesday morning, Northeastern announced the signing of a new head coach. A program that has struggled to find success on the recruiting trail, and ultimately as an NCAA football program, the Huskies have signed Coach Flying High to a three-year deal at an undisclosed amount.

Coach High, a fairly unknown candidate for the recently vacant position, was formerly the Tight End's coach at the University of Southern California. More importantly, High led a recruiting program alongside Pete Carroll that saw USC land prized recruits Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and Darnell Bing. "Coach High looks to bring his strong recruiting experience to Northeastern, in hopes of gaining some traction here in our home state" said AD Terry Reuters. "He also has a solid track record as a HC up in his home country of Canada."

Only 28 years old, Coach High, a native of Toronto, Ontario, coached the Queen's University Golden Gaels for three years (21-9) before heading south to Trojan-land. Although it isn't clear that he'll bring the same style of coaching to Northeastern’s campus in Boston, High heavily favoured a fast paced spread style offense in his time at Queens.

"Anytime you have a Division-I football program bring in a relatively unknown head coach, you're going to ruffle up some feathers," said High when responding to the report of some upset Tech alumni. "I just want the fans, faculty, athletes and alumni at Northeastern to know that I pride myself on innovation and dedication. We're going to change the landscape of football in the Northeast. Go Huskies.”

Game: NCAA Football 06[PS2]
Quarter Length: 4 Minutes
Sliders: Own
Rosters: Own
Recruiting: Allowed to target 5 non-pipeline state recruits per season. Rest must be pipeline. Not allowed to dedicate anymore than 30 hours weekly to any one recruit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Rewriting History: FlyingHigh's Northeastern Huskies (NCAA06)

NCAA Board of Directors vote, change is coming.
Indianapolis, Indiana (AP) - The NCAA Board of Directors, led by Commissioner Myles Brand, voted 7-2 in favour of having the Mid-American Conference replaced as of the 2006 season. This decision is said to come after the twelve Mid-American Conference football programs have struggled to succeed on a national scale over the past years. This ends a lengthy history, as the MAC has been around since 1946.

Replacing the Mid-American Conference will be the newly assembled Colonial Athletic Conference. The conference will feature a north/south division layout, predominately with teams from the Northeastern states. The divisions are as follows:

North: New Hampshire, Rhode Island, UMass, Northeastern, Hofstra, Maine
South: Delaware, Delaware State, James Madison, Morgan State, Villanova, Towson.

"The NCAA is a tradition rich association. We pride ourselves on history and culture," said NCAA Commissioner Myles Brand "With that being said, change can often be the catalyst for even greater success. Our board of directors that the newly FBS-appointed CAC will be exciting and competitive."
Old 11-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Rookie

(top left) Auburn QB Brandon Cox celebrates national championship // (top right) After an incredible season, USC QB Matt Leinart takes home the heisman //
(bottom left) New Hampshire win the inaugural CAC championship // (bottom right) Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson runs rampant in '06, projected #1 in NFL draft

Auburn shock the world, win national championship in a season crazier than any in recent memory, The #3 Auburn Tigers pulled off a monumental upset against the #1 USC Trojans by the score of 28-20. QB Brandon Cox was named game MVP (21/31, 288 yards, 3 TDs)

New Hampshire win first ever CAC Championship The Wildcats, led by QB Ricky Santos edge Delaware to claim the first ever CAC title.

Michigan and Ohio State battle in instant classic The Buckeyes and Wolverines rivalry went to a new level as it took the two 6 OT's to decide a winner. Ultimately Michigan came out ontop, 65-59

Huskies finish first FBS campaign with single win Northeastern's season ended in frustrating fashion, picking up only a singular win against fellow CAC member Rhode Island.

QB Eric King (Jr), DE Justin Bates (Jr) named to 2ND Team All-CAC King and Bates remained two of the only bright spots in an awful season for the Huskies. The two will look to continue the success next season.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
Rookie

motorox8's Arena

OVR: 0

As a huge JMU fan/student I'll be following just for the sake of the CAA becoming FBS! But either way I'm excited to see where this goes, I'll be following along.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorox8
As a huge JMU fan/student I'll be following just for the sake of the CAA becoming FBS! But either way I'm excited to see where this goes, I'll be following along.
Thanks reading man! That's really cool to hear. I'll be sure to include some JMU updates!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Huskies bolster offensive line on recruiting trail

**** FS Micah Hall // *** RB Corey Fitch // *** T Ernest Austram // *** T Carl Clark // *** C Corey Wheeler

Northeastern Huskies Recruiting - 2006
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
Micah HallFSHSBrooklyn, New York5'11191
Corey FitchRBHSHartford, Connecticut5'10230
Ernest AustrumLTHSAmherst, Massachusetts6'9307
Carl ClarkRTHSAlbany, New York6'4288
Cory WheelerCHSTraverse City, Michigan6'5305

Tyler Wreight // www.rivals.com - Notorious for recruiting game changing skill position players, Coach High took a different approach this past recruiting season. The Huskies recruiting class found itself ranked 8th in the CAC, landing some players that should make an impact on the field the minute they step foot on campus. Coach High had this to say about his recruits:

FS Micah Hall - "Micah is a natural leader. Playing both ways in high school (WR/FS), Micah will be a much needed ball hawk in our secondary. We lacked a defensive leader last year, and although it may be a daunting task for a freshman, we expect Micah to step in and be an anchor in our secondary."

RB Corey Fitch - "Corey runs hard and can be quite the load to bring down. With a young front line, we need a guy who can break the odd tackle at the line of scrimage, and Corey can be that guy."

T Ernest Austrum - "When you have a guy standing 6'9' with feet that quick, you have something special. He'll be a Day 1 starter."

T Carl Clark - "Carl comes from a football family, with his brother Ryan playing in the NFL. He has incredibly high football IQ. For him to make the next step, he's going to need to hit the weights this off season. He has a high ceiling."

C Cory Wheeler - "Cory will provide some much needed help at the Center position. Although he played in a wishbone system in highschooly, we think he'll be fine transitioning into our offense."

Last edited by Flyinghigh; 11-24-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
Rookie

iou1's Arena

OVR: 0

As a fellow Old School gamer myself, I am excited to see something like this get going. Following and looking forward to its development.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iou1
As a fellow Old School gamer myself, I am excited to see something like this get going. Following and looking forward to its development.
Thanks for reading/following man. Cool to see a fellow old school gamer here. What would you say your favorite part about the older games are? I think mine is the difference in how each player plays. It really makes stars play like stars and recruiting the extra bit fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »