Home

Best Controller to Play TW12 with..

This is a discussion on Best Controller to Play TW12 with.. within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Best Controller to Play TW12 with..

The key to this game is the ability to swing straight. Typically, I have found a regular Microsoft cotroller has too much play in the analog and is not consistent. Aftermarket controllers can have stiffer sticks that lead to straighter swings with minimal effort. I have had a Madcatz since 2007 that finally swung its last a week ago... (I literally used tape, super glue, and a new wonder substance Mighty Puddy to keep it all together through the years.. it was a site to see...)

That model is not being made any more and I had to find a replacement. It took me 3 days on the internet, but I finally found one.. bought it and the results were fantastic....

The product is made by Datel and is called a TurboFire 2. Swings are good, the turbo helps in Amatuer and Pro mode (Although this year is not really neccessary as it is easier to just hit the button to get a full boost.. It is a lazy mans way though... )

I like it as it is wireless and can be used for other games as well. (My previous Madcatz was almost primarily used for TW as it did not work well for other games.) The only issue that could come up is durability. Time and use will determine that.

I used it in a Tournament mode Online Tourney last night and was one bad putt away from winning the whole thing. Placed in the Top 10 with a Double on a hole. It was more consistent than my pieced together Madcatz. I will update periodically if I find issues, but this could solve some peoples issues and lead to a more enjoyable experience playing Tiger...

Late,

The Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Best Controller to Play TW12 with..

Not trying to be a jerk, but where's the fun in this? It's these types of controllers (and the people who use them) that make the online tournaments a joke.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

I really can't stand a controller that hits str8 25% of the time. This is both of my Microsoft controllers. It is not that after market are 100%, but the game comes down to knowing how your ball plays in the conditions, wind, elevation ect... If I could not swing str8, this game would be junked in 2 weeks out of frustration. Online tourneys are not a joke but played at the games highest level as is any online game leaderboard. I feel exactly the opposite of you... Having a good quality controller evens the playing field more than anything else. To each his own, but the game is a blast...especially on Tournament mode or Tour Pro...
Old 06-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

As long as the controller is licensed by Microsoft for use on the xbox360, I don't see any problem. If it's not licensed or is modded, then that's another story.

I've tried the Madcatz (which is licensed and which is sold at stores), but I didn't care for the analog sticks. Some like the Gamestop one. I've heard the PS3 people talk about the Hori. Some people go through 4-6 MS wireless controllers before they find one that is easier to swing.

My attitude is that if it's legal and licensed to use on the 360 by MS, then it's good to use. It's just like finding a legal and licensed controller to use in racing games -- some like the gamepads, some like the MS wheel, some like other 3rd party wheels. All are licensed and legal to use. People use the one's that they like the best and that they play the best with.

What I find as a joke are the people who whine, cry and complain about people trying and choosing to use alternate legal and licensed controllers. (No disrespect to anyone here meant.). It's usually just an excuse for those who don't play the game as well, and can't compete and win in Live Tournaments or online. Instead of taking the time and figuring out the game and really learning the nuances, its just much easier to blame their inability on third party straight shooter controllers, even though they can get them at the store just like anyone else. All these controllers do from the one's I have tried is enable you to gain 2-4 yards on your drives at most, depending on how low you can go with your tuning and still hit mostly straight.

Is the Datel TurboFire2 licensed for use? Can you buy it at a store? I wouldn't mind trying it if is legal and licensed.

Last edited by ShivasIrons; 06-16-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

Yup... Licensed and bought at Hastings.... I will likely use it for most of my gaming..... I have found it a bit tricky if I stop paying attention. I can really hit a bad one every 3rd round or so..... Totally my fault though and not the controller....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »