Home

Ay Ziggy: Bowling Green Falcon Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Ay Ziggy: Bowling Green Falcon Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ay Ziggy: Bowling Green Falcon Football (NCAA 14)

You rushed for 197 yds and 3 scores. I would call that a solid day on the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #42
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
You rushed for 197 yds and 3 scores. I would call that a solid day on the ground.
Not bad looking at those numbers. But our yards per carry fell from 7 to 4.6. And it would've been much lower if it wasn't for the QB run game. Wade averaged 5.5 a carry, and that's including 2 sacks.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #43
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Week Three: at Kansas State

Bowling Green travels to Manhattan, Kansas to take on the Kansas State Wildcats this week. Although they are a Power Five opponent, Kansas State's wins thus far have not been impressive. In week one they defeated FCS Illinois State 30-3, and last week they narrowly escaped UL Lafayette in a 24-16 win. Quarterback Skylar Thompson has completed 31/54 passes for 433 yards, with 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Jordon Brown has added 228 yards rushing on 38 carries so far. This is a great opportunity for a MAC program to make a statement win. Vegas has the Wildcats favored by 9.5 right now.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #44
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Wildcats Too Much For Falcons

Manhattan, Kansas --- A disastrous start was too much for Bowling Green to overcome on Saturday as they lost to Kansas State 45-31. The Falcons fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter behind a couple of big plays. The Wildcats averaged 9 yards per carry on the day.

Offensively, quarterback Darius Wade struggled early, throwing two interceptions in the first half. Wade had a better second half and finished the day 23/32 with 305 yards and a touchdown to go with the two interceptions. The run game struggled again this week, managing just 102 yards on 37 carries. Andrew Clair led the way with 71 yards on 18 carries. Jordan Wayne-Prather had another solid game with 106 yards on 7 receptions. After the game coach Rahne said that it was good to see the team play well offensively in the second half, but it is imperative that the team learn to put a full four quarters together.

Defensively, the Falcons were led in tackles by linebacker Kholbe Coleman who had 8. Safety Jamari Bozeman contributed 7 tackles, and Jerry McBride had 6. The Falcons slow start defensively was a mixture of bad tackling and outright dominance by the Kansas State offensive line. Too often on the day, running back Jordon Brown was 8-10 yards downfield before contact. After last week's great performance against Kent State, many thought that Bowling Green could pull an upset in Manhattan. The Wildcats clearly had other ideas.

Bowling Green will host Louisiana Tech at home next week.

Photo Gallery
Spoiler
Old 04-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #45
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Week Four: vs Louisiana Tech

Bowling Green hosts Louisiana Tech (1-1) this weekend. The Bulldogs lost a close game in their season opener to North Carolina State, and defeated Southeast Louisiana last week. Quarterback J'Mar Smith has started the season hot, completing 31/67 passes for 330 yards and 5 touchdowns to just 1 interception. The Falcon defense will need to replicate their performance against Kent State if they have any shot at winning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #46
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Well, at least you got a conference win at home! I miss playing at the Doyt. And you did compete well against two high quality opponents. Nothing to scoff at. That defense though... Reminds me of my first year at BG
Old 04-10-2020, 09:43 PM   #47
MVP

moose141's Arena

Definitely looks like modern college football! Points and yardage all over the field that is for sure. Need to shore up a bit defensively, but you've at least been competitive even against the big boys that you've lost to.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 04-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #48
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Well, at least you got a conference win at home! I miss playing at the Doyt. And you did compete well against two high quality opponents. Nothing to scoff at. That defense though... Reminds me of my first year at BG
Yeah the conference win was huge. Especially since we won so big. Knew the defense was going to be bad coming in, but wasn't quite expecting THIS bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Definitely looks like modern college football! Points and yardage all over the field that is for sure. Need to shore up a bit defensively, but you've at least been competitive even against the big boys that you've lost to.
Like you said, lots of points and yards. I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. Been creating custom playbooks for my opponents that remove the screens and draw plays because CPU playcalling has always been one of my biggest pet peeves and I think that's really contributing to my defensive problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »