Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2015, 04:55 AM   #721

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

At least you got the win but that rushing attack and really the offense in general needs to get it together. Hopefully the bye week gives you some time to regroup. Looking good as always!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #722
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Your offensive performance is horrific. The streak is in danger going into Big 12 play if you guys can't pull it together
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
At least you got the win but that rushing attack and really the offense in general needs to get it together. Hopefully the bye week gives you some time to regroup. Looking good as always!
Thanks guys. This is the first time I think we've had a problem with the rushing attack since season 1, and you're allowed a mulligan there anyhow.

The big problem is indeed becoming the line, which is really odd because we have 4 starters back from last year, the same line that allowed Josh Marriner to rack up 2000 yards. D-Ham isn't getting enough time to find the open men, and Johnson just isn't getting the holes he needs, he's not fast enough to run stretches and sweeps each play. Defenses have been blitzing us more, and 'Keel hasn't had any room to do anything.

We're working on it, I promise. Even if the overall win streak ends, I'm looking to keep that home win streak going. We aren't back home until we face Baylor in Week 7 (I think), then Kansas in week 9 or 10. Our harder games are all going to be on the road. Besides, being the pessimist I am, I wasn't calling for back to back at the start of the year. We'll see.

Again, thanks for checking in, as usual.

And if you haven't done so already, send in your CAC's!!! You have a week, sign up form on the last page. All you need to do is fill that out, I take care of the rest. Just don't make the names as long as Equanimeous St. Brown Sr. Haha.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #723
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Michigan A.D. Brandon stepping down in January; UConn A.D. Manuel top target

How does this affect Coach Diaco and his future at UConn?

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon has confirmed that he is stepping down from his post, effective January 1, 2019, per MLive.com.

Concerns had been growing since 2014 over Brandon's attitude toward fans and Michigan's traditions. Brandon declined interview, but university president Mark Schlissel said this is one of the big reasons for his departure.

Schlissel has indicated he will serve as interim athletic director, and intends to spearhead the search for a new A.D. He is hoping to have a replacement lined up by December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan president Mark Schlissel
"I'm more than happy to help out in the interim, but we need to find a replacement before the year is out. I have full confidence that we can bring in the best replacement possible. And the Michigan family wishes Dave all the best.
Schlissel did not indicate his top candidates, but all speculation leads to UConn A.D. and Michigan alum Warde Manuel as the obvious top candidate. Since 2014, UConn has doubled their budget and allowed for renovations on the XL Center in Hartford and other buildings around campus, while increasing performance on the football field by hiring Bob Diaco, who has in 4 years has taken UConn to the New Year's Six in 2016 and 2017, winning the national title in 2017.

Manuel declined comment.

----------------------------

How does this affect Coach Diaco?

After the past two offseasons being filled with musical chairs and rumors that Bob Diaco might be leaving UConn, they may be intensified if Manuel leaves.

Diaco has been granted virtually whatever he has needed to make the football program a success at UConn, and under someone other than Manuel that may change, and potentially be a turnoff. Diaco can opt out at any time after this season, and his current contract runs past 2020. No details were confirmed, but he is believed to be under contract through 2023.

Diaco has been entertaining offers from bigger schools such as USC and Alabama and NFL teams in the Vikings and Raiders in recent years, so the lure of complete power under someone new may bring Diaco somewhere else. The fact he had declined another extension last offseason doesn't help fans gain confidence.

We'll keep you posted as more information becomes available.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:53 PM   #724
MVP

whughes's Arena

IRL, I'm very happy with Michigan hiring Harbaugh. But in this dynasty, I wouldn't mind Diaco scooting over to the Big House. Not sure who the coach there is in this dynasty but they've had them in the top 25 pretty consistently the last few seasons, so Diaco to Michigan probably won't even be an option

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 08-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #725
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Other Notable Scores:

Rice 45, Northwestern 21
North Dakota St. 25, Kansas 18
Georgia Tech 42, Florida St. 21
Virginia Tech 29, Clemson 23
Georgia 35, Kentucky 18
TCU 49, FIU 28
Auburn 49, Alabama A&M 17
UMass 27, Indiana 21
Baylor 35, Duke 20
Stanford 49, Arizona St. 35
UCLA 41, Washington 17
Florida 44, Tennessee 27
Minnesota 34, Ohio St. 31
UCF 49, Texas 28
Ole Miss 52, Tulane 21
BYU 49, ECU 30
Cincinnati 35, Miami-OH 21
San Diego St. 38, UAB 3
San Jose St. 42, Iowa St. 21
Notre Dame 35, Miami-FL 24
West Virginia 38, Maryland 31
LSU 30, Texas A&M 24
Wyoming 31, Air Force 19

NCAA Players of the Week

UConn ST coordinator Bob Trebell (DrGravyBoat) and his Huskies won 21-12 over Boston College at Gillette Stadium to move to 4-0. They are on a bye and face Oklahoma St. on the road in Week 6.

Other CAC Results

Laurence Gilbert (OC, Syracuse, Mike7Vinas)

BYE (1-2, 0-1)

Week 5: vs. Georgia Tech (1-1, 1-0)

Tyrell Coley (OC, Rutgers, Knickerbocker91)

L (2-1), 17-48 vs. Iowa (2-1)

L. Wilson: 9-26, 114 yds, TD
J. Hicks: 14 rush, 99 yds, TD
C. Scarff: 3 rec, 25 yds

Week 5: @ Northwestern (1-2)

Sam Freday (OC, Bowling Green, RoundingThird)

L (2-1), 31-35 vs. Memphis (1-2)

C. Williams: 8-24, 148 yds, 2 TD, 14 rush, 40 yds, 2 TD
B. English: 18 rush, 100 yds
W. McNeal: 5 rec, 83 yds, 2 TD

Week 5: BYE

J.J. Mac (OC, UTEP, RedRaider10)

L (0-3) 32-42 vs. Colorado (3-0)

C. Samples: 12-27, 267 yds, 2 TD-3 INT, 16 rush, 57 yds
T. Irby: 10 rush, 48 yds, TD
S. Napier: 5 rec, 142 yds, TD

Week 5: vs. Western Kentucky (3-0, 1-0)

Brian Grant (OC, New Mexico St., LadiesandEdelman)

L (1-2) 14-42 vs. Arkansas (2-2)

N. Jeanty: 23-39, 232 yds, 2 TD-4 INT, 29 rush, 131 yds
C. McNeil: 10 rush, 55 yds
M. Shelton: 6 rec, 63 yds

Week 5: BYE

Dale Miller (OC, UL-Lafayette, glunsford)

L (0-2), 17-31 vs. UNLV (2-0)

J. Davis: 12-27, 164 yds, TD
A. Wilson: 21 rush, 102 yds, TD
T. Holland: 3 rec, 70 yds

Week 5: @ Texas Tech (3-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
IRL, I'm very happy with Michigan hiring Harbaugh. But in this dynasty, I wouldn't mind Diaco scooting over to the Big House. Not sure who the coach there is in this dynasty but they've had them in the top 25 pretty consistently the last few seasons, so Diaco to Michigan probably won't even be an option
Hoke is still the coach. But I've gathered up some results from past seasons just so you can get some info here.

2014: 10-4, lost Fiesta Bowl to BYU -- B1G Champs
2015: 7-6, won Outback Bowl vs.. forgot to write that down. Doesn't really matter anyhow.
2016: 11-3, won Citrus Bowl vs. Florida. (Was ranked #2 before a loss in the B1G Title Game to Minnesota).
2017: 9-4, won AdvocareV100 Texas Bowl vs. BYU

And Hoke is off to a 3-0 start here. Barring an epic collapse (losing QB Shane Glover would be the likely reason), Hoke looks pretty safe, and he's done a solid job overall. Not sure how long this relative inconsistency can work for UM though.

Even if Manuel leaves for Michigan and Hoke is still there, it wouldn't exactly be earth shattering if Diaco left, especially for the NFL so he can have full control as he does here. Manuel has been a saint to him, I just can't see Diaco gelling with any other A.D. (or for that matter, anyone gelling with him, dude's crazy hyper in real life haha).

We'll see what happens at the end of the year. We've been coming up with these weird rumors for 3 seasons now, so for all I know this is just another tall tale and Diaco is still roaming the sidelines in Hartford come 2019.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #726
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Watts: "We are likely dropping UAB football after 2018"

At a press conference at school HQ in Birmingham this morning, UAB president Ray Watts uttered the words no fans in the area were anticipating hearing: "We are likely dropping UAB football after 2018."

Watts and school admin have yet to confirm the decision, but the end result is looking more and more accurate to the statement. UAB has been in financial trouble for the past several years and has been receiving very little support from the University of Alabama system over the past 10 years athletically.

Watts elaborated by stating the university really had two choices to improve the financial situation: cut football and save other sports, or cut several other sports to save football. He says "administration is still deliberating over what to do."

UAB is clearly up in arms as a school and community, as students and fans held protests calling for the firing of Watts, among other higher-ups in the Alabama university system, including trustee Paul Bryant Jr., who is believed to be the mastermind behind the financial troubles. Reports say he is forcing UAB to run the athletic department through him. Both Watts and Bryant Jr. declined to comment.

Country music star Sam Hunt, a former QB at UAB and Middle Tennessee St., took to twitter to say simply, "Free UAB", as did Atlanta Falcons WR Roddy White, who holds multiple UAB receiving records.

UAB left Conference USA at the close of 2017 and is now independent in football, and is in the Sun Belt for all other sports. The Blazers finished 3-9 in 2016, and faded to 1-11 last year. Head coach Bill Clark was fired in December.

WR coach Larry Leonard was promoted to the head post in January, and has led the Blazers to a 1-2 start in 2018.

Clark eloquently said last year that they just needed to keep winning. Coach Leonard delivered a powerful statement upon hearing the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Leonard
It's a shame that young men playing football for pleasure and grown men coaching for a living are being subjected to nonsense from talking heads. We'll keep doing what we're doing until they tell us to stop. We've had a good start, and perhaps we can rally around this. There's nothing we can do, just keep our heads up. And when the end comes, so be it.
Should UAB shutter their football program, it is believed the NCAA will pool FCS teams capable of moving to the FBS in attempts to make it financially possible to move up. Tennessee St., Texas Southern, Georgia Southern, Appalachian St., North Dakota St. and New Hampshire are among potential candidates to join the FBS in such a scenario.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:53 PM   #727
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

Question, if Diaco would leave I am assuming you would follow the new Head Coach at UConn right? Or would you focus on Diaco. The name leads me to believe UConn.

Also another great showing by my offense at UTSA!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 08-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #728
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

NOTE: I messed up some of the next week's matchups in the CAC recap, so I got that fixed. Coach Coley, Gilbert, and Freday accidentally had their Week 6 games up, that is now fixed to reflect Week 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
Question, if Diaco would leave I am assuming you would follow the new Head Coach at UConn right? Or would you focus on Diaco. The name leads me to believe UConn.

Also another great showing by my offense at UTSA!
Correct, we'd follow the new coach, whoever it may be. If the storyline unfolds so that Diaco leaves, I'd bring him to his new job and switch users to the new UConn coach, whoever the CPU selects. This is a UConn dynasty and strictly that.

The Thomas-Thomas connection is definitely working for you, and I'm glad to see you guys having some success after a rough year last year.

Hopefully you can keep it rolling against Buffalo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »