Home

A Dynasty is Born | Central Indiana Panthers

This is a discussion on A Dynasty is Born | Central Indiana Panthers within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #17
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Dynasty is Born | Central Indiana Panthers

December 19, 2000

The board was as any board is: stuffy, proper, old, white. Mostly white. Aggressively white, really, like if a black person walked in, a white person would immediately think “Wow, there are not a lot of black people in here,” instead of nothing, like they do most places.

I’m not saying there isn't racism most places, to be clear. I’m saying that if you were white, you probably wouldn’t notice because you're used to it. Do you notice how white banks are? Or grocery stores? No? There you go.

Needless to say, when all 286 black pounds of wealthy alum Caine Calumda walked through the door, the seven very elderly, very white faces, including the face of board director Kevin Andrews, looked a little shocked.

“Caine?” puttered Andrews, standing up from the head of the table. “What are you doing here? This is a board meeting.”

“I know,” Calumda said excitedly, “that’s why I’m here. This is about the budget problems, right?

There was a pause as the execs looked cautiously at each other, but Andrews nodded.

“What if I told you I had a plan?”

“I’d say you’re full of sh*t,”
replied Andrews to a sea of laughs.

Calumda waited until the laughter died, then pulled out a long, folded chart from his back pocket and laid it on the table. It was covered in bar charts, words too small to read, and bright colors, and it rounded at the edges like a parchment. The board execs stood up.

“Why don’t students come here?” Calumda pondered as he tapped vaguely at the document. “Through some veeeeery clever marketing, if I say so myself, I figured it out, and I can fix it."

“Number one, the social scene here is a**hole. You know I know, I went here and could barely even through a house party without getting in trouble with safety and security. This place eats fun.

“Number two, not enough revenue-generating…stuff. Academics isn’t enough. All I did was smoke in college and now I’m paying more for the paper I use to wipe my a** than you get in your entire salary.”

“Jesus, what’s your point?”
attacked Andrews. “Just tell us what you’re thinking so we can move on.”

“One word, gentlemen,” Calumda proudly replied, flipping the document over. It turned over to a drawing of a football field covered in crude little stick figures. In one corner a cut-out of Lindsey Lohan acted as a cheerleader. “Football.”

(By the way, did you know she's currently a model for Lawyer.com?)

There was a silence as the board members all stared at the paper.

“Football?”

Calumda nodded. “Think about it – brings in tens of thousands of fans every week, creates a more active social scene, doesn’t have to ‘take away’ from academics at all, and besides, you won’t have to pay the coaching staff.”

Andrews’ face scrunched in confusion. “Why?”

Calumda smiled and pulled out his check book. “Because it’s on me. I have literal billions, I’m gonna use it well.”

He paused.

“Also, because I’ll be coaching.”

The room erupted in laughter. “You?” screamed Andrews through a laugh. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Calumda reached across the rectangular table, grabbed the other end of the document, and rolled it up. He flattened one end of it on his hand and smiled. “Fine, then I’ll take my $500 million cheque and do something else.”

The laughter died. Calumda smiled and, grabbing a wheeled chair from near the door and rolling it to the table, sat down.

“Let’s talk business, shall we?”

Last edited by DynasticJumper; 08-09-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:55 PM   #18
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

May 8, 2002

He wasn’t sure why they were here.

First off, it was 3am. 3:37, to be exact.

Second off, it was 3am. 3:37, to be exact.

Okay, there was nothing more to it than that. It was 3:37 in the morning, and the entire football team stood in their pads on the sideline under the slender, towering lights.

The 80 men who stood on the sidelines of Central Indiana’s field, including quarterback Ray Ray Armstrong, were the men who had stuck through the inaugural season, the one that only contained limitless practice (definitely against NCAA rules, Armstrong would tell you) and scrimmages on Saturdays in preparation for their inaugural 2002-2003 season.

Huh? Who’s he? Ranting and raving about something intelligible, pacing back and forth in front of the players, spewing wads of spit laced with five hour energy, coffee, and a dash of scotch? That’s head coach Caine Calumda.

And no, nobody was listening.

There was only one thing tying all of coach Cal’s unpredictable, intelligible pre-practice rants together: even if they made sense, they still had nothing to do with football. Usually, when one of the coaches would bring that fact up in meetings, he would argue that they were tangentially related and tell them to shut up before I kick you out of this god damn organization and make sure you never get hired again, so the speeches remained a crucial part of practice.

“Man, we got summer in one f*cking day, and coach Cal has us standing out here like a bunch of prisoners,”
Armstrong seethed. Beside him, a very hungover Mason Morgan threw up into a small bucket.

Today, the speech was about manhood. Surprisingly, this is a topic intrinsically connected with football: many ideas of masculinity are perpetuated by sports, but football might be at the core of it all—the tough-it-out-at-all-costs, being-a-man-means-bottling-everything-up-and-playing-anyway type character traits are much more inherent in this sport.

However, coach Cal's spin on it was a little different.

“Kiss each other.”

There was a murmur from the players as they shifted uncomfortably. Armstrong spoke up first.

“What?”

“Kiss each other.”

“Coach, how is th--”

“On the mouth. But NO tongue.”

There was a pause as Armstrong centered himself.

“Coach, just nah. I’m not doing that.”

Coach Cal laughed and walked up to him.

“Fine, then get the hell off my field.”

He turned to the rest of the guys.

“You gotta be able to FOLLOW DIRECTIONS and STEP OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE to be a great athlete. None of you are above it. If you don’t want to, fine, you can leave. But if you wanna be on my f*cking team by the time we get rolling next season for real? Kiss each other.”

About 20 guys immediately stormed off the field. Armstrong turned to Morgan, who was now face-down on the turf. He looked up, and they made long, dramatic eye contact.

In the background, coach Cal yells I SAID NO TONGUE.

Last edited by DynasticJumper; 08-13-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:56 PM   #19
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynasticJumper
May 8, 2002

He wasn’t sure why they were here.

First off, it was 3am. 3:37, to be exact.

Second off, it was 3am. 3:37, to be exact.

Okay, there was nothing more to it than that. It was 3:37 in the morning, and the entire football team stood in their pads on the sideline under the slender, towering lights.

The 80 men who stood on the sidelines of Central Indiana’s field, including starting quarterback Ray Ray Armstrong, were the men who had stuck through the inaugural season, the one that only contained limitless practice (definitely against NCAA rules, Armstrong would tell you) and scrimmages on Saturdays in preparation for their inaugural 2002-2003 season.

Huh? Who’s he? Ranting and raving about something intelligible, pacing back and forth in front of the players, spewing wads of spit laced with five hour energy, coffee, and a dash of scotch? That’s head coach Caine Calumda.

And no, nobody was listening.

There was only one thing tying all of coach Cal’s unpredictable, intelligible pre-practice rants together: even if they made sense, they still had nothing to do with football. Usually, when one of the coaches would bring that fact up in meetings, he would argue that they were tangentially related and tell them to shut up before I kick you out of this god damn organization and make sure you never get hired again, so the speeches remained a crucial part of practice.

“Man, we got summer in one f*cking day, and coach Cal has us standing out here like a bunch of prisoners,”
Armstrong seethed. Beside him, a very hungover Mason Morgan threw up into a small bucket.

Today, the speech was about manhood. Surprisingly, this is a topic intrinsically connected with football: many ideas of masculinity are perpetuated by sports, but football might be at the core of it all—the tough-it-out-at-all-costs, being-a-man-means-bottling-everything-up-and-playing-anyway type character traits are much more inherent in this sport.

However, coach Cal's spin on it was a little different.

“Kiss each other.”

There was a murmur from the players as they shifted uncomfortably. Armstrong spoke up first.

“What?”

“Kiss each other.”

“Coach, how is th--”

“On the mouth. But NO tongue.”

There was a pause as Armstrong centered himself.

“Coach, just nah. I’m not doing that.”

Coach Cal laughed and walked up to him.

“Fine, then get the hell off my field.”

He turned to the rest of the guys.

“You gotta be able to FOLLOW DIRECTIONS and STEP OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE to be a great athlete. None of you are above it. If you don’t want to, fine, you can leave. But if you wanna be on my f*cking team by the time we get rolling next season for real? Kiss each other.”

About 20 guys immediately stormed off the field. Armstrong turned to Morgan, who was now face-down on the turf. He looked up, and they made long, dramatic eye contact.

In the background, coach Cal yells I SAID NO TONGUE.
bro this the funniest post I've ever seen on here. I'm just picturing the team there like what the f-ck is this guy on?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #20
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
bro this the funniest post I've ever seen on here. I'm just picturing the team there like what the f-ck is this guy on?

I read it and went "what in the holy hell did I just read?" lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #21
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
You already know that one guy on the team who's a lil zesty was there like oh word? 20180813_222545.jpg

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #22
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I like to make you think, you know? Ask the real questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
You already know that one guy on the team who's a lil zesty was there like oh word? Attachment 153638

😂😂😂 glad you liked it, appreciate that.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #23
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

CENTRAL INDIANA 2003 SCHEDULE
Wk.Opponent SCORERecord
1Princeton------
2#6 Florida------
3Indiana------