Home

The Tampa Investment - Madden 20 Owner CFM

This is a discussion on The Tampa Investment - Madden 20 Owner CFM within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Tampa Investment - Madden 20 Owner CFM

The Tampa Investment

A Madden 20 Owner Mode CFM

Hello OS'ers! Many a year ago I ran a Madden game taking the Oakland Raiders, sprucing them up, and moving them to Portland. I haven't touched a Madden game for quite some time, but I picked up M20 for my PC and I'm feeling that Franchise itch again... And for me, any Franchise mode is missing something if I'm not writing up / reporting on it!

I wobbled between a few possible teams to rebuild this time around, and after debating the Bills, Browns, Texans, and Bucs, I decided on Tampa Bay. I think they're in an interesting spot being in a crowded Florida market, with minimal big playmakers, and the chance to take the team in any number of directions following the season.

I'll be taking over as the team's new owner, meaning that a stadium rebuild or even a relocation will probably be high on my personal to-do list. Most posts will be journalist-style coverage of games, but I'm a writing geek so I may throw in a few random character-driven intermissions just to keep things interesting.

Game settings are as follows:

Difficulty: All-Madden -- I am a little too good for All-Pro, but definitely not nearly good enough for All-Madden. That said, I prefer a stiff challenge, so I'm going with it.

Game Time: 12 minutes / 13-second accelerated clock. May adjust this over time to make sure I'm still hitting the sweet spot.

Gameplay Sliders: Matt10's sliders with the tiniest of tweaks.
XP Sliders: TDawg's, as-is.

Hoping to begin working through games today! The Preseason will probably be played very quickly and will focus on positional battles, with more attention paid to the regular season games.

Going to drop in two placeholder posts, and then get ready to run. Feel free to chime in if you enjoy what I write!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Tampa Investment - Madden 20 Owner CFM

Placeholder 1/2
Old 08-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

Placeholder 2/2
Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 PM   #4
Rookie

The New Captains of the Ship
Setting the Stage for 2019

The sudden sale of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to wealthy stock & crypto investor Ryan Sterling came as a surprising change of leadership, but it was not the only one for the Bucs heading into the 2019 season.

The team was also entering into the season with a new Head Coach at the helm in Bruce Arians, who left his retirement to take the reins of the struggling team. Arians signed a four-year deal with the team, and then proceeded to assemble the largest coaching staff in the league for the year in his bid to right the ship in Tampa Bay. The 66 year old coach spent many years of his career working to improve NFL Quarterbacks, and it was widely hoped that he could prove to be the missing ingredient in the development of Jameis Winston's skills.

The team that Sterling purchased and that Arian signed on with had little in the way of showstopping talent prior to the start of the season, with Wide Receiver Mike Evans and Linebacker Lavonte David among the team's small group of top-tier players. The majority of the rest of the roster ranged from above average at best to unknown and abysmal at worst -- leaving Arians with few deadly weapons to wield against opposing teams.

The preseason was always a time for position battles, but in the case of the Buccaneers, most of those competitions were between similarly mediocre players hoping to edge out their rivals to get a spot on the final roster. In fact, the most interesting battle might have been not for a position, but for job security.

Jameis Winston and Blaine Gabbert both found themselves in a Quarterback battle, but of a slightly different sort. Winston was the clear and secure starter, with Arians expressing his faith in the young back. However, both Winston and Gabbert were on the final year of their respective contracts in 2019. For Winston in particular, this was an important year -- he didn't have to win the starting job, but he did have one year to convince Arians that he could be the future of the franchise and deserved a new, extended deal.

Both men were put on notice that 2019 was a make-or-break season -- management would be watching their progress closely.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Buccaneers Defense Drives First Preseason Win

Buccaneers DT Vita Vea hurdles over an opposing lineman to attack Ben Roethlisberger.

Aggressive, attacking defense was the name of the game on Friday night when the Buccaneers visited the Steelers to kick off a new year of football for 2019. From the first snap, the Buccaneers showed that they planned to put pressure on the opposing Quarterback, and Ben Roethlisberger found himself throwing just in time to beat a vicious sack on more than one occasion during his one quarter of play.

The Steelers advanced steadily into the red zone under Big Ben's command, but their momentum was cut short when Steelers Running Back James Connor coughed up a fumble on a run, handing possession back to Tampa Bay.

That turnover gave the Tampa Bay offense its first series of 2019, and Jameis Winston stepped up to demonstrate confident play on a long drive downfield.

Jameis Winston connects with star WR Mike Evans.

Winston would go 4-7 for 45 passing yards on the ensuing drive, and drove the Bucs to the outer edge of field goal range before running out of steam. Unfortunately for Tampa Bay, Kicker Matt Gay came up short on the attempt, and Big Ben came back in for one more series as a result. In the end, the first quarter concluded with both teams scoreless.

The Steelers drew first blood early in the 2nd quarter with a 29 yard field goal, but the Buccaneers were quick with their own answer. Blaine Gabbert stepped in to lead the rest of the game, and near the midpoint of the second quarter he connected with rookie Wide Receiver Anthony Johnson for a 16 yard touchdown pass.

Blaine Gabbert had to produce the majority of the Buccaneers' offense for most of the game.

From there, the two teams descended into a defensive battle. The Steelers continually shut down Tampa Bay's run game to force Blaine Gabbert to try and lead a one-dimensional offense, and the Buccaneers allowed big plays by the Steelers but were able to clamp down before allowing any points. The Buccaneers led 7-3 at the halftime break, hanging on to the narrowest of leads.

Steelers MLB Mark Barron intercepts Blaine Gabbert at the start of the second half.

Tampa Bay received the kickoff to start the second half, but after the halftime break, the momentum was on Pittsburgh's side. After Gabbert handed over possession with an interception, Steelers Backup QB Mason Rudolph found his rhythm and threw for a touchdown on two consecutive drives while Gabbert struggled to keep up with the pace. By the end of the third quarter, the Steelers had taken a 17-7 lead.

After being shut out for most of the game, Tampa Bay's rushers finally succeeded in attacking the Steelers in the 4th quarter.

After a 28 yard field goal by Matt Gay made it a one-possession game, the fourth quarter saw the Buccaneers finally find momentum on the ground. After having their run game shut down for three quarters, Tampa Bay running backs Ronald Jones II and Dare Ogunbowale broke multiple big runs against the previously stalwart Pittsburgh defense, culminating in a smashmouth, 1-yard goal line run by Ogunbowale to tie the game at 17.

A bungled backwards screen by Rudolph turned into a recovered fumble for Tampa Bay, and the Bucs ground their way back into the goal line in a repeat of their previous drive, making it to the 1 yard line before turning back to Ogunbowale to seal the deal and finish the game at the two minute warning. However, Ogunbowale was stuffed at the line of scrimmage on a 4th and Goal attempt, turning the ball over to the Steelers with under two minutes to play and the game still tied.

Then, the defense came through.

Backed up in his own end zone, Mason Rudolph couldn't find anyone open on a play-action pass play. After evading one sack, Rudolph tried to flee the end zone only to be hit from behind by RE Jeremiah Ledbetter and brought down in the endzone for a safety.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin watches as Mason Rudolph is sacked for the game-winning safety.

That sack sealed the game, and Buccaneers ran out the final minute and a half on the clock to escape Pittsburgh with a nail-biting victory at 19-17.

In his postgame comments, Bruce Arians praised the play of his team's defensive unit, noting that they were able to force turnovers and apply strong pressure to the opposing Quarterbacks. With a total of six sacks on the day, the Buccaneers joined the Jets, Bengals, and Texans as the only squads to record 5 or more sacks in Week 1. Arians also highlighted the late-game play of his running backs, but said that they will need to be more consistent in their rushing production to prevent their attack from becoming too limited in future games.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Pittsburgh Steelers
Aug 9, 20191ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0-0)0701219
Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0-0)0314017
Team Stats Comparison
TAMPIT
Total Offense327289
Rushing Yards15199
Passing Yards176190
First Downs1614
Punt Return Yards223
Kick Return Yards9324
Total Yards422336
Turnovers12
3rd Down Conversion5-116-10
4th Down Conversion0-10-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-43-4
Penalties2-150-0
Posession Time23:3124:25
Scoring Summary
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGTAMPIT
11:16(PIT) C. Boswell 29yd FG30
7:24(TAM) A. Johnson 16yd pass from B. Gabbert (M.Gay kick)73
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGTAMPIT
9:43(PIT) D. Johnson 16yd pass from M. Rudolph (C. Boswell kick)710
3:00(PIT) E. Rogers 7yd pass from M. Rudolph (C. Boswell kick)717
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGTAMPIT
11:47(TAM) M. Gay 28yd FG1017
9:50(TAM) D. Ogunbowale 1yd run (M. Gay kick)1717
1:48(TAM) Team Safety1917
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Blaine Gabbert11-2113811
Jameis Winston4-74500
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Ronald Jones II12897.40
Dare Ogunbowale7476.71
Andre Ellington3134.30
Peyton Barber252.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Scott Miller33913.00
Justin Watson34414.60
Cameron Brate23015.00
Mike Evans23115.50
Anthony Johnson24120.51
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Matt Gay1/22/2528
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Mason Rudolph12-1614220
Ben Roethlisberger5-57900
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jaylen Samuels11514.60
Benny Snell Jr8121.50
James Connor5367.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Xavier Grimble56412.80
Diontae Johnson34214.01
Eli Rogers3258.31
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Mark Barron3010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Chris Boswell1-12-2530

Last edited by Tritoch42; 08-21-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 12:08 AM   #6
Rookie

First game is in the books! Also, if anyone has any insight on video embedding, I tried to embed my video highlights both from YouTube and Imgur, and both failed. I direct-linked the videos in the spoilers for now but I'd like to be able to integrate them right into the posts.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Buccaneers Struggle On the Way to 2-2 Preseason Finish

Despite opening their year with a win over the Steelers, the Buccaneers did not have an easy time through the 2019 preseason. New Head Coach Bruce Arians kept the majority of his starters off the field for most of the stint, but while some of his backups showed hints of potential, others fell hard -- sometimes hard enough to lose their spot on the team.

The Good

Jameis Winston saw minimal preseason play, but looked good in each appearance.

With several of his key starters already locked in for the 2019 season, Bruce Arians only left his first team out for a very small portion of the preseason. The backups played almost the entire run, and many of them showed that the team had enough depth to keep things afloat in the case of a critical injury. Backup QB Blaine Gabbert turned in competent performances, and while there is no peer for WR Mike Evans on the team, there is enough talent on the edge to prevent him from being Winston's only target come the regular season.

Dare Ogunbowale rushed for almost 150 yards against the Cowboys in week 4, and led the team in rushing yards during the preseason.

The team also showed great depth in the backfield for their running game. Each week, a rotation of backs moved through the rushing attack, and that phase of the game remained steady regardless of who was taking the handoffs. The biggest standout of the group, however, was backup HB Dare Ogunbowale.

In the Bucs' victory over the Cowboys in Week 4, Ogunbowale produced over 150 yards to continue a strong preseason performance. Ogunbowale routinely posted big plays each week for the offense, and on the heels of a three-figure rushing game and a touchdown against Dallas, he impressed Arians enough to be moved up the depth chart to the #2 running back, displacing Ronald Jones II as the primary backup runner to Peyton Barber.

The Bad

Rookie QB Nick Fitzgerald was demoted to the practice squad after a terrible performance against the Dolphins.

Tampa Bay had very streaky performances through the air -- sometimes dominating, sometimes being unable to find any sense of rhythm. The worst offender among the group was rookie QB Nick Fitzgerald, who played the second half of the team's Week 2 matchup with Miami and completed just two passes while throwing two interceptions in the process. This poor output saw Fitzgerald demoted down to the practice unit, leaving Ryan Griffin to play the #3 role behind Jameis Winston and Blaine Gabbert.

The Dolphins gashed the Buccaneers, particularly on the ground, in a 37-13 beatdown.

Similar inconsistency plagued the team's defense. In week 1, the squad held the Steelers to just 17 points in a difficult win, only to allow 37 points in a blowout loss to the Dolphins a week later. At their best, the Buccaneers showed that they could put heavy pressure on the Quarterback and use creative blitzing to stifle the run game. At their worst, they looked amateurish as other teams' backup units ran wild against theirs, finding big openings downfield and breaking repeat big plays against a unit that sometimes looked lost on the field.

The Final 53
When all was said and done, the Buccaneers had broken even at 2-2 for the preseason, defeating the Steelers in Week 1 and the Cowboys in Week 4, while losing to the Dolphins in Week 2 and the Browns in Week 3. Head Coach Bruce Arians trimmed his roster down to the final 53, as listed below:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2019 Roster
#OFFENSEPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
3Jameis WinstonQB256'4''231Florida State
11Blaine GabbertQB296'4''235Missouri
4Ryan GriffinQB296'5''210Tulane
25Peyton BarberHB255'11''225Auburn
44Dara OgunbowaleHB255'10''205Wisconsin
27Ronald Jones IIHB225'11''221USC
13Mike EvansWR266'5''231Texas A&M
12Chris GodwinWR236'1''205Penn State
19Breshad PerrimanWR256'2''215UCF
17Justin WatsonWR246'3''215Penn
10Scott MillerWR225'9''174Bowling Green State
80O.J. HowardTE246'6''250Alabama
84Cameron BrateTE286'5''245Harvard
87Jordan LeggettTE246'5''258Clemson
76Donovan SmithLT266'6''338Penn State
64Cole BoozerLT246'5''300Temple
74Ali MarpetLG266'4''307Hobart
67Mike LiedtkeLG276'3''305Illinois State
61Zack BaileyLG236'5''299South Carolina
66Ryan JensenC286'4''319CSU-Pueblo
62Evan SmithC336'2''308Idaho State
65Alex CappaRG246'6''305Humboldt State
71Earl WatfordRG296'3''300James Madison
69Demar DotsonRT336'9''315Southern Miss
77Caleb BenenochRT256'5''305UCLA
#DEFENSEPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
92William GholstonLE286'6''281Michigan State
56Rakeem Nunez-RochesLE266'2''307Southern Miss
73Terry Beckner JRLE226'4''295Missouri
93Ndamukong SuhRE326'4''313Nebraska
91Beau AllenRE276'3''327Wisconsin
50Vita VeaDT246'4''347Washington
95Mitch UnreinDT326'4''299Wyoming
58Shaquil BarretLOLB266'2''250Colorado State
94Carl NassibLOLB266'7''275Penn State
98Anthony NelsonLOLB226'7''271Iowa
54Lavonte DavidMLB296'1''233Nebraska
45Devin WhiteMLB216'0''237LSU
51Kendell BeckwithMLB246'2''243LSU
20Deone BucannonMLB276'1''211Washington State
48Jack CichyMLB236'2''234Wisconsin
90Jason Pierre-PaulROLB306'5''278USF
57Noah SpenceROLB256'2''251Eastern Kentucky
59Devante BondROLB266'1''236Oklahoma
28Vernon Hargreaves IIICB245'10''205Florida
26Sean Murphy-BuntingCB226'0''195Central Michigan
33Carlton Davis IIICB226'1''203Auburn
29Ryan SmithCB255'11''189North Carolina Central
35Jamel DeanCB246'1''208Auburn
21Justin EvansFS246'0''199Texas A&M
34Mike EdwardsFS235'11''200Kentucky
36M.J. Stewart JrSS235'11''200North Carolina
31Jordan WhiteheadSS225'10''198Pittsburgh
30Orion StewartSS256'1''205Baylor
#SPECIAL TEAMSPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
9Matt GayK256'0''232Utah
5Cairo SantosK275'8''160Tulane
8Bradley PinionP256'5''240Clemson

The Buccaneers will now head into the regular season, where they will prepare to put their skills and new leadership on display against the 49ers at home.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Doing full game writeups for the preseason just didn't seem great haha, so I glossed over it and hit the highlights. So far, fingers crossed, the team is healthy and we have a few decent offensive weapons lined up. Hoping that translates into a good start against San Francisco!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »