Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #9873
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
First off this game is the greatest thing I have ever experienced. I jumped into a lower tier team in England and was lost and decided to just go with the La Galaxy and starting their and trying to work my way in the England or Spain. Even if it’s a lower league idc.

First off I’ve gotten lost in the sauce. Learning all the rules in the MLS has been a blast. Trying to maneuver and put your squad together has been tough but the experience is so realistic. Ibrahimovic got injured and was out for three months with a hip injury and I went through 2 months of using everyone else in my squad and they were absolute trash.

I decided to ask my general manager who he would recommend for a striker and will Bruin was transfer listed. They wanted a second round pick for him and some cash for him and I was in panic mode and pulled the trigger. Not sure if that was dumb in regards of a second round pick but I’m in win now mode. He has been an awesome stop gap for me with 5 goals in 10 appearances until Ibrahim returned. The game says he’s 2 and a half stars but he has come up big for us when we needed him the most.

Building my staff and finding free agents that are American because of the International limit has been tough but I’ve found some awesome depth guys. Figuring out my tactics took a long time but once I found a way to have the best 11 on the pitch it’s been all uphill.

Ibrahim is back and we are second in the western conference after 19 games. (I almost put him on the season ending list) I am 1 point behind Seattle. But I hovered at 8 for the longest time before we got it together.

LAFC beat me in the us cup fifth round on penalty kicks while Ibrahim was out (and I learned you can only have 5 international guys in your line up and bench in this tournament) so I was short handed which was a bummer but we got our eyes on the prize.

By far one of the best games I’ve played and I’ve enjoyed reading your guys stories on here. You will see me return with my story as I head forward on and onward!

If anyone has any tips or tricks please share them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://community.sigames.com/topic/...-manager-2015/

Eventhough this is getting a bit old, it’s still a great read for anyone trying to get into Football Manager or soccer in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #9874
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Welcome to the Championship. We hope you enjoy your one season stay.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #9875
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0

Things can change rather quickly. Well let’s begin. I decided to get rid of Ashely Cole. And ibrahimovic decided to get angry. Apparently they slay the la night life together and his wingman was now gone. And said he had serious doubts about his future. In a rush to fix things with my star I promised him the trade was to get better players. The problem was, none of the players I acquired within a 12 day span before the transfer window made the team better according to his standards. I got three players, one starter and two bench guys and he decided to start practicing like crap and was terrible in games.

The whole team fell once I traded our vice captain away in cole and our captain was mad.
The downfall was incredible. We had 3 losses in a row where we got blown out. I decide to call him out on his training to spark things up and hopefully lead to some motivation and he said” check my stats”. Baby back bi**h. Then the board decides to meet with me and give me the 10 points over 5 games or else ultimatum. Despite being number 1 in the western conference. I drew the last match at 5 and got sacked like some potatoes. I tried really hard to apply for every mls team in playoff contention but I was not so lucky. Atlanta United didn’t even want a interview with me. I was frustrated.

Lone behold hulls city offered me and after not getting a mls job doing a interview with realistic answers of expectations . I decided to concede to whatever they had in mind. One of those things was playoff contention with a 287k transfer budget! Boy they are bad and I am currently 22nd. And on a 8 game skid of losses and draws. I have successfully hit rock bottom. I’ve tried changing things but nothing appears to work for my squad. Every person wants playing time and gets mad. I keep praying I’m going to find a free agent who is good with 287k but it’s just insane. Trying to maneuver the older players off the roster and every team is trying to get me to pay a bunch of their salary and low ball me. The group cohesion is in the middle but they can’t win. I fear this save is done. But with the new update maybe a fresh start is needed. One helluva run.

Trying to debate if I should do a journeyman save or a vanarama national team next.

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #9876
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
I decide to call him out on his training to spark things up and hopefully lead to some motivation and he said” check my stats”. Baby back bi**h.
"Check my stats," that's great

It's definitely tough when you lose the locker room, as it can easily snowball out of control. LA Galaxy have some big personalities though, so that doesn't help.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:12 AM   #9877
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

By the way you Mourinhos, the 19.2 update dropped yesterday. Here’s the change list:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/...-1920-out-now/

Old 12-12-2018, 11:45 AM   #9878
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Idk if it’s because Brexit is coming down the pipe, but 4 of my players have became British citizens to help with foreign player limits.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #9879

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

A tale of two halves

Secured a 10th place finish after struggling with relegation for much of the year.

If the board don't turn the club professional, or start allowing me to offer more than non-contracts, I've decided on leaving.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #9880
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
A tale of two halves

Secured a 10th place finish after struggling with relegation for much of the year.

If the board don't turn the club professional, or start allowing me to offer more than non-contracts, I've decided on leaving.

That’simpressive. What made the difference? Cohesion, in match adjustments, better players via non contexts, utilizing tactics a little better?

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »