Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #4729

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsfan
That good or that bad?
He got browbeat by the wife I believe.

I've put over 1k hours into most of the games in this series (that's over 1k per version released.) Mostly on my old busted laptop without reliable internet access when I was moving around. Even still, since I built this dekstop (last fall/winter-ish) I've put in 600 some hours on it I think. My brother used to make fun of me. He just got his first computer and got steam not too long ago and would always log on and say "You're playing that soccer game still?"

Then I'd tell him to go to school and learn how to drive before he could say anything about my gaming habits. If you get into it, it will suck your gaming time away haha.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #4730
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Worst season so far, finished 13th in the league. Scored 33 goals and allowed 33, way too many draws and losses. My offense was nonexistent.

Xabi Alonso retired end of the year and letting Mikel Rico on free, so I get some financial relief. Also have some young players to step in for them, hoping for much better year next season.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #4731

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
He got browbeat by the wife I believe.
Haha close, just to clarify, Every 6, or so months, my wife and I will challenge each other, the challenges are various and vast, and this has been going on since we were high school sweethearts(everyone pause, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) but this year she challenged me to play REAL soccer as much as I play Football Manager. We eventually came to a more plausible alternative(I joined a local rec soccer league), and I was able to play FM again, haha. That said, this game will consume your life, you'll be doing absolutely nothing related to the game and you'll think to yourself, "I wonder if I can get at least 12M for that midfielder so I can strengthen my defense" which'll turn into "Well I can get a decent replacement from my youth squad so selling my GK doesn't seem like a bad idea" and by the time you get home to sit down and play the game, you'll put the midfielder on the transfer market, the team will hate you for it, the highest bid you'll get is 6M and you'll be stuck silently sobbing into your hands because the elaborate, and mesmeric way you reshaped your entire team in your head just blew up in your face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #4732
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I've put over 1k hours into most of the games in this series (that's over 1k per version released.) Mostly on my old busted laptop without reliable internet access when I was moving around. Even still, since I built this dekstop (last fall/winter-ish) I've put in 600 some hours on it I think. My brother used to make fun of me. He just got his first computer and got steam not too long ago and would always log on and say "You're playing that soccer game still?"
Thought I'd check how many hours I've done on previous FM's. My high is 2197 on FM 10 and my lowest is 1004 on 11. I'm not sure whether to be proud of this...
Old 07-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #4733

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I have 1766 on FM12 and 2607 on FM13, they are a bit misleading as I do leave the game running a lot, but I also play offline a lot, so I'd say margin of error of about 250 hours.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #4734
Rookie

Dynastium's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
The board gave 84 million for a transfer budget, so I bought Fellani for 38. Still on the fence if I wanna get Jovetic. I really despise Podolski's attitude. Also going to get another centerback.

Also bought out Squillaci's contract, and if I can't sell Djourou and Chamakh in the window I may do the same with them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Please buy Fellaini and Jovetic; I did the same thing, and I'm in 2018-2019 now... have won five titles in a won in the EPL with Arsenal.

Fellaini has been a mainstay in my Invincibles-esque midfield. At 30, he won Player of the Year. You get a good player with an eye for goal and a tough player who can go and get the ball for you.

Jovetic had a rough start, but led my team in goals for two years. He's a very reliable forward and has been a "gaffer's pet" for me...

Bought Fellaini for 23 million dollars

Bought Jovetic for 25ish million dollars
EPL: Arsenal
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #4735
Rookie

OVR: 2

Seriously starting to despise FM13. Been the only FM so far where I've had some sackings where I feel I've been harshly sacked. As you can probably tell, I've been sacked as manager of Guiseley. I've just dropped out the top 5 (to 6th) for the first time since September. I was predicted to finish 5th.

For the first time in a long, long while, I'll be starting a game as a heavyweight of European football. Narrowed my choices down to three, Manchester City (I was thinking Arsenal but that seems a popular choice in here!), Juventus or Barcelona.

If I get sacked again I'm giving up on FM13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #4736

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
Seriously starting to despise FM13. Been the only FM so far where I've had some sackings where I feel I've been harshly sacked. As you can probably tell, I've been sacked as manager of Guiseley. I've just dropped out the top 5 (to 6th) for the first time since September. I was predicted to finish 5th.

For the first time in a long, long while, I'll be starting a game as a heavyweight of European football. Narrowed my choices down to three, Manchester City (I was thinking Arsenal but that seems a popular choice in here!), Juventus or Barcelona.

If I get sacked again I'm giving up on FM13.
What have you been setting your expectations for? If you're shooting really high, that could be why you're getting the sack. Other than that, it's hard to speculate without more info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »