Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 6 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 6 Available Today - Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2023, 11:09 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 6 Available Today - Patch Notes

EA Sports PGA Tour patch 6.0 arrived today adding the North Course at Olympia Fields Country...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 6 - Patch Notes

Judging by the amount of fixes made to existing courses it seems like there is a pretty sincere QA effort on EA’s part.
Old 08-10-2023, 12:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Shame it's either 1 round or 4. Kinda enjoyed doing 2 rounds with a cut (but shorter).
Old 08-10-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Gamer Ability, with a video walking thru the patch and changes to the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwu8spzpGm4

Says it was a 20+ GB download on Xbox. Shows off how the match play options look in the Online menu.

He also goes through the Pro Pass step by step. There is something in every free tier level, which 2K23 does not have in their Clubhouse Pass. That said, there doesn't look to be any gear, clubs, or clothing in the free tier in EA's version of the season pass - all of those things are found only in the Premium level.

He also mentioned in a comment on the video that the Premium tier costs 1000 Premium currency, which would be around $9.99 USD.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 08-10-2023 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2023, 12:10 PM   #5
MVP

My favorite patch note: "Augusta National: Reprimanded and corrected camera operators in the towers on holes 12, 13, and 15 who were not filming their greens."

Seriously though, great effort by this particular EA team who listens to community requested features. Proves it's not a company wide problem of ignoring its consumers. I will reward with a purchase down the road.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2023, 02:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Gamer Ability, with a video walking thru the patch and changes to the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwu8spzpGm4

Says it was a 20+ GB download on Xbox. Shows off how the match play options look in the Online menu.

He also goes through the Pro Pass step by step. There is something in every free tier level, which 2K23 does not have in their Clubhouse Pass. That said, there doesn't look to be any gear, clubs, or clothing in the free tier in EA's version of the season pass - all of those things are found only in the Premium level.

He also mentioned in a comment on the video that the Premium tier costs 1000 Premium currency, which would be around $9.99 USD.
No gear on free level but plenty of currency to buy gear. Played a few rounds since the patch and bought myself a new golf bag already. That would have taken many hours of challenges/daily quests to earn previously. A few more rounds and I’ll quickly earn enough to get some clothing.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

Putting is completely broken. I'm swinging all the way down the putting meter and the ball isn't even making it halfway to the cup. You can't just completely change putting now, after I've played it one way for the last five months.

Edit: okay, somehow I changed the setting to putting and didn't even know it. That's not EA's fault, that's mine.

Last edited by Crazy Packers Fan; 08-10-2023 at 03:46 PM. Reason: I was wrong
Old 08-10-2023, 03:47 PM   #8
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

The patch note on the Augusta National towers is great, but one I'll mention that I really liked is adding in the internal OOB to Royal Liverpool. It's good to see them fixing up courses even this far in, I'll have to report some of the issues I've found on Harbour Town cause the par 3 14th there can be janky sometimes.

I think the update was 11GB on my PS5. I played 3 daily tournaments and am already on pro pass level 7 which is cool, this feels like another reliable way to earn coins along with the Tournaments. The premium pass stuff looks alright but it's mainly a few balls, hats, and clubs, not sure if that's enough for me personally to pay the $10 for but we'll see.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »