Home

Bucc Up: A Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise (Madden 19)

This is a discussion on Bucc Up: A Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise (Madden 19) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Bucc Up: A Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise (Madden 19)

Bucc Up
A Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise

Hello and welcome to my Madden 19 CFM with the Tampa Bay Buccs! Even though the game is pretty far out & the season is even further in the distance, I needed to get my thread off my chest so I could pick my squad and follow them through the Summer months and into the Fall. This will be my third CFM I have ran in Madden, starting back in '17 with Jacksonville and '18 with Green Bay. Before I get into the summary posts, here's a couple of questions to help clarify what this adventure will be about:

Why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

After watching HBO's "Hard Knocks" prior to the 2017-2018 season, I formed a small attachment to some of the guys on the team, particularly: Gerald McCoy, Mike Evans, Jameis Winston, DeSean Jackson, and Chris Baker. I liked how the show gave background info on them and showcased their personalities outside of the NFL, which led me to quietly root for them throughout the season. Well, things didn't go as planned in Tampa, and it seems like the hype that was surrounding this team in Madden '18 has somewhat stalled out for '19. There are really good pieces on this team (Lavonte David/Gerald McCoy/Mike Evans/Robert Ayers Jr), but there also a lot of question marks, most notably, Jameis Winston, who hasn't quite come into his own in the NFL, definitely not like he had at Florida State. Collectively, I think this is a team who's in the mid-lower half of the NFL, but certainly is not a full on rebuild like a couple of chises, which makes them an interesting squad for me.

How will I run my CFM?

Similar to the two previous CFM's I ran, I will use "Play the Moments". I do this for a few reasons: 1. It saves time and I can get through multiple seasons, plus write these posts, all while living a busy life. 2. It challenges me. I'm a pretty good Madden player and even at the hardest difficulties I still find it only takes me a year or two to make a run for the Superbowl, regardless of my team's OVR skill. By using PTM, I have to play both well on the field and manage my roster so that when it's simming, I am not getting blasted. For example, my Jaguars CFM in '17 was ran for 12 seasons and I only made the Superbowl once. My team went through a building phase, a peak, and then a rebuild, all over that decade & two seasons. Finally, number 3. I just flat out enjoy it more. PTM keeps it fresh and entertaining to me, especially as a macro detailed person. I like getting through multiple seasons and watching the ebbs and flow of the league, it truly is remarkable watching a franchise find their QB, draft well, and become a contender.

How long will this last?

My Jaguars CFM went 12 seasons and my Packers went six, but I played a couple more seasons without documenting on the thread. To keep things fresh I am going to aim for 10 seasons, basically playing until the start of the 2028 NFL season. By having a goal, it's going to keep me focused, but I will 100% not try and load my team up knowing the CFM is coming to an end. If and when I get to 10 seasons, I will evaluate whether or not I want to keep going, and at the very least, I will make a comprehensive review of the NFL over the decade.

How will my posts be structured?

I am not a graphics guy, there are plenty of dudes who are incredible at that and I am going to stay in my own lane and just write things out. If you've followed any of my previous threads, you know I typically write first person and just explain my thoughts. This is what I will do and my posts will be structured as follows: Season Preview, Depth Chart, Game Summaries, Contract Negotiations, Week 9 Standings, Game Summaries, Final Standings, Team Stats, Playoffs, Awards, and Offseason. In summary, there will be somewhere around 10 posts per season, give or take.

Miscellaneous

Nine minute quarters, no run-off, custom sliders (Difficult), no unrealistic trades or free agency signings, no draft pick loading, no editing attributes, and I will play every PTM moment that is presented.

Let the games behind, again...in a few months
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Re: Bucc Up: A Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise (Madden 19)

Reserved for Buccaneers HQ
Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Reserved for NFL HQ
Old 06-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #4
MVP

saintrules's Arena

All the posts I need. Feel free to drop in and say hello, I'll begin posting once I physically get the game and get things underway.

Also, callmetaternuts, this one's for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »