Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2023, 05:45 AM   #1
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Pretty self-explanatory!

I'm not really counting the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season as it was probably too easy for me (3 wins and 2 top 10s), but since Bay Hill I've put the difficulty right up.

Played my first Masters and made the cut which took a lot of concentration and effort. Faded to +6 after the fourth round but I was just happy to play four rounds there.

Finished 20th at Wolf Creek - what a mental golf course that still is - after making a right mess of the weekend, and just missed the cut in France after a very low scoring first two rounds by the rest of the field. I was -2 but the cut was -3 - those greens have some nasty surprises waiting for you, especially on the back 9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2023, 05:53 AM   #2
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Playing on default difficulty, yeah it’s too easy but I play real golf for my sim fix.

As usual career mode has waned on me. Kind of forced to play most events to get your skills up.

Still in the first season about to play the masters, can see myself being like Tiger and only playing the majors after my skills get a bit higher.

Still happy for the game, I never bought a TW game for the career mode, I get longevity out of the challenges and playing vs the CPU. I also tried online play the other day which was surprisingly fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2023, 07:57 AM   #3
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I did skip a couple of events leading up to the Masters

There are quite a few courses that I've never played before in this year's game, so that will keep me coming back. I love that the seasons are legitimately long, so I don't really want to rush through. Also because it's not likely to be a yearly release, that pace suits me just fine.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:39 AM   #4
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

I’m a newbie, but how do you know which events/courses to skip just like the Pros do in real life?
Old 04-26-2023, 09:06 AM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I’ll skip any that are match play. I hate that!

As far as my career… won the Korn Ferry Championship in a playoff. Finished first PGA event in second two strokes back. Now at TPC Scottsdale… first round +1, second round -9 so I’m -8 overall and four strokes back of the lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2023, 09:12 AM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I’m a newbie, but how do you know which events/courses to skip just like the Pros do in real life?
One thing to consider is that several courses are repeated in career mode, so it might make sense to skip events that use a course you've already played in the season.

Here are the courses that get used more than once:

- Pebble Beach is the host for the AT&T Pro Am in week 3 and the Tiburon Championship in week 17.

- TPC Sawgrass hosts The Players in week 8 and the Sawgrass Invitational in week 20.

- Banff Springs hosts events in weeks 21 and 26 (week 26's event is an alt event that runs during the Open Championship).

- The Wetlands hosts events in weeks 6 and 10 (week 10's event is an alt event that runs during the EA Championship at Chambers Bay - the equivalent of a WGC event).

- Lighthouse Pointe hosts events in weeks 7 and 24 (week 7's event is an alt event that runs during the Arnold Palmer Invitational).

-TPC Scottsdale hosts the WM Phoenix Open in week 4 and the Arizona Classic in week 28.

- Wolf Creek hosts events in weeks 14 and 25 (week 25's event is an alt event that runs during the Dominican Open)
Old 04-26-2023, 10:20 AM   #7
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
One thing to consider is that several courses are repeated in career mode, so it might make sense to skip events that use a course you've already played in the season.

Here are the courses that get used more than once:

- Pebble Beach is the host for the AT&T Pro Am in week 3 and the Tiburon Championship in week 17.

- TPC Sawgrass hosts The Players in week 8 and the Sawgrass Invitational in week 20.

- Banff Springs hosts events in weeks 21 and 26 (week 26's event is an alt event that runs during the Open Championship).

- The Wetlands hosts events in weeks 6 and 10 (week 10's event is an alt event that runs during the EA Championship at Chambers Bay - the equivalent of a WGC event).

- Lighthouse Pointe hosts events in weeks 7 and 24 (week 7's event is an alt event that runs during the Arnold Palmer Invitational).

-TPC Scottsdale hosts the WM Phoenix Open in week 4 and the Arizona Classic in week 28.

- Wolf Creek hosts events in weeks 14 and 25 (week 25's event is an alt event that runs during the Dominican Open)
What’s the negative in playing through all the events? Will it affect your ranking if you play them and don’t make the cut on some?
Old 04-26-2023, 10:28 AM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
What’s the negative in playing through all the events? Will it affect your ranking if you play them and don’t make the cut on some?
If you do play all events and miss cuts, your OWGR will drop, but that will also happen if you skip a bunch of events as well.

Some events require you have your OWGR above a certain level, so if your ranking drops, you might not get into some of the more prestigious events on the calendar.

But after a while, like with any golf game, you'll likely get good enough at it where you're rarely ever missing cuts, and can basically skip any events you want without any penalty that will keep you from playing in majors and other important events.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »