Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 AM   #3545
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Went this past Monday and had my new irons fitted for me and what a HUGE difference it’s made. Had to add a inch of length. It was the best decision I’ve ever made when it comes to me purchasing new irons over the years.

Played twice this weekend and instead of pulling out my 5-wood from 185-200 yards out I’m using my 4/5 iron and I’m hitting not only flush but with consistency.

4 weeks away from my 6 day Myrtle Beach golf trip and my game is coming along nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boom! THat's awesome. It's never a fix-all for swing problems, but I've found that unless someone is perfectly average in every aspect, off the shelf clubs are doing a disservice to people. Whether it's length, lie angle, loft adjustment, or driver tweaking, the smallest changes add so much.

Congrats!

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2018, 09:58 PM   #3546
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Boom! THat's awesome. It's never a fix-all for swing problems, but I've found that unless someone is perfectly average in every aspect, off the shelf clubs are doing a disservice to people. Whether it's length, lie angle, loft adjustment, or driver tweaking, the smallest changes add so much.

Congrats!
+1! Im 6'4" but only 38" or 39" wrist-to-floor, so (depending on the place), im anywhere from 1/2"-1" longer and about 2*-4* upright. Imagine the difference that would have compared to standard length and lie. If anyone is going to get clubs, get them fit for you. You're not doing yourself any favors just buying random specs OTR.

Also, quick thing that helps me with putting that I want to pass along: When you practice, start off with some putts with each hand, one handed. It helps, I ended my practice session today with some one handed putts, and after that, couldnt even barely make 5 footers. Every last putt was exactly the same, dead center cup. I really dont understand why, but it helps.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:47 PM   #3547
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Well, I somehow have 4 rounds of golf in this year, despite the ****ty midwest weather, and the extra two feet of snow we didn't need a few weeks back. Today I got to play the Pete Dye designed River Course at Blackwolf Run (owned by the same guy as Whistling Straits). What an absolutely incredible golf course to play. Very mentally taxing. That being said, I'm crushing my M3, somehow have picked up the ability to draw the ball, which I've never done in the last 12 years. I'm hitting my new wedges solid, now that I have a number in mind for them. And have finally found a putter I think I'm sticking with. I might not be playing as much golf as the last few years, but damn it's going to be a great season.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #3548
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

13 days away from my Myrtle Beach Golf trip and my game is shaping up nicely. I know this is overkill but we will be playing for 7 straight days. I’m so excited that I’m starting to not sleep well at night. Too old for this shzzzz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #3549
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I played for the first time since October yesterday, I got up early and did 9 miles on the mountain bike and felt so good afterwards I decided to play a round of golf plus I had a $50 gift certificate to the course that was about to expire.

Being as I only played once all of last year I was pretty rusty to say the least but I did manage to keep it under 100 with a 98 going birdie, par on the last 2 holes. Made a really nice up and down from the bunker on 18 for par. Nice way to end the round. Hopefully this will spark me back into the game a bit.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk

Last edited by doubledeuceR6; 05-15-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #3550
Pro

OVR: 4

Well, so far this year I have been able to get out 7 times. Of course the year started out fairly well as all of my off-season practice has really helped. I have lowered my index from 10.7 to 8.6 so far and figure it will be closer to 7 by the end of the year.

Still struggling through the middle part of my rounds, almost like I get tired and lose focus only to regain it later. I have to work on that. On my home course I have really tried to learn to play a better round by not being as aggressive when the situation doesn't call for it. That has been helping the scores, so I will mix in some aggressive play to keep my index where it really should be.

Looking forward to picking up new clubs next season, being 43 I think that I will get custom fitted for this set as I may not be getting any new ones after this. I hope this helps just give me a more consistent ball strike as my buddy, who was a teaching pro at one time, has said it will help.

Looking very forward to this golf season as my kids and wife also are members this year so that should get me on the course even more often.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #3551
All Star

OVR: 13

So, I'm kinda/sorta in the market for a new set of irons, but I really want to be able to hit a bunch of different sets before making a decision. Does anyone know of a place (nationwide chain or something where there are at least locations in most major metropolitan areas) where I can go hit a bunch of balls with a bunch of different iron sets without someone hovering over me while I do it? Honestly, for me to really get a feel for a set of clubs, I have to hit easily 40-50 balls minimum with a few different irons, and I want to hit a lot of different sets.

Appreciate any info/advice you guys might have. I'm in no rush, BTW - might not even be this year but I want to start looking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #3552
Rookie

GreenLightning's Arena

OVR: 0

I would suggest you go to a decent local muni and become friendly with the pro. There are decent deals all the time on slightly used sets if you want to go that way.

If you can live with hitting irons off a mat you might check out local repair shops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »