Home

Does EA and Tiger '05 Dissapoint? Here is a solution!!!!!

This is a discussion on Does EA and Tiger '05 Dissapoint? Here is a solution!!!!! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Does EA and Tiger '05 Dissapoint? Here is a solution!!!!!

I write this post to recommend a game that you may not have heard much about......

I have a golf game addiction and for the last 4 years EA's Tiger Woods games have filled that nicely. Tiger 05 on the other hand was a major disappointment. With no other title that came close, I had all but given up on golf for the next year on my PS2.

A friend introduced me to Outlaw Golf 2. If you check the reviews, you will say..."Whatch you talkin about ..." It will look like I have smoked a significant amount of white rock before making this post. The reviewers missed something though.

Any review will tell you the game is long mundane and unplayable after a few enjoyable hours. The graphics and gameplay are good, but it just takes to long to make progress. They are right on in this regard. The offline play is excruciating.

This game however takes a different turn Online. Your first mission is to use a code "I Have No Time". This unlocks everything and allows you to use any golfer with any combination of equipment. It also opens up the entire practice range and lets you max out any golfer in about an hour.

Once completed, your experience Online can be spectacular. The gameplay is one of the most competitive I have played to date. It has 4 player online capability with both simultaneous and turn taking play. 10 varietys of gameplay keep the game fresh and exciting.

I am writing this as a full endorsement if you like Online golf gaming. To add to your enjoyment, join a community of gamers who will play together in tourneys, ladders, and leagues. The one below is one that I am a part of and is absolutely free. It contains many other features that will entertain you for hours on end....

So....Go.....get Outlaw Golf 2.....use the "I Have No Time Code", get maxed out, and look for me online soon. Check out the site for our upcoming league to form that will combine stroke and match play into one exciting format and ranking.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ......... Cheat Free, Cheese Free, Hassle Free, Online Gaming.....Absolutely Free!!!!!!!!!

[img:d88468d125]http://ensim.codezhost.com/~admin44/one/phpnuke/signature.php[/img:d88468d125]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
Vyce3

OVR:
Re: Does EA and Tiger '05 Dissapoint? Here is a solution!!!!!

What is so bad about TW 2005?

Old 12-20-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually like TW online. It's just a matter of finding people with similar skill levels.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

TW 05 online is excruciating for me to play....

I played 04 online like crack for almost 9 months....05 is the same game...just easier....

To compete, you gotta hole out 4 to 5 shots a round...

They did no upgrades in the 05 Online from 04..... and the server is even worse than last years server. When I decide to pay 50 bucks for a game the next year, I expect a little effort from the developers to make a better game. They made a worse game....04 is significantly better. I was so let down and disappointed. Tiger had spawned the gamining community I mentioned and I made several online friends through the game. 05 is just painful for me to play....I actually traded it back in a few weeks ago after not playing the game for a month solid.

I really am upset with EA right now due to Tiger, the NFL Deal, and their employment practices that lead to the glitches and mistakes that can never get fixed. They force their programmers, engineers, ect. to work unreal hours with no beneifts at all...no OT, no comp time, and barely a Thank you.....Tired, unmotivated, and upset programmers makes for glitchy, thoughtless games year after year. I expect much more from a multi billion dollar company on the verge of a sports gaming monopoly....

Whew.....I feel better now....Get Outlaw Golf 2....you will love it and its only $20....

Late

The Guru
Old 12-28-2004, 01:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I dont know why but i actually really like TW 05, many of the golf games over the years i would play them for a couple months and then get just down right bored with them after beating the computer so handily and then the only thing left was live competition (online recently). However with the addition of the "TOUR" diffculty i really enjoy this game on the harder levels. dont get me wrong it isnt the hardest game in the world however that added level of realism really sets it apart from most golf games for me. Just my two cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cool Re: Does EA and Tiger '05 Dissapoint? Here is a solution!!!!!

Before I go pick up TW '05 is there the ability to play in tournaments (offline) with more than 1 player at a time?? In the '04 version you could only have 1 PGA tour season player at a time. It is really annoying not being able to play with my wife/friends in anything other than stroke/skins games that have no point other than the money you make during the round.

Anyone who has the game please post a simple yes or no please before I go and drop the 40 bucks or whatever it is now.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #7
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

Yes....you can play with multiple peple in the offline Tour Mode.....
Old 01-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #8
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I took back TW05 the first day I got it because I holed out 3 times in the first hour I played. No thanks....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »