Home

#ALLIN: Cathedral Football — Part II

This is a discussion on #ALLIN: Cathedral Football — Part II within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #65
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: #ALLIN: Cathedral Football — Part II

TEAM LEADERS

passing
j.t. wiggins: 215-385, 2,798 yds, 27 td, 19 int *

rushing
khyree briscoe: 247 att, 1278 yds, 7 td
cameron blackshear: 170 att, 800 yds, 7 td
j.t. wiggins: 110 att, 424 yds, 6 td
aiyden holliday: 8 att, 87 yds, 1 td
kordell holland: 25 att, 43 yds, 2 td

receiving
deshone kilroy: 35 rec, 523 yds, 7 td
aiyden holliday: 30 rec, 500 yds, 4 td
victory thorne-noble: 23 rec, 415 yds, 2 td
niles kirkland: 42 rec, 399 yds, 2 td
devonta lewis: 21 rec, 342 yds, 4 td
jaivon edwards: 17 rec, 272 yds, 2 td
efrem diallo: 21 rec, 174 yds, 3 td
cameron blackshear: 11 rec, 125 yds, 1 td

defense
r.j. parrish: 76 tak, 5 tfl, 2 int, 12 pd, 1 fr
nicky wisniewski: 24 tfl
michael goolsby: 10 sacks
thaireee chatman: 5 int
jaylen house-bowen: 14 pd

kicking
kelly kemp: 8-10, 80%, long 39
seth sledge: 73 ko, 28 tb

punting
seth sledge: 45 att, 1977 yds, 43.9 avg, 11 inside 20, long 61

kickoff return
jaivon edwards: 19 kr, 525 yds, 1 td
victory thorne-noble: 8 kr, 147 yds
shy crabtree: 8 kr, 146 yds

punt return
victory thorne-noble: 22 pr, 170 yds

* indicates team record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #66
All Star

beast10's Arena

2028 OFF-SEASON RECAP

coaching changes
bo pelini inked a four year extension following cathedral’s crowning as acc champions. pelini, who has accumulated a record of 27-13 over the past three years, is now on contract until 2031. both coordinators, phil parker (DC) and chris petersen (OC) remained on staff following outstanding seasons.

departing players
cathedral lost a chunk of impact starters in this year’s departing class. r.j. parrish, a three year starter, along with nagasaki finalist lb nicky wisniewski, and top cb jaylen house-bowen headline a departing defense that will need to be replaced heading into the new season. on offense, the spartans graduated four of its five starting offensive linemen along with starting receivers victory thorne-noble and slot deshone kilroy.

draftees
r.j. parrish was selected in the fourth round after an impressive cathedral career. wideout victory thorne-noble and defensive end ishaq graves both inked UDFA deals.

recruiting
the end result of uc’s recruiting cycle was the nation’s no. 27 ranked class, headlined by athlete anthony scruggs (79 ovr), who will play running back at cathedral. scruggs was joined by five fellow four-star signees, including jaireh fields, a defensive back, who could see early playing time along with tight end devin saturday, the son of nfl hall of famer jeff saturday.

jarrett leach, a guard from ucf, and former virginia tech defensive end rashad both elected to transfer to cathedral.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #67
All Star

beast10's Arena

cathedral season preview: offense

by: beast10 — cfb off-season

cathedral turned last year’s offense into one of its most well-rounded units since the reign of jeremy johnson and co. over 10 years ago. what is now gone, however, is the respected offensive line that made much of that success possible a year ago.

the rebuilt trenches will play a heavy factor in excessing the strengths of this offense which featured a prowess rushing attack behind breakout, freshman all-american khyree briscoe, who finished 2027 with 1,273 yards. behind him, another weapon in former starter cameron blackshear, and anthony scruggs, an impressive true freshman, this improved stable has the potential to triumph over last year’s.

“we’ve got quite a few new faces on a line that will play the biggest role in our success this season,” offensive coordinator chris petersen said. “the run game has quickly become the focal point of this offense, so we’ll need to break and mature our front guys quick.”

that being the case, petersen said the passing game could, and should be a lot more efficient than last year’s, which saw first year starter j.t. wiggins sling a tied school record 19 interceptions.

“a lot more opportunities will be opened through the air if we can continue to pound the ball. our top receiver aiyden holliday is back from injury and is better than ever,” petersen added. “he may be the best receiver in the country.”

holliday, a former Biletnikoff finalist, missed much of last season after recording 1,629 yards as a sophomore in 2026. outside of holliday, two new starters will be broken in following the departures of victory thorne-noble and three-year started deshone kilroy.

Last edited by beast10; 12-17-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #68
All Star

beast10's Arena

cathedral season preview: defense

by: beast10 — cfb off-season

new faces tie into some impactful starters that made for one of the country’s most elite defenses in 2027.

the front-seven of this cathedral team, anchored by returning linemen michael goolsby and reece briggs, have drawn heavy acclaim through spring and fall. both goolsby and briggs can clog the middle and even contribute to the pass rush along with new outside backers michael gillespie and chaichi mccants, both first-year starters as redshirt seniors.

the middle of the stack returns four-year starter adrian hilton along with river sheffield, who started last year as a true freshman en route to a productive season.

thaireee chatman tops the returning defensive backfield after leading the team with five interceptions last season. nemiah james, a sophomore, could start at the other corner position, replacing the playmaking jaylen house-bowen who graduated this spring.

jakhel butler assumes position at the dynamic nickel spot, where he made over 50 tackles last season as a true freshman.

shy crabtree, on track to be a four-year contributor, is back after making 11 pass breakups a season ago. 6-foot-6 safety calvin bargley competes with butler for the starting strong safety slot.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #69
All Star

beast10's Arena

2028 SCHEDULE

Florida (Camping World Kickoff)
#6 LSU
#19 Notre Dame
Temple
at Boston College
Miami
at North Carolina
at #23 Pittsburgh
at Duke
#18 Georgia Tech
Virginia
at #15 Virginia Tech

Old 12-17-2017, 11:48 PM   #70
All Star

beast10's Arena

early look at cathedral’s class of 2029

by: beast10 — cfb pre-season

interested

kalan galloway, 4-star DT, west columbia (SC)

it could be hard keeping galloway, the country’s top ranked DT, out of his home state, but it’s well worth the shot for cathedral.

mario deloitte, 4-star SS, carson (CA)

cathedral has dug into the goldmines of california in search of landing a lauded db recruit in mario deloitte. one of his skill doesn’t come around too often.

caden morris, kyle morris, 3-star QB’s, garden city (GA)

cathedral is after the morris brothers, ranked respectively first and second at their position in georgia. kyle went prep, joining his younger brother caden in the class of 2029. these are a pair of quick qb’s with sizable intangibles.

verbal commits

c.j. small-patton, 3-star WR, bloomfield (NJ)

small-patton isn’t too small at 6-foot-4. he should add depth to a receiving core set to lose three players, including star aiyden holliday, next offseason.

seth day, 3-star G, lawrenceville (GA)

the thinning guard position at cathedral should be strengthened with day, georgia’s top ranked offensive guard.

faezon tolbert, 3-star WR, wilmington island (GA)

tolbert is another lengthy receiver with a high ceiling.

will add more to the list in the coming days.

Last edited by beast10; 12-18-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #71
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

O.J. Ransom...I'm dying... and that he's a running back.. that's just awesome.

Congrats on the great finish to last year and hopefully you guys can keep it rolling this season. Wiggins has to cut down on the INT's for you guys to have a shot to return to the NY6, I'd imagine. Tough schedule to navigate too it looks like. Best of luck! Go Cathedral!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #72
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
O.J. Ransom...I'm dying... and that he's a running back.. that's just awesome.

Congrats on the great finish to last year and hopefully you guys can keep it rolling this season. Wiggins has to cut down on the INT's for you guys to have a shot to return to the NY6, I'd imagine. Tough schedule to navigate too it looks like. Best of luck! Go Cathedral!

lol i just realized the irony in that name. that’s hilarious, especially since it was actually a cpu generated name.

wiggins had a ton of issues during a certain stretch. wanna say 9 picks in four games or so. i think i was trying to force the matter... i’ve always had gunslingers behind center but wiggins is a west coast guy most effective in the short passing game. that said, i think he will really cut down on those turnovers as i hope to access his strengths more this year.

based on our first game (will probably be up later), we’re in for a great year.

thanks for continuing to follow along!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »