Home

Ive noticed an absence of other threads...

This is a discussion on Ive noticed an absence of other threads... within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Ive noticed an absence of other threads...

Where did all the discussions go outside the two above... Just wondering...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Ive noticed an absence of other threads...

Likely due to spam and the age of the threads....
Old 12-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

guru, you can edit your user options and change the default thread age display setting. You can set it for two months or for the last year for example.

Last edited by peigone; 12-31-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
guru, you can edit your user options and change the default thread age display setting. You can set it for two months or for the last year for example.
Thanks for that tip, I was wondering the same thing as Guru. I went in and changed the oldest posts in my options to 1 year... brought back a lot of stuff I was wondering about. It just goes to show how little discussion there's been about golf games in the last three months!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Thanks for that tip... It just goes to show how little discussion there's been about golf games in the last three months!
No problem. And if anyone wants to discuss TW 08 for the PC, I'm game! That's the only game I ever play, still the best golf game out there IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
No problem. And if anyone wants to discuss TW 08 for the PC, I'm game! That's the only game I ever play, still the best golf game out there IMO.
You know, I should go back and try to buy Tiger 08 for the PC somewhere. I quit playing PC golf after Tiger 06, even though I somewhat enjoyed it. That was the time that the next-gen version of Tiger hit for the XBox and I was mesmerized by the look and spacious atmosphere of that game, even though it left much to be desired in gameplay.

Tiger 10 was my favorite of the console versions, but it doesn't seem to have made much progress since then. In fact, I think it's regressed in a few areas. I kept seeing an improving trend in the PC versions from 02 to 06, however. I know I don't like TWO at all, but from what I've read, I think 08 could have some merit. I just don't know if my PC's are up to the task, and I already know I don't like action gaming on my laptop.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Tiger 10 was my favorite of the console versions, but it doesn't seem to have made much progress since then. In fact, I think it's regressed in a few areas.
The club tuner was a great addition to the console version. Other than that though, IMO TW 08 on the PC is still a much better game overall. FYI, someone recently discovered how to customize Tourney mode to allow people to switch out the default courses and play with user-created courses instead. Go to coursedownloads.com for all the info if you're interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »