Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #465
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Panthers' Defensive Standouts Recognized in National Awards
Report by Matt Schmidlin | December 21, 2019

While LSU's Joe Burrow provided a clean sweep of the major offensive awards, the Pitt Panthers did claim some individual hardware for a few defenders after a sensational season by Pat Narduzzi and Co.'s defensive corps.

Pitt FS Paris Ford claimed the top defensive honor on the night, as he was awarded the Bednarik Award as the nation's most outstanding defensive player. Ford has been an absolute menace in the Pitt secondary, with the junior leading the team in tackles (83) while intercepting four passes (two of which he returned for touchdowns) and defending four others. The product of Steel Valley HS has also played a part in two other turnovers, forcing a fumble and recovering a separate fumble as well.

"It's humbling, for sure," Ford said. "My goal is to make an impact every game to help our team win, so this is just recognition of that."

Ford also claimed the Thorpe award as the best defensive back in the country, an award that senior CB Damar Hamlin won two years ago. Hamlin also won the Bednarik that season.

"We've always been a pair," Ford said. "He's like my big bro, so for us to both win these awards is really special."

Ford wasn't the only Panther defender to be recongnized, as Senior DE Patrick Jones II claimed the Lombardi Award as the nation's top defensive lineman, an award won by former Pitt DE Dewayne Hendrix two seasons prior as well.

Jones II had a breakout senior season for the Panthers, picking up 40 tackles, including a whopping 22 for loss, and 8 sacks after coming into the season with just a single career tackle. His ability to tackle in the open field and stop runners on the edge as well as pursue players across the field helped to make his case, even when sitting behind a few of his teammates on the sack leaderboard for the Panthers, who lead the country in sacks. Jones also finished second in voting for the Nagurski award as the best front seven defender in the country.

"Pat's work ethic this offseason was unmatched, and he has been greatly rewarded for that," Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi said. "He's a guy that is going to make an impact at the next level, and he really put the nation on notice this year."

For a full recap of all awards, check out the video below.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #466
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Congrats on the defensive awards!
Old 04-23-2020, 05:28 PM   #467
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

In this thread, I'll be playing the role of "Irate Alabama Fan" once UAB gets throttled by 5 TDs.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd put UAB in as well just because I'll always lean towards the underdog who hasn't been there before... But yea, I would love to see all the metric craptons of internet salt that would flow from Bama fans if UAB played poorly.)
Old 04-23-2020, 10:04 PM   #468
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
In this thread, I'll be playing the role of "Irate Alabama Fan" once UAB gets throttled by 5 TDs.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd put UAB in as well just because I'll always lean towards the underdog who hasn't been there before... But yea, I would love to see all the metric craptons of internet salt that would flow from Bama fans if UAB played poorly.)
Oh no doubt, in my opinion Alabama deserved to make it, and other than going undefeated I don't think UAB really did anything over and above to show that they deserved to get in, but the committee wanted to see it and so they will get their chance! I'm sure ESPN Radio is going nuts right about now... *THEY AIN'T PLAYED ANYBODY PAWLLLLLLL!!!*

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 04-23-2020, 10:16 PM   #469
MVP

moose141's Arena

TLDR EDIT: I tried playing the Ohio State game once and my Xbox overheated and shut off in the final minutes and so I was venting.

Last edited by moose141; 04-24-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:33 PM   #470
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Ouch.

Take a few minutes to compose yourself...

And now all you can do is get back on that unreliable ancient console saddle and keep riding! If we don't keep NCAA football gaming alive then who will?!?! WHO WILL DAMMIT!?!?!
Old 04-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #471
MVP

moose141's Arena

FIESTA BOWL PREVIEW
Report by Matt Schmidlin | December 26, 2019

What: #3 Pitt (11-2) vs. #2 Ohio State (12-0)
Where: State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ
When: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 8:00 PM EST

Game Line Pres. by FanDuel: Ohio State (-6.5)
ESPN Prediction: Ohio State (as if Herbstreit would ever pick against them)

Last Meeting (1996): 72-0 Ohio State (Don't ask...)
Last Meeting at Venue (1984): 28-23 Ohio State
All Time Series: 19-5-1 Ohio State
Dynasty Series: First Meeting

What to Watch

Who are the Buckeyes?

After missing out on a trip to the College Football Playoff last season, the Ohio State Buckeyes made sure the selection committee had absolutely no doubt that they would be in this year, finishing off an undefeated regular season with a Big Ten title win over Wisconsin to earn the #2 seed in the eyes of the selectors.

After a bit of roster turnover from last season (see: Joe Burrow), the Buckeyes have been led by RS-Junior QB Dwayne Haskins, who has been an efficient passer, compiling 26 TDs against just 4 INTs on the season thus far. A huge blow for the Buckeyes will be the loss of top receiver Torrance Gibson, who will miss the entirety of the playoffs with a dislocated ankle. Gibson has easily been Haskins' favorite target this season, leading the Buckeyes with 70 catches and 13 TDs while the next closest receiver has hauled in just 37 passes.

Even while missing a major weapon, the Buckeyes are stacked in the backfield. Senior Mike Weber racked up over 1200 yards on the ground and 14 TDs despite missing the Big Ten championship game, and his deputy Antonio Williams has been no slouch, tallying nearly 1000 yards on the ground as well and adding 13 TDs of his own. Both tailbacks provide excellent receiving outlooks out the backfield as well, combining for 42 receptions, and will allow Ohio State to provide an assortment of looks offensively to try and catch the Panthers' highly regarded defense off guard.

Revenge About to Be Served?

Interestingly enough, who was the team that kept Ohio State out of the playoffs in 2018? You guessed it, the Pitt Panthers. After both teams finished with 12-1 records and conference titles, the selection committee inserted the Panthers in the playoff and left the Buckeyes out in the cold after deeming Pitt to have a stronger resume than Ohio State, largely on the basis of strength of schedule.

The Panthers ended up losing in the Orange Bowl to top-seeded Washington, 31-24, who went on to win the national title over Oklahoma. The Buckeyes, meanwhile, won the Rose Bowl over UCLA and still feel the sting of missing out on their chance to state their case to be champion. Will Ohio State be able to get their revenge against the Panthers in Glendale?

What to Expect on the Field on Saturday

Who do you think will be playing for the National Championship: Pitt or Ohio State?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2020, 02:15 AM   #472
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Well I would love it for you to win. I feel Ohio State pulls out the "W" Your Defense is good, but their Offense is scary good and their Defense is good enough to keep you from making it a shootout...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »