Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2023, 05:33 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan1
Ah right I forgot you're using 3 click, from my experience with it it is definitely easier to get the power perfect or over. I might try a 3 click career at some point, we'll see.

What I'm doing with the stick swing is forcing me to shape most of my shots, which makes me pull my stick back diagonally on the backswing and then push it to the top center on the downswing, instead of straight back and forward like usual. It's a lot harder, and focusing on the stick movement being right makes getting the power and speed right in tandem also harder. I'm only hitting 60-65% of my fairways with it, which is fairly realistic.
Great way to play the game but without EA setting Advanced shot shaping on all shots as compulsory it’s a wasted mechanic. Great for local play but I want this game mode online.
EA have zero interest on even putting up any Sim tournaments. One in the last month has shown that Arcade,Pro & Tour is the main focus.
Old 05-07-2023, 12:10 AM   #90
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

Talking Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

After winning the Masters, I wanted so badly to win the grand slam. At the PGA Championship, Sam Burns played out of his mind down the stretch and pushed it to -11 while I was at -8. I got birdies on two of three holes to reach -10. On the final hole, I unleashed a putt which I thought was going in. I missed by inches and tapped in for 2nd place. The grand slam will have to wait a season.
Old 05-07-2023, 12:00 PM   #91
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

I might have to dial back Accuracy from 3 to 1 on Drives since I’m hitting the fairway at a very high % on Normal, 3-Click
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2023, 12:48 PM   #92
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

DarthRambo, what difficulty do you have your 3-Clicks at? And will reducing Accuracy change the width of the white line for 3-Click swing settings?

Edit: the changes didn’t do much so I’m going to try to have it on Hard but increase Driving accuracy to balance it out. On Normal, it felt too easy to get Perfect-Perfect as the 3 Click was moving too slow which yielded nearly perfect fairway landings 99% of the time for me.

Last edited by tcnumba10; 05-07-2023 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:18 PM   #93
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
DarthRambo, what difficulty do you have your 3-Clicks at? And will reducing Accuracy change the width of the white line for 3-Click swing settings?

Edit: the changes didn’t do much so I’m going to try to have it on Hard but increase Driving accuracy to balance it out. On Normal, it felt too easy to get Perfect-Perfect as the 3 Click was moving too slow which yielded nearly perfect fairway landings 99% of the time for me.
I have swing difficulty on normal and putting on hard. I probably just suck at it more lol. I tried hard difficulty once and that was not fun for me lol.

Accuracy lowered only increases your dispersion area as far as I know. I don't think the white line shrinks. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-07-2023, 07:08 PM   #94
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Bandon Dunes was pretty easy overall as expected. But with a final round of only 69 I finished tied for 2nd at -14. Juan Murray wins at 19 under. Really enjoy quick play personally. I know a lot of ppl seem to prefer 2Ks method of quick play one full round only. But EA's method is far better IMO.

Onto the KFT playoffs coming in ranked 3rd. I'll play all 18 here and I'm confident I'll win the championship.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-07-2023, 07:20 PM   #95
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Probably combination of both too OP and course is easy. It definitely seems like you have to power down significantly to be fair and balanced with the AI. And that includes no specs used. You can increase their score difficulty but that gives super unrealistic scores that look weird IMO.

I've found this as well. There's no reason to spend coin or points on Power. If you do, it makes it too uneven against the AI. I haven't upgraded the putting beyond the first level that gives you the Texas Wedge. I've spent all of my "earnings" on maxing Accuracy and Control in Approach and Short Game, and it's been the perfect balance. I've still only won 1 tournament (almost done with my 2nd season), but I am in the top 5-20 every time 2 runner ups, and 40th in the cup standings, averaging -5 to -20 under par for 4 complete rounds each tournament. Before maxing out those specs I rarely shot under par. This is on Tour mode with everything turn off but putting grid.

Last edited by golfnut67; 05-07-2023 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2023, 07:26 PM   #96
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I didn't know that about the power and drive distance. Guess I haven't gotten far enough ever yet to see any stats. Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably power that back down then if I see that's the case. Although I wouldn't mind being #1 in that category so long as I'm not leading by a ton of yards. Doesn't really hurt me in the long run anyway.

^^This as well. I "sold" all of my earnings that I had on all of the Recovery specs and turned them all down to zero. It's a huge benefit, it almost makes up for how little penalty there is with rough and sand shots. Power low, Recovery zero, putting about 1/3 the way up so you at least have the Texas Wedge, and then pile on the Accuracy and Control for Approach and Short Game. It's definitely been the best balance of being challenged, doing well, and also occasionally sucking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »